Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happens if a disassociated booster gets caught continuing participating?

vCash

What happens if a disassociated booster gets caught continuing participating?

I just can't see all of (or any of) OM's top boosters actually abiding by the disassociation coming. That might be the reason why they wanted to keep them anonymous. Mississippi is a small state and it will be too easy for these fat cats to get spotted somewhere they shouldn't be. So what happens when not if this happens?

To be clear I'm not asking about them getting caught cheating again because that is obvious. I'm just talking about attending games and doing things that disassociated boosters are no longer supposed to be able to do.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I just can't see all of (or any of) OM's top boosters actually abiding by the disassociation coming. That might be the reason why they wanted to keep them anonymous. Mississippi is a small state and it will be too easy for these fat cats to get spotted somewhere they shouldn't be. So what happens when not if this happens?

To be clear I'm not asking about them getting caught cheating again because that is obvious. I'm just talking about attending games and doing things that disassociated boosters are no longer supposed to be able to do.
    Absolutely nothing at OM. Hell, Brad Lott was disassociated and there are several photo's of he and Bjork at OM functions together. Doesn't seem to bother the rebels in the least bit. Things like that is why OM will never abide by the "disassociate booster" role. Now if they are caught by the NCAA still involved with a disassociated booster it may be different.

vCash
    The future of Mississippi appears to be Maroon. Those folks might as well learn to like it.

vCash
    I believe disassociated boosters can still attend games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Okay then what can't they do and what is the penalty if they do that anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fader2103 View Post
    Wasn't Cam Newton's dad banned? Serious question.

vCash
    Okay then what can't they do and what is the penalty if they do that anyway?
    They can't provide support - such as purchasing season tickets, booster club donations, university foundation donations, advertise at events, etc - or be invited to exclusive events. That's about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    They can't provide support - such as purchasing season tickets, booster club donations, university foundation donations, advertise at events, etc - or be invited to exclusive events. That's about it.
    I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they can't buy tickets at all. Now we all know that's very easy to get around, you just have someone buy them for you in their name. Now if they do that with donations the IRS might have a say in that.
    Last edited by Liverpooldawg; 05-24-2017 at 11:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    I thought I remember seeing somewhere that they can't buy tickets at all. Now we all know that's very easy to get around, you just have someone buy them in your name. Now if they do that with donations the IRS might have a say in that.
    If booster A walks up to ticket window with cash on gameday, or buys a ticket from a scalper, there is no way to know. It's not like Charles Oakley walking in to MSG, they aren't banned from the building.

vCash
    Disassociated boosters are considered general public. They can't give money to the program and are robbed of their standard 1st amendment rights, assuming they agree to play along and fall on the sword.

If they want to be an ass about it, they could sue the ever living hell out of the university and the NCAA, both of which have zero standing to tell an individual who they can or cannot talk with.

vCash
    What happens if a disassociated booster gets caught continuing participating?.
    They get to be a message board moderator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    They get to be a message board moderator.
    Zing !!!!!!
    +1

vCash

I'm more than a little surprised that OM has agreed to make the boosters named in the NOA public. I may be in the dark on the background stuff, but what made them decide to go public with the names?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    I'm more than a little surprised that OM has agreed to make the boosters named in the NOA public. I may be in the dark on the background stuff, but what made them decide to go public with the names?
    They agreed through the MS Ethics Complaint filed by Rosebowl -- that was FILED in February, 2017.... There is a picture of the letter earlier this week... or late last week on this forum....

This is the link where this was discussed: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...highlight=Chip
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 05-24-2017 at 12:52 PM.

vCash

Under the MS Public Records Act, on any redacted names or items, I believe that would only be if what was redacted did not pertain to the requested documents.

vCash
    Legally- they don't have a choice. That's the only reason why they are cooperating

vCash
    They didn't agree. They were forced by law and Rosebowl's diligence. Mississippi is a small state and everyone knows what everyone else is doing especially with the profile of individuals who will be on the list. Is it a level 1 or 2 violation of the booster or university disregards the disassociation?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    They agreed through the MS Ethics Complaint filed by Rosebowl -- that was FILED in February, 2017.... There is a picture of the letter earlier this week... or late last week on this forum....

This is the link where this was discussed: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...highlight=Chip

OM had no choice, or bargaining power as they were on record as being in violation of the MS Public Records Act.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Legally- they don't have a choice. That's the only reason why they are cooperating

As long as OM wasn't challenged, they could call their own shots on their preferred method of responding to a public records' request. When they don't comply with the provisions under the MS Public Records Act and are challenged on it, then they are just like all other state agencies and are required to comply with the law.

vCash
    I may post something later on,about this whole thing, as OM was actually in violation after the 7 business days expired on the first NOA request.