Thread: Gridley 1st team All-SEC SS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Robertson- 32nd round.

Freeman- 18th round.

I think Gridley will go between round 12-20. All it takes is one scout to like you though.
    So what round you think gridley stays or goes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    So what round you think gridley stays or goes?
    If he gets 12th or higher I think he would probably go. Anything after that it's up to Cann.

vCash
    If he gets 12th or higher I think he would probably go. Anything after that it's up to Cann.
    It's not about where you're drafted, it's about what you're offered. Look at Kruger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It's not about where you're drafted, it's about what you're offered. Look at Kruger.
    The signing bonus is fool's gold unless it's something like $750k or higher. Depending on Kruger's home and family situation, he probably benefitted more by coming back and having a great season this year and getting drafted in the top 10 rounds with a better trajectory to getting to the league. Getting to the MLB obviously is where you really make life changing money.

vCash
    Yep, Kruger got as big a signing bonus as he was going to even if he came back and was drafted in the top 10 rounds. Glad for him and hopefully he can finish his degree online or something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Yep, Kruger got as big a signing bonus as he was going to even if he came back and was drafted in the top 10 rounds. Glad for him and hopefully he can finish his degree online or something.
    Ask Rooker if he made the right decision. I know Rooker had more leverage but unless Kruger's family situation dictated he take the money he would have benefited tremendously under Cann's tutelage.

vCash
    Depends on the player. I don't believe MLB always offers our guys more money than LSU's. Cann having a reputation of keeping players may cause MLB to not go after our players quite as much as well.

vCash
    Depends on the player. I don't believe MLB always offers our guys more money than LSU's. Cann having a reputation of keeping players may cause MLB to not go after our players quite as much as well.
    Agreed Todd. Cann's reputation for developing hitters and his scouting connections will help us out tremendously in judging who we can get and keep on campus. Helping develop players like Bregman and Rooker will only help our cause. Bregman credits Cann with his hitting development.

vCash
    I don't think it has anything to do with the school. But the examples are all pulled from last year, and there was definitely a difference last year. Cann isn't talking anyone out of $400,000, no matter where they're drafted.

vCash
    I don't think it has anything to do with the school. But the examples are all pulled from last year, and there was definitely a difference last year. Cann isn't talking anyone out of $400,000, no matter where they're drafted.
    Freeman turned down $300k
    Robertson turned down $250k

Next question?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post

Next question?
    Where did you get those numbers?

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post

Next question?
    Neither of those is $400k. Shitload of difference between $400k and $300k. What is your point?