Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gridley 1st team All-SEC SS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Grid can't play SS for us. And no way he can hit 3 hole. Ludicrous
    Lol... I was first to admit I was wrong. How did "Cann has the lsu series circled" work out?

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Lol... I was first to admit I was wrong. How did "Cann has the lsu series circled" work out?
    Being circled and super motivated is totally different than saying this guy can't play SS or hit 3 hole because he isn't good enough. Cann having it circled couldn't make pitchers throw strikes.

Don't try to distract from the fact I was beating you down on the subject early in the season for the exact reason that we've seen happen. I was waiting for you to snap that weasel neck out of your hole. Hahahahahahahaha I SEEN IT!!!!!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    LA should be our shortstop

vCash
    Being circled and super motivated is totally different than saying this guy can't play SS or hit 3 hole because he isn't good enough. Cann having it circled couldn't make pitchers throw strikes.

Don't try to distract from the fact I was beating you down on the subject early in the season for the exact reason that we've seen happen. I was waiting for you to snap that weasel neck out of your hole. Hahahahahahahaha I SEEN IT!!!!!
    Well if you're gonna rub it in, at least get it right... I said Alexander was the better SS. Never said Alexander was a better hitter, SS only. Gridley vastly surpassed what I thought he would hit though... glad I was wrong bc it benefited miss state

vCash
    Great for Gridley! It really depends on where he is drafted if he comes back. I could see him coming back if he is drafted between rounds 28-32 like Robertson from LSU last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    He loses leverage after this year. So even if he came back next season and got drafted 5 rounds higher than he would this season, he would sign for less money than he would this season.
    Kramer Robertson doesn't agree with this. Similar player to Gridley that Cann was able to get to come back for his senior year. I think Gridley could be Cann's first test as far as getting guys to come back if he is drafted where I think he will be.

Cole Freeman is another player similar to Gridley that Cann was able to get to come back as well.

vCash
    I think him and Mangum will be back

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well if you're gonna rub it in, at least get it right... I said Alexander was the better SS. Never said Alexander was a better hitter, SS only. Gridley vastly surpassed what I thought he would hit though... glad I was wrong bc it benefited miss state
    Oh I think I've shown all along I'm right. And oh yeah I'm rubbing it in. Shouldn't argue with me about baseball so damn much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Kramer Robertson doesn't agree with this. Similar player to Gridley that Cann was able to get to come back for his senior year. I think Gridley could be Cann's first test as far as getting guys to come back if he is drafted where I think he will be.

Cole Freeman is another player similar to Gridley that Cann was able to get to come back as well.
    Where were they drafted? I bet both get around 5k as a signing bonus this year

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    They also won't be pro baseball players very long. They should have come back and enjoyed their senior years.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Wooooooooooooooooooo! Hahahahahahahaha

vCash
    They also won't be pro baseball players very long. They should have come back and enjoyed their senior years.
    That's true. Do you group gridley in that same group?

vCash
    I think Gridley leaves but Mangum returns. That's just a gut feeling, but I did eat Tex-mex for lunch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Schmedlap View Post
    I think Gridley leaves but Mangum returns. That's just a gut feeling, but I did eat Tex-mex for lunch.
    I think mangum has the most to gain. I think with some fine tuning to his approach and better base stealing, he projects much better to MLB and could be a relatively high pick

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    That's true. Do you group gridley in that same group?
    I would

vCash
    Robertson- 32nd round.

Freeman- 18th round.

I think Gridley will go between round 12-20. All it takes is one scout to like you though.

vCash
    I would
    I agree. Hopefully he surprises me... again haha

vCash
    Robertson- 32nd round.

Freeman- 18th round.

I think Gridley will go between round 12-20. All it takes is one scout to like you though.
    So what round you think gridley stays or goes?

vCash
    So what round you think gridley stays or goes?
    If he gets 12th or higher I think he would probably go. Anything after that it's up to Cann.

vCash

I'm not an expert on the subject. I feel like I remember the signing bonuses for players like Graveman and Girodo, who were seniors drafted in the 8th and 9th round, were a fraction of the signing bonuses for juniors and HS players drafted around them and many rounds after them.

I also feel like our lack of scholarships compared to the likes of LSU, Vandy, etc hurts us on this end of the process as well. It probably makes it slightly easier to sell coming back another year if the player has more scholarship money, but I also know that we have pulled juniors' scholarship money that were all but certain to be drafted at the end of the season so that we could give them to incoming players. Which shuts the door on them coming back even if they had a mediocre junior season.