Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegas sets our regular season win total at 5.5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Covercorner2 View Post
    . When you evaluate matchups, you have to look at the other team's personnel, not just State's.
    And thats what I do

LSU has a game manager QB
    LSU has the best TB in the SEC
    LSU returns one of the SEC's best OL's
    LSU is switching to the 3-4... defense that gives Mullen trouble
    LSU has the SEC's best DC- other than Saban
    LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.

Would be extremely surprising for us to beat them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    And thats what I do

LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.

I've heard they have question marks at dl and inside backers. Worried about the run. This is from Lsu people and I haven't looked so don't know if true

vCash
    We're not beating LSU.

They will smother our WR's and bottle Fitz. Will be another frustrating loss to them
    I think assuming lsu is going to be decent on offense is a stretch. Plus, our defense is going to win us games we lost last year. Now, I don't think we'll score enough to stay with bama , Uga or auburn, but I think the rest are offenses we can handle.

I think fitz will be very fortunate to be as effective running this year considering teams will cut that off just like they did in 2015 to Dak.

Difference will be our defense. I just have a feeling Grantham is going to bring us back to the Msu we once knew. Offense will certainly tough to watch at times.

vCash
    we would easily be 3-0 vs LSU last 3 years featuring Aeris, not Holloway. We beat LSU in 2014 due to jrob. Our ol will be better this year than 2014. This will be ******* most talented team and deepest Rb rotation. Only question is if granthAm has it in him to stop guice. These Dbs we have should better unlike smokey.

Does LSU have any WRs?

Only question I have about LSU is if O let's Arden key play despite quitting so didn't have to spring practice. That should go over well in the locker room

I actually now think granthAm can gameplan to takeaway Guice. Didn't think so initiAlly but liking more of granthAm.

vCash
    And like year after year- LSU is going to beat us. Everybody will be pissed off, I'll say I told you so, and the usual "RP cares more about being right than supporting MSU" will surface. Lather, rinse, repeat

Let's don't forget- my buddy C34 called us beating LSU in 2014. We don't have the OL or WR's to beat them in 2017.
    I think a lot of people thought we would win that one. Im not predicting us to beat them yet but we have a shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    we would easily be 3-0 vs LSU last 3 years featuring Aeris, not Holloway. We beat LSU in 2014 due to jrob. Our ol will be better this year than 2014. This will be ******* most talented team and deepest Rb rotation. Only question is if granthAm has it in him to stop guice. These Dbs we have should better unlike smokey.

Does LSU have any WRs?

Only question I have about LSU is if O let's Arden key play despite quitting so didn't have to spring practice. That should go over well in the locker room

I actually now think granthAm can gameplan to takeaway Guice. Didn't think so initiAlly but liking more of granthAm.
    Our 2014 OL started really well then crumbled down the stretch. Lets hope this one can block OM better than that one did.

Our defense will be better has a chance to be really good but we will see. LSU is going to be able to run the ball and they're going to have WRs. But I do agree, if you stop Guice you probably beat them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by justwin View Post
    Our ol will be better this year than 2014.
    No its not. We will have one starter that hasnt played a down of college football and a Center that hasnt played one down pf college football at the Center position.

As far as our D- we will be improved. Some people around here are acting like we are going to be a top 20 D this year now- and that just isnt so. LSU has a new OC- a very good one. We arent preparing for Miles HS offense anymore. LSU is going to be running RPO's and all kinds of stuff- not just straight handoffs out of the I-formation. They are moving to being a Spread team now.

vCash
    No its not. We will have one starter that hasnt played a down of college football and a Center that hasnt played one down pf college football at the Center position.

As far as our D- we will be improved. Some people around here are acting like we are going to be a top 20 D this year now- and that just isnt so. LSU has a new OC- a very good one. We arent preparing for Miles HS offense anymore. LSU is going to be running RPO's and all kinds of stuff- not just straight handoffs out of the I-formation. They are moving to being a Spread team now.
    Justin Senior was RSOPH at RT in 14 with very little experience and we had a w/o at guard and a project at LT. so talent wise I would say we are more talented than the 14 OL but with less experience.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Justin Senior was RSOPH at RT in 14 with very little experience and we had a w/o at guard and a project at LT. so talent wise I would say we are more talented than the 14 OL but with less experience.
    Senior had a start under his belt and played in 10 games before 2014. Reese hasn't played one snap but will have to start
    That Walk-On made All-American.
    Project at LT? That "project" was starting for the 4th season in a row and is now a Carolina Panther

Experience is a big key to having a good OL. We don't have that this season and it's going to cost us early on. It takes an OL time to gel when it has 3 or more new parts.

vCash
    Senior had a start under his belt and played in 10 games before 2014. Reese hasn't played one snap but will have to start
    That Walk-On made All-American.
    Project at LT? That "project" was starting for the 4th season in a row and is now a Carolina Panther

Experience is a big key to having a good OL. We don't have that this season and it's going to cost us early on. It takes an OL time to gel when it has 3 or more new parts.
    LSU returns as many starters on the OL as State does. Again, stressing how much State does not have and is losing, yet ignoring the same variables with LSU.

vCash
    And thats what I do

LSU has a game manager QB- State has a game changer at QB
    LSU has the best TB in the SEC- Aeris Williams is no slouch
    LSU returns one of the SEC's best OL's- LSU returns as much on the OL as State, as loses arguably its most versatile and best OL in Pocic
    LSU is switching to the 3-4... defense that gives Mullen trouble- I guess the defense won't need time to "gel" or adjust or anything....
    LSU has the SEC's best DC- other than Saban- You have a point there, but you could easily make an argument LSU's defense will regress given what they lost and the transition to a 3-4, while State undoubtedly will be better
    LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.- You could say the same thing about State (Simmons, Lewis)

vCash
    LSU returns as many starters on the OL as State does. Again, stressing how much State does not have and is losing, yet ignoring the same variables with LSU.
    What am I missing? LSU returns 3 starters while we return 2.

vCash
    LSU has a game manager QB- State has a game changer at QB
    LSU has the best TB in the SEC- Aeris Williams is no slouch
    LSU returns one of the SEC's best OL's- LSU returns as much on the OL as State, as loses arguably its most versatile and best OL in Pocic
    LSU is switching to the 3-4... defense that gives Mullen trouble- I guess the defense won't need time to "gel" or adjust or anything....
    LSU has the SEC's best DC- other than Saban- You have a point there, but you could easily make an argument LSU's defense will regress given what they lost and the transition to a 3-4, while State undoubtedly will be better
    LSU's talent on D is very damn good. They have at least 2 All-SEC defensive players- if not 3.- You could say the same thing about State (Simmons, Lewis)
    Fitz struggled in the bowl game vs Nobody U and then threw 4 picks in the Spring Game- 1 for a defensive TD. He is a good player- but still has work to do.

LSU made the change to the 3-4 before their bowl game last season. So they have had extra time doing so. They looked pretty good in it in their bowl game.

As I've said- we will certainly be improved on D. We have struggled mightily vs LSU the last 2 years offensively. Don't be surprised if it's more of the same this Fall

Banned
    vCash
    and then threw 4 picks in the Spring Game- 1 for a defensive TD.
    you know you're reaching for any shade you can find when you are pulling out spring game stats while ignoring that Fitzgerald led the entire nation in offense the last 8 games of the season. Your thirst to shit on MSU and jackoff LSU is impressive.

vCash
    What am I missing? LSU returns 3 starters while we return 2.
    State lost Clayborn and Senior. Returns Rankin, Calhoun, and Jenkins.

vCash
    State lost Clayborn and Senior. Returns Rankin, Calhoun, and Jenkins.
    Devon Desper started 13 games last season- that makes 3 starters lost

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    you know you're reaching for any shade you can find when you are pulling out spring game stats while ignoring that Fitzgerald led the entire nation in offense the last 8 games of the season. Your thirst to shit on MSU and jackoff LSU is impressive.
    All I did was speak the truth. We played some bad defenses in the last half of the season like OM, UPig, and A&M. Kentucky, and Samford. Lots of struggling against he only decent D's we played in Bama and Miami of Ohio

I look for Fitz to be pretty good- but have tempered expectations with our tough schedule and improved SEC

vCash
    And Jenkins, Rankin, and Calhoun started games last season- that makes 3 starters returning.

Point is not much difference in State and LSU's OL situation, especially when you evaluate using the most important thing you highlighted earlier in this thread- experience.

vCash
    Rankin started the last 10 games of the year, Calhoun started 9 games, and Jenkins started 5 including the last two by which time he was entriched as a starter. That makes 3 returning starters.

vCash
    To say we don't have much of a chance is silly. Lots of stuff can happen between now and then. And there's nothing about LSU that is overly frightening anymore. Ed Orgeron is their coach, their QB is not a game changer, they lose a bunch of talent defensively, and the game is in Starkville. We get them early in the season.

I'm not predicting a win, but it's too early to call the game unwinnable, too. We definitely have a shot against them, and we've played them pretty well the last three years.