Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh..."Houston Nutt seeking apology from Ole Miss after NCAA violation..."

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

Uh oh..."Houston Nutt seeking apology from Ole Miss after NCAA violation..."

vCash
    “I would hope this wouldn’t become a legal situation,” Mars said. “But if the university doesn’t recognize at some point the damage that’s been done … I would like to think the appropriate action will be taken.

“This was a smear campaign. If it weren’t so deceitful and morally wrong, it would probably go down in college football history as one of the best trick plays ever.”

vCash
    Mars is certain of what transpired: Someone or some group of people at Ole Miss quickly leaked information to media members in an effort to minimize the appearance of impropriety related to the football program in general and Freeze’s staff in specific.

“I’m 100 percent certain the information was leaked by the university,” Mars said. “And I’m absolutely certain I could prove that in court.”

The problem for Ole Miss was this: The leaked information didn’t match the facts.

vCash
    Mars argued that his repeated attempts to engage Ole Miss officials on this topic – most notably general counsel Lee Tyner – have gotten him nowhere.

“I’ve been stonewalled every step of the way,” said Mars, who provided Yahoo Sports with copies of email exchanges with Mississippi officials expressing his frustration in attempts to get information and establish dialog. “It’s very disappointing that a university with the reputation Ole Miss has would react in this way.”

vCash
    What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

vCash
    Forde getting after that ass
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    I hope Nutt gets his day in court
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." James "Mad Dog" Mattis, General/USMC August 2006

vCash
    Humm.............I don't think I'd want to go into open court if I'm TSUN.

vCash
    This article was so overdue. Finally someone calling them on all the bullshit they spewed to every media outlet.

vCash
    I'm sure this is all ultimately Leo Lewis's fault.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaDawgs View Post
    This article was so overdue. Finally someone calling them on all the bullshit they spewed to every media outlet.
    Hopefully the COI sees this as more evidence of a culture of BS and corruption.

To put it in Lehman's terms: those 17ers deserve every ounce of what they have coming to them.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Mars argued that his repeated attempts to engage Ole Miss officials on this topic – most notably general counsel Lee Tyner – have gotten him nowhere.

“I’ve been stonewalled every step of the way,” said Mars, who provided Yahoo Sports with copies of email exchanges with Mississippi officials expressing his frustration in attempts to get information and establish dialog. “It’s very disappointing that a university with the reputation Ole Miss has would react in this way.”
    Interesting -- At several universities-- there is a policy about how long the general counsel has to answer a request for information... Interesting.... PLEASE note: General Counsels at each university are employed by the AG's office of Mississippi....

vCash
    Shitbirds

vCash
    So hearing before the COI is scheduled for June then according to this article.

vCash
    Bwahahahahahaha!!! Finally getting called out. The best part of that article is the excerpts from all the news outlets falsely claiming everything was Nutts staff and women's sports.

vCash
    From @CopiahDawg:

vCash
    Nutt is going to rue the day.***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Can't believe this part isn't getting more traction on here. Paging Cadaver!!! Is this one of the IT's?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Per the COI site the hearings are scheduled on the second weekend of the month. (On the months hearings are slated. One of which is June)

Should be June 10th then unless Forde is wrong. August is the next month. Makes sense the release their version of things on the 5th and then go to the hearing. The spin will really start then. Rumors about getting off easy will be spewed 24/7. Fun times!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgowar View Post
    Per the COI site the hearings are scheduled on the second weekend of the month. (On the months hearings are slated. One of which is June)

Should be June 10th then unless Forde is wrong. August is the next month. Makes sense the release their version of things on the 5th and then go to the hearing. The spin will really start then. Rumors about getting off easy will be spewed 24/7. Fun times!
    I may be wrong but I thought they have been saying the WEEK of June 5th. Seems June 9th around 5 pm would be the day that they would like to release.