Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ninja doing work?

vCash
    I saw on Twitter that Goff cut some players and pulled some scholarships. So, obviously there are going to be some pissed off players and parents. After how Byrne handled Cohen in 2009-2010 I'm pretty sure he's going to let Goff do his thing. Because that's where Alabama is at the moment. Goff will probably raid the JUCO's for players which is what he did at La Tech and he got them pretty good pretty quickly.

Alabama being good is more challenging for us- but it hurts Ole Miss just as much if not more. Ole Miss rose not just because we hired Polk- Alabama and Auburn were pretty strong programs in the 1990's and they declined about the same time Ole Miss hired Bianco. And LSU had Smoke Laval at that time as well.

vCash
    I said the same thing about it being his first year and him being a good coach that has won everywhere he's been. I was told that the 2017 class didn't buy into him and took the lead of the upper classmen this season. Was told that many aren't happy the way the 2018 recruiting class is shaping up. Last thing that was mentioned was Goff has let it be known that former players aren't welcome back and that this is a new era and it's his era.

Found all of this odd and the complete opposite of how I've found Goff to be. I've set down to two meals with Goff, granted they were 10 yrs ago and things/people change, but I never got the impression of him that I heard today. I like Goff and hope he succeeds but what I heard today came from a close friend of a former player.

We'll see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheIttaBenaHotSun View Post
    I said the same thing about it being his first year and him being a good coach that has won everywhere he's been. I was told that the 2017 class didn't buy into him and took the lead of the upper classmen this season. Was told that many aren't happy the way the 2018 recruiting class is shaping up. Last thing that was mentioned was Goff has let it be known that former players aren't welcome back and that this is a new era and it's his era.

Found all of this odd and the complete opposite of how I've found Goff to be. I've set down to two meals with Goff, granted they were 10 yrs ago and things/people change, but I never got the impression of him that I heard today. I like Goff and hope he succeeds but what I heard today came from a close friend of a former player.

We'll see
    Goff just tried to cut 10 scholarship players this week. He has burned bridges with former players, spurned baseball boosters and the money men that donate, has been all but banned by several HS coaches in the state, and raised eyebrows with how he administered the funds for the program.
    Last edited by LockeDawg; 05-24-2017 at 11:38 AM.

vCash
    Goff is out per multiple reliable Twitter reports.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post
    Goff just tried to cut 10 scholarship players this week. He has burned bridges with former players, spurned baseball boosters and the money men that donate, has been all but banned by several HS coaches in the state, and raised eyebrows with how he administered the funds for the program.
    Could happen to a better bunch, I love the whole salted earth strategy for tearing down the program. Was he secretly an Auburn fan?

vCash
    I think Scott Berry would be a good hire for Bama. Knows the recruiting area well and has done a good job at Usm.