Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
I talked to a HS coach that attended one of our spring practices and he said the one thing that stood out in his mind was Hevesy and how he wouldn't want any of his kids playing for him....
Not a Hevesy fan here, but I wonder if the myth of him being a bad coach has surpassed the reality.

1. How come none of our former players ever have a bad thing to say about Hevesy? Not saying he's great, but if he were awful, wouldn't one of the former players have said something publicly by now?

2. I would question if your HS coach friend was an MSU fan & if he already had a poor perception of Hevesy before attending practice. Just seems like their could have been a heavy dose of confirmation bias here if your HS coach friend was able to attend one single practice & determine that he wouldn't want his kids playing for Hev. Again, not a fan here & not saying he's wrong, but it seems like the myth may have surpasses reality at this point. I mean, the guy has now been an SEC OL coach for 8 years &, unless we have the wrong RB or QB playing, we've virtually been able to run the football the entire time. So he can't be awful & accomplish that.