Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sec basketball bad news

vCash

Sec basketball bad news

Maten returning to Georgia
    Key returning to bama

vCash
    not really bad news. I want the SEC to be good. Bama could be really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    not really bad news. I want the SEC to be good. Bama could be really good.
    I think bama will be right below Kentucky as 2nd best sec team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't think Bama will be there this year but they will be there. It will be us and Bama competing for a top spot in a few years with kentucky.

vCash
    And did I see yesterday in the sec ticket where Tan got a big transfer. Guy that maybe led the NCAA in scoring

vCash
    As long as Frazier is gone from Georgia, that's all that matters. He was the straw that stirred the drink for that team.

vCash
    We know.

vCash
    Tan?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We know.
    Haha... what's your top tier?

vCash
    Haha... what's your top tier?
    I'd have to think about it. There are still players that are deciding to come back so I will have something by June.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Tan?
    He meant Tennessee.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    If were going to be in that discussion, we better step in up. As good of a recruiter Howland and Co. are, Avery Johnson is kicking Howlands ass right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    If were going to be in that discussion, we better step in up. As good of a recruiter Howland and Co. are, Avery Johnson is kicking Howlands ass right now.
    He's really not. They have a great 2017 class, but top to bottom, it's not better than our 2016 class. And while Key is great, he's the only HS recruit they brought in for 2016. And we are looking good in the 2018 class.

vCash
    We haven't lost a player to him so I wouldn't say he is kicking our ass recruiting wise. We recruited the 5th ranked recruiting class in 2016 and were an extremely young team last year. I will be very interested in how our freshmen progress as sophomores. I think Nick will be awesome for us. I also think if Tyson Carter gains about 10-15 pounds this offseason he will make huge strides. We also have Ado this year. We have one of the more talented teams in the SEC. Just need our freshmen to make the jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    He's really not. They have a great 2017 class, but top to bottom, it's not better than our 2016 class. And while Key is great, he's the only HS recruit they brought in for 2016. And we are looking good in the 2018 class.
    I agree with you Smoot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    We haven't lost a player to him so I wouldn't say he is kicking our ass recruiting wise. We recruited the 5th ranked recruiting class in 2016 and were an extremely young team last year. I will be very interested in how our freshmen progress as sophomores. I think Nick will be awesome for us. I also think if Tyson Carter gains about 10-15 pounds this offseason he will make huge strides. We also have Ado this year. We have one of the more talented teams in the SEC. Just need our freshmen to make the jump.
    I wasn't referring to going after the same players. If I am a salesman and my territory is the SE and you're a salesman and your territory is MW and I sell more, I am kicking your ass in sales. You think the boss is going to say, "Well you had more sales but you weren't selling head to head so it don't matter."

vCash
    I wasn't referring to going after the same players. If I am a salesman and my territory is the SE and you're a salesman and your territory is MW and I sell more, I am kicking your ass in sales. You think the boss is going to say, "Well you had more sales but you weren't selling head to head so it don't matter."
    But he's not selling more.

Banned
    vCash
    It only seems like Avery is kicking our ass right now because Howland's big splash came right away in recruiting as he filled up the available roster spots right away and now we have basically had a full roster for almost two years. There's only one spot open on the roster to sign anyone so we are stuck in this gap in time till players graduate and that isn't a bad thing. Enjoy having a full roster full of 4* players that are getting better by the day. Huge turnover every year isn't really a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    But he's not selling more.
    He's getting better players. Did you miss them kicking our ass three times last year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    It only seems like Avery is kicking our ass right now because Howland's big splash came right away in recruiting as he filled up the available roster spots right away and now we have basically had a full roster for almost two years. There's only one spot open on the roster to sign anyone so we are stuck in this gap in time till players graduate and that isn't a bad thing. Enjoy having a full roster full of 4* players that are getting better by the day. Huge turnover every year isn't really a good thing.
    I guess in the next couple of years we will see a head to head battle with Alabama for a number of recruits. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be surprised.