Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Per Cohen on another MSU web site

vCash

Per Cohen on another MSU web site

The Lofts are going to be completed by 2019.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Very cool. Sounds like it will be close to what was promised after all.

vCash
    Good news. Glad several sources were wrong

vCash
    Yep, looks like all the wailing wasn't necessary.

vCash
    Already bought 3.

vCash
    I approve of this message!

vCash
    not sure how that's the case considering they aren't part of the current bid. they would have to go back to ihl and get further approval, which is possible, and have to raise additional funds. which is possible too, but im not holding my breath on the lofts unless a whole lot has changed in the last couple of weeks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    not sure how that's the case considering they aren't part of the current bid. they would have to go back to ihl and get further approval, which is possible, and have to raise additional funds. which is possible too, but im not holding my breath on the lofts unless a whole lot has changed in the last couple of weeks.
    Um, so Cohen is just lying?

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I guess he just made it up to appease the fans for now....

vCash
    um, where did cohen say it? its an article on genespage and that part isnt even up.. but what is a FACT is that the 55 million approved and the current plans do NOT include lofts.

vCash
    um, where did cohen say it? its an article on genespage and that part isnt even up.. but what is a FACT is that the 55 million approved and the current plans do NOT include lofts.
    Well, I would assume since that whole interview was with Cohen and Hemphill, that this closing line of "I will continue this seven-part series Friday with an article about the left field Lofts, a project that is still on the agenda and expected to be completed by the 2019 season." implies that Cohen is going to talk about A) The Lofts; B) that it is still happening; and C) it will be completed by 2019.

You are correct, the current project approved by the IHL and the $55 m does not include the Loft. However, your statement implies that the Lofts can't happen. Now, I would assume that the mechanics of that have been that when State went to the IHL for approval of the stadium that enough people hadn't bought in to take the risk of issuing the bonds, OR, people have bought in and due to the nature of it being a residential development the IHL can't have involvement in the funding. Either way, from the tease on the article, whatever hurdles that might have been in place are not a problem and it appears that Cohen has it moving forward.

vCash
    Well, I would assume since that whole interview was with Cohen and Hemphill, that this closing line of "I will continue this seven-part series Friday with an article about the left field Lofts, a project that is still on the agenda and expected to be completed by the 2019 season." implies that Cohen is going to talk about A) The Lofts; B) that it is still happening; and C) it will be completed by 2019.

You are correct, the current project approved by the IHL and the $55 m does not include the Loft. However, your statement implies that the Lofts can't happen. Now, I would assume that the mechanics of that have been that when State went to the IHL for approval of the stadium that enough people hadn't bought in to take the risk of issuing the bonds, OR, people have bought in and due to the nature of it being a residential development the IHL can't have involvement in the funding. Either way, from the tease on the article, whatever hurdles that might have been in place are not a problem and it appears that Cohen has it moving forward.
    Nope. Not once did I say they would never happen. Go re-read it. I said I wouldn't hold my breath and that was in reference to them being done in 2019 considering they were slow w sales and not even in the project. If I'm wrong great. It will look better. But just don't see them being there in 2019 unless there has been a major change. Which, is possible. I suppose.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    I guess he just made it up to appease the fans for now....
    Wait! That's not allowed?......Ross Bjork

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    Overview of the Loft Interview

Will be financed by the Bulldog Club
    Will be ready for the stadium opening in 2019
    $4-6Mil project
    Will be a multi-level building exact size not yet decided - Could be something like a 12 or 24 unit complex. Also may build 1 12 unit building with the option of another 12 unit building later or could just build 1 24 unit building now. Will depend on demand

vCash
    If you have money to burn, the Loft is a great place to burn it. Get to stay on campus for all sporting events.

vCash
    Go read the article. We would like to have it ready by 2019. Our goal is to have it ready by 2019. Hell they haven't decided the price and what it's going to be and don't even have it w an architect. Like I said, it's a dream to think that thing is going to be here in 19. It might be built. But it won't be then if ever.

vCash
    Go read the article. We would like to have it ready by 2019. Our goal is to have it ready by 2019. Hell they haven't decided the price and what it's going to be and don't even have it w an architect. Like I said, it's a dream to think that thing is going to be here in 19. It might be built. But it won't be then if ever.
    Something tells me your cherrios taste like urine?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Something tells me your cherrios taste like urine?
    Good grief man. If you say one damn negative thing on here people go nuts. Maybe they will be built one day. That better????

vCash
    Good grief man. If you say one damn negative thing on here people go nuts. Maybe they will be built one day. That better????
    Dude, I was just screwing with you. It is funny that you are so insistent that there is almost 0% chance that the Lofts will be built.

vCash
    Would they be tax deductible?