Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
Don't put words in my mouth. Winning 8 games a year is a huge improvement. No one is talking about consistently competing for a national championship at State in football. But I don't think it's wrong to want to at least have a legitimate shot of making it to Atlanta once every 5-8 years, either. I'm not bitching about Mullen, I'm bitching about the lazy recruiting practices across the entire staff. Mullen seems to be taking a few steps to rectify that, but the biggest culprits are on his side of the football and we haven't seen any serious staff changes over there. We're still bringing a popgun to a full on firefight.
We had a legitimate chance at Atlanta in 2014. Dak's two interceptions in Bama territory and JRob's ill-advised dance in the end zone for a safety squashed it, but we were very very close. Dan's going into Year 9 so you should be happy.

Recruiting could always be better but unless you're landing the #1 class in the country every year that will always be true. Building a program takes time. We are building a program here.