Thanks guys. I've been out now 5 or 6 times and I'm hooked. Nothing better than coming in with a load of specs for supper.

Price isn't a huge issue, but I doubt I'm going for the $3,500 rig right off the bat. Whatever I buy will get used, may not be on the marsh as much but in the swamp and my local spots for sure. I'm looking at the KC, a Cabela's version, and a couple others but plan to check out the others that y'all have listed. I've been in a few cheap versions and I think stability is going to be my number one goal. I plan to use it for wood duck shoots in my swamp too, plus I'm looking for something I could stand up in every now and then. Got into the fly fishing a few years back and plan to try some of that when conditions are right.

We launch near Ft. Pike and run across the lake to the marsh, not sure I'd want to try that in a yak though. Once you guys launch, let's just say in BSL, how far is it from where you launch to where you fish? Keep in mind my experience is all marsh, so that's what's in my mind but my goal is to catch reds, and specs (mainly specs).