Thread: Palmeiro Pulling for Rooker

vCash

Palmeiro Pulling for Rooker

Pretty good piece from the CL today actually. I actually like the last like from the article a quote by Palmeiro.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/s...own/341545001/

vCash
    Will has been killing it since he came on the beat. He puts out very good articles that tell great stories from angles you wouldn't always think about. He had a great one about Vivians and where she grew up during their NCAA run.

vCash
    Very cool story!
    Thanks for linking it!

vCash
    That is a good article.

vCash
    Raffy is still my all time favorite MSU baseball player.
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Excellent. Love hearing Raffy supporting the Dawgs.

Sammon is getting it done on the beat.

vCash
    Was in school when he played and worked for the Athletic Department so i worked every baseball game in the original Dudy Noble.... got to know Raffy and Will along with Timmy Perington very well... went to a game in Arlington at the Old ball park and at 10 pm it was still 98 degrees...

Got there early and was able to walk down to the dug out and Raffy saw me and got me on the field and he introduced me to Nolan Ryan.... Still vivid in my memory... BTW...

Raffy went 5 for 5 that night... Saw his wife Lynn that night in the stands and she actually saw me first and spoke to me... best damn hitter I have ever seen... just a nice guy....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    Was in school when he played and worked for the Athletic Department so i worked every baseball game in the original Dudy Noble.... got to know Raffy and Will along with Timmy Perington very well... went to a game in Arlington at the Old ball park and at 10 pm it was still 98 degrees...

Got there early and was able to walk down to the dug out and Raffy saw me and got me on the field and he introduced me to Nolan Ryan.... Still vivid in my memory... BTW...

Raffy went 5 for 5 that night... Saw his wife Lynn that night in the stands and she actually saw me first and spoke to me... best damn hitter I have ever seen... just a nice guy....
    Cool memory!

vCash
    He should get involved in the game of baseball at some level. He has a lot to offer it and it has a lot to offer him.

vCash
    Great article.
    You can tell Raffy loves Mississippi State when he talks about it. I wish he'd come around Starkville more.