Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sec basketball bad news

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    He's getting better players. Did you miss them kicking our ass three times last year?
    So are we discussing the players Avery Johnson has brought in, or the players who were there when each coach arrived?

Because those are two different discussions. He has not brought in better players overall in the 2016/2017 recruiting classes.

vCash
    I guess in the next couple of years we will see a head to head battle with Alabama for a number of recruits. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be surprised.
    We're getting Woodard. The only other battle I can think of is for the kid in Mountain Brook which Avery has a better advantage there. They are not kicking our ass though. If Sexton is as good as you guys make him out to be, they will only have him one year anyway.

That New Coach - That's better than the Old Coach
    vCash
    He's getting better players. Did you miss them kicking our ass three times last year?
    He did beat us last year 3x but to say he's outrecruiting Howland just isn't true. They both came in during the 2015 class. Totals here

Howland - 1 5* 9 4* 3 3*

Johnson - 1 5* 4 4* 5 3*

Now we'll see in the next few years who has the better program but let's not act like Avery inherited a dumpster fire. Anthony Grant was there 6 season. 5 winnings seasons, 4 post season appearances (1 NCAA 3 NIT).

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Didnt they just get Tevin Mack transfer from Texas?

Banned
    vCash
    Avery has kicked Howland's ass on the court and with getting quality transfers but Howland has beaten him slightly in recruiting high school players. Avery's situation wasn't near the dumpster fire that Ray left Howland with tho too. It is time for Howland to make a significant jump in wins and losses. I want postseason this year. No excuses.

Banned
    vCash
    If were going to be in that discussion, we better step in up. As good of a recruiter Howland and Co. are, Avery Johnson is kicking Howlands ass right now.
    I wasn't referring to going after the same players. If I am a salesman and my territory is the SE and you're a salesman and your territory is MW and I sell more, I am kicking your ass in sales. You think the boss is going to say, "Well you had more sales but you weren't selling head to head so it don't matter."
    I guess in the next couple of years we will see a head to head battle with Alabama for a number of recruits. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be surprised.
    Didnt they just get Tevin Mack transfer from Texas?
    The troll is out in full force today, musta drank some strong coffee this morning, putting in overtime

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    The troll is out in full force today, musta drank some strong coffee this morning, putting in overtime
    GD man are you obsessed with me? And you're calling me a troll? Do you even have a job? You are the one starting shit with me and based on my reputation point comments, and pm's in response to the thread yesterday, I am far from being alone in those who don't like you too well.
    Last edited by Dawg-gone-dawgs; 05-24-2017 at 12:53 PM.