Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goff-'Bama baseball coach fired

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Scott Berry, not a sexy hire but he does a good job at Usm. He knows the recruit area and his players seem to like him.
    That USM staff is really good.

You nailed it that it wouldn't be sexy but they would win. That staff is high energy and aggressive.

USM could've won the SEC West this year if they were in it.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Why? LOL. That would be very un-Greg Byrne. I'm not sure who they will go after. I could see Cohen recommending Henderson though.
    They won't hire Henderson. Doesn't fit byrne's m.o

vCash
    How connected to Arizona is Arizona's baseball coach?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They won't hire Henderson. Doesn't fit byrne's m.o
    Rich rod was a retread.

vCash
    look for Berry or Johnson to get looks, along with Mingione if you want Ms connections
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    look for Berry or Johnson to get looks, along with Mingione if you want Ms connections
    I can't imagine Minge leaving Kentucky for Alabama.

Kentucky is building a new stadium and has access to most of Big 10 country where them and Louisville can grab players almost unopposed
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    What is Bryne's M.O.?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    How connected to Arizona is Arizona's baseball coach?
    I don't think it's so much that he's connected to AZ. I think it's that he's connected to the west coast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    There's not enough talent in MS for that to be a reason to offer Mingione.

vCash
    We can't have Bama getting a halfway decent coach and recruiter. The state of Alabama is pretty fertile recruiting ground that we have been running through and a good coach along with a nice new stadium would draw them away from us to Alabama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    There's not enough talent in MS for that to be a reason to offer Mingione.
    I meant a Mississippi connection as far as interest
    Not only did Mississippi State embarrass LSU on this night. Davis Wade Stadium wrecked Tiger Stadium in music choice, atmosphere and, most of all, volume.

When I'm 80 and deaf, it's not going to be all those Springsteen concerts or Queen at Municipal Auditorium in New Orleans on Halloween Night in 1978, it will be this game...............Glen Guilbeau--Sherveport Times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    What is Bryne's M.O.?
    I think in this case he's going to have to make a Dan Mullen type of hire for their baseball program. My guess is he will end up with a mid major head coach and is going to do his homework during the regionals in a couple of weeks.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Choctaw Dawg View Post
    We can't have Bama getting a halfway decent coach and recruiter. The state of Alabama is pretty fertile recruiting ground that we have been running through and a good coach along with a nice new stadium would draw them away from us to Alabama.
    And from a very highly rated recruit who visited there but went to LSU last year..."it's niiiiiccceeeee. Like a country club everywhere" so with right guy they will be trouble.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mstatefan91 View Post
    The biggest issue is that he apparently told multiple players that their scholarships would not be renewed, which is now against NCAA rules. You can't cut a player for athletic performance.

Basically, it appears that he didn't even have a halfway decent reason to get rid of the players other than he wanted his own guys. That's a no-no now.
    You can't cut them for performance as in kick them off the team, but you can take their scholarship money away at any time and for any reason. You can make the decision easy for them to leave. Scholarships in all sports are only guaranteed and re-upped annually, not for a full 4-5 years.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    And from a very highly rated recruit who visited there but went to LSU last year..."it's niiiiiccceeeee. Like a country club everywhere" so with right guy they will be trouble.
    We better watch out for them coming after Hevesy then***