Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome aboard Mayden!!!

vCash
    Just got done watching Mayden's video & he's pretty damn good but he's a difficult QB to find a good comparison for because the pool of left handed, dual threat, black QBs is so limited & no..... he's not Michael Vick.

After watching his video, I see a lot of Marcus Mariota in him. He's a left handed Mariota.

Has plenty of speed to take off & run, but shows an advanced pocket awareness. In his most recent video, he shows some side steps & shuffles in the pocket that are indicative of a QB that has been well coached & has natural instincts within the pocket.

When evaluating a player, I often ask two questions:

1. What can he do? Mayden can do everything. He can run, throw, scramble, & buy time in the pocket. However, I wouldn't say he currently does any 1 thing at an elite level.

2. What can't do? Off the video, I'm not sure what he can't do yet. I look forward to seeing him play in the Fall & seeing his failures instead of just highlights.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3715190/jalen-mayden
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-23-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Hold on wait!!! Did we just land a top rated QB with national offers from the state of Texas. Things have surely changed. Things are looking up. Hail State!
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

Banned
    vCash
    Quarterback U!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    Ten years ago (2007) our roster was Michael Henig, Josh Riddell, and Wes Carroll.
    Yikes!!! Damn, man! Don't sneak up from behind and scare the hell out of us like that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You say that but the recruit qb hasn't been true. He has been able to EVALUATE qb's. The only 2 qb's he's recruited that were highly or half way highly recruited were Thompson and mayden. And that's not a knock. Just a fact. The evaluating part is the most important anyway.
    Not only the evaluation of talent but then being able to develop it. what's happening the last two years in QB recruiting are a direct result of that.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Damn. What's Relf up to these days? I will always love me some Relf. Hope he's enjoying life.
    Me too. I would love to meet him and shake his hand. He may not have had the talent these guys have, but he gave it his all. Mullen got the most out of him.

It truly is amazing the talent Mullen has been able to bring in. Of course Dak is paying huge dividends. Now if he could just get the OL going along with recruiting a few more top WR's. Slow going but maybe......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by State82 View Post
    Yikes!!! Damn, man! Don't sneak up from behind and scare the hell out of us like that!
    +1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Has plenty of speed to take off & run, but shows an advanced pocket awareness. In his most recent video, he shows some side steps & shuffles in the pocket that are indicative of a QB that has been well coached & has natural instincts within the pocket.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/3715190/jalen-mayden
    I agree. He also stood firm when the pocket was collapsing to complete last second passes just before getting hit.

vCash
    Paul switched his cloudy crystal ball back to State for Bohanon yesterday, FWIW. We're back to 100% on him. Any word on when he will reschedule his decision?