Thread: Gridley 1st team All-SEC SS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We just disagree on this. The odds of any player making the show are poor. I think if a team is willing to pay you 6 figures as a college junior, you should take it if you wanna try to play MLB bc you get peanuts as a senior
    I just think Cohen's approach was piss poor in A) getting more of his recruits here, B) developing players so we get three years instead of just the one year, and C) talking some of the tweener players into coming back for their senior years. Our fans adopted this philosophy that you can't do those things well at poor ol MSU since Cohen did so shittily at it. It's precisely why we could never become extremely consistent and why we would have great years followed by poor years. I personally think this is where Cann will excel and will get us that consistency that we have been wanting for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I just think Cohen's approach was piss poor in A) getting more of his recruits here, B) developing players so we get three years instead of just the one year, and C) talking some of the tweener players into coming back for their senior years. Our fans adopted this philosophy that you can't do those things well at poor ol MSU since Cohen did so shittily at it. It's precisely why we could never become extremely consistent and why we would have great years followed by poor years. I personally think this is where Cann will excel and will get us that consistency that we have been wanting for a long time.
    It's not just at State that those things don't happen. They don't happen with regularity anywhere.

Cann may excel in those, but if he does, it means he's the outlier, not Cohen. And if so, we're going to dominate college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    It's not just at State that those things don't happen. They don't happen with regularity anywhere.

Cann may excel in those, but if he does, it means he's the outlier, not Cohen. And if so, we're going to dominate college baseball.
    Which is where we should be. Dominating college baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Which is where we should be. Dominating college baseball.
    I'm all for it. Just hope we're not setting expectations too high.

vCash
    I'm all for it. Just hope we're not setting expectations too high.
    I pretty much laid out what the reasonable expectations are in this thread. 1-12 not likely, 12-20 around 50% chance and 21-40 most likely coming back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I pretty much laid out what the reasonable expectations are in this thread. 1-12 not likely, 12-20 around 50% chance and 21-40 most likely coming back.
    I was talking in general about Cann and his ability to get top draft picks and college juniors to come to State.

And I think Marketing would disagree with you on 12-20 being a 50/50 shot. I would generally agree, though I would lean to under 50%.

vCash
    I was talking in general about Cann and his ability to get top draft picks and college juniors to come to State.

And I think Marketing would disagree with you on 12-20 being a 50/50 shot. I would generally agree, though I would lean to under 50%.
    We've been so bad at retention I think it skews the perception of what would be normal. If people are expecting Cann to keep Dakota Hudson and Brent Rooker then they're going to be disappointed. Of they're expecting to keep Gridley then the expectations are reasonable.