Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bear Football Players Have A Real Dilemma Quickly Approaching

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Mimi has to be Sevendust
    Sevendust??????

Just stating the facts as I know them..... Hurry Up... NCAA and the NOA... I want to see the names....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Mimi has to be Sevendust
    I've suspected that as well...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Technetium View Post
    I've suspected that as well...
    I keep hearing sevin dust is good, seven dust is bad, sevin dust is a must, sevin dust is ... Sevin dust is extremely effective and it's also a pesticide with unknown consequences.....

vCash
    I'm not sure why some seam to think that the players can't go anywhere because they took gifts? Y'all think ole miss is going to turn them in because they took the money and ran??? Makes no sense. The players have them by the balls. If ole miss rats them out THEN the get the death penalty. The players own them. They will leave or not leave because they choose too, not because ole miss holds some power over them. Now, the players might like their current set up and choose to stay. And why not if they have a good monthly stipend coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not sure why some seam to think that the players can't go anywhere because they took gifts? Y'all think ole miss is going to turn them in because they took the money and ran??? Makes no sense. The players have them by the balls. If ole miss rats them out THEN the get the death penalty. The players own them. They will leave or not leave because they choose too, not because ole miss holds some power over them. Now, the players might like their current set up and choose to stay. And why not if they have a good monthly stipend coming.
    Did the NCAA offer current OM players immunity?

Because if not, then there will be some penalties handed down to various players that accepted impermissible benefits from OM. If the players lied to the NCAA, then the penalties will be severe, rendering them incapable of transferring.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    For a moment, put yourself in a Bear football player's new car.
    That's funny right there I don't care who you are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeDawg View Post

Because if not, then there will be some penalties handed down to various players that accepted impermissible benefits from OM. If the players lied to the NCAA, then the penalties will be severe, rendering them incapable of transferring.
    If they have current players involved that's correct. But the vast majority of the ones there won't be implicated.

Senior Member Lumpy Chucklelips's Avatar
    vCash
    To turn this around a little from what does the player do....

What does the booster(s) do? If they have made an agreement with a player, and is currently in the middle of that agreement, does he complete the agreement or cut it off? Especially the ones that will be named in the NOA. And you would have to think the ones not caught or named will, or have already thought to themselves whether they should keep committing the violation or ending it.

If they continue, they run the risk of getting caught "again" and really screwing the pooch, and if they end it....well, you can only imagine what would happen then.

So, what do you do Mr. Cheater?

vCash
    I won't lie, I'm eager to see the names released. I imagine the perpetrators know that they're about to have their names broadcast to the country.....can't be a comfortable feeling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    To turn this around a little from what does the player do....

What does the booster(s) do? If they have made an agreement with a player, and is currently in the middle of that agreement, does he complete the agreement or cut it off? Especially the ones that will be named in the NOA. And you would have to think the ones not caught or named will, or have already thought to themselves whether they should keep committing the violation or ending it.

If they continue, they run the risk of getting caught "again" and really screwing the pooch, and if they end it....well, you can only imagine what would happen then.

So, what do you do Mr. Cheater?
    They haven't quit yet. And a TON of stuff that goes on hasn't been caught and nor will it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    They haven't quit yet. And a TON of stuff that goes on hasn't been caught and nor will it.
    There is "NEW" stuff for the 2018 recruits/signing class already..... OM did NOT stop recruiting violations when they were handed the NOA in May 2016 NOR the 'add-on' in February 2017... They REFUSE to stop..... I NOW have names that are involved in my area... Boosters that stand to lose MUCH.....

vCash

Yes, there were players that signed with other colleges that were offered immunity -- so to be FAIR, yes, there are players at OM who were offered the same... Some LIED to the NCAA and so did the parents. So what happens to those who lied????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    Yes, there were players that signed with other colleges that were offered immunity -- so to be FAIR, yes, there are players at OM who were offered the same... Some LIED to the NCAA and so did the parents. So what happens to those who lied????
    That's what I'm getting at.....there are definitely current players on the OM roster that accepted impermissible benefits. They should have to serve their own individual punishment for accepting the benefits and lying to the NCAA. They will not be allowed to transfer to another program unimpeded and granted immediate playing time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimi's Babies View Post
    There is "NEW" stuff for the 2018 recruits/signing class already..... OM did NOT stop recruiting violations when they were handed the NOA in May 2016 NOR the 'add-on' in February 2017... They REFUSE to stop..... I NOW have names that are involved in my area... Boosters that stand to lose MUCH.....
    Perhaps you should forward these to Rosebowl. He seems to be the most effective at getting things out there without repercussions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Chucklelips View Post
    Will the NCAA have made that decision in time for them to be able to play this fall for a new team? If not, I think that will be the dilemma that the player will face. Do I take a chance that the NCAA doesn't make a ruling before the season starts?
    If it is a two year Bowl ban...Current Jrs will be able to transfer after the season. USC was handed down a two year Bowl ban in June and their Jrs were able to transfer after the season. So much less if penalties are handed down during a season.

By them being handed down during the season...the current Jrs will have to make a decision. Once that decision has to be made they will only have one more year and some will decide to stick it out. Had a two year Bowl ban come out...say now, you would see more transfers than now that they delayed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    Perhaps you should forward these to Rosebowl. He seems to be the most effective at getting things out there without repercussions.
    One step ahead..... Stuff has been reported... to NCAA..... Thanks

The bowl ban that OM imposed on themselves is just that SELF-imposed. The question is "Will the NCAA take the ban at it value or hang OM" I believe we will have a hanging of the ATH program....

I had someone ask me -- because they heard someone talking.... Can OM "BARTER" with the NCAA... If OM fires HF.... Don't think so this time....
    Last edited by Mimi's Babies; 05-23-2017 at 11:45 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    So OM goes into mutually assured destruction practices? Blackmail that only highlights further cheating?
    They might silence some people like Alabama did with Logan Young

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Falling UP the stairs, is never good...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    Alabama had one booster to silence though.

If OM tried to silence their crew the authorities would think they had a serial killer on their hands in Mississippi. Seriously, when up to a 10 boosters + employees within the Athletic Department were all intimately involved in this systematic cheating scheme, it would be very difficult to silence damn near 2 dozen folks. I know lettuce is cheap, but there are only so many deaths blamed on salads & falling UP stairs.

vCash
    That's what I'm getting at.....there are definitely current players on the OM roster that accepted impermissible benefits. They should have to serve their own individual punishment for accepting the benefits and lying to the NCAA. They will not be allowed to transfer to another program unimpeded and granted immediate playing time.
    Sure there are... And a few, and I mean very few will get caught. And it will all be minor. The major stuff is w people no longer there or went other places. The peopl who went there aren't going to admit anything. That would be stupid. So back to my origami point, almost all will be eligible to transfer. Some will but that number remains to be seenn