Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Dude questions.

vCash

New Dude questions.

I've heard that the bottom rows of the current grandstand are going to remain. So my first question is, are they going to add more rows to those lower level chairbacks? Because there are several more rows on that level in the original renderings. If not then is the capacity going to be fewer than originally planned? Just currious as to how this is going to work? Also, I don't remember seeing any plans for the locker rooms or player lounges. Are they getting a total renovation too? Because they really need it.

vCash
    There will be total demolition so everything will be new.

vCash
    What changes do we expect from what was shown in the rendering?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    There will be total demolition so everything will be new.
    I don't think that's correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    What changes do we expect from what was shown in the rendering?
    There are a good many changes from rendering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    I don't think that's correct.
    this.

vCash
    My big concern is sight lines. As discussed over and over, they currently suck. If they are leaving rows in place, are they going to be able to correct the sight lines? Oh, and **** loafers for rolling out an unobtainable project.

vCash
    A poster on another message board posted the rendering of what was put out for bid and here are the differences between what was released initially and what was bid.

Initial rendering:

Put out for bid:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post
    A poster on another message board posted the rendering of what was put out for bid and here are the differences between what was released initially and what was bid.
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference other than no spectators in the seats. No lofts, and looks like no seats in right field.

$55M seems like a lot for what we're getting, but what do I know ... I've only been to one game in the stadium.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of difference other than no spectators in the seats. No lofts, and looks like no seats in right field.

$55M seems like a lot for what we're getting, but what do I know ... I've only been to one game in the stadium.
    We're keeping the sightlines of the current grandstand.

Nothing official but I heard last night that the university has agreed to go ahead with the sprinkler system in the LFL storage areas. That is/was a hang-up with the fire marshal on having storage in the units built by the university.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    My big concern is sight lines. As discussed over and over, they currently suck. If they are leaving rows in place, are they going to be able to correct the sight lines? Oh, and **** loafers for rolling out an unobtainable project.
    The way I understand it and I could be mistaken- they're keeping the first four rows of the current grandstand. Or basically what are the current box seats. And then they are building some seats in front of the those existing seats in some of the sections. My guess based on the renderings is that they are going to put some seats down to dugout level closer to field level as an example which is currently not the case in the existing grandstand.

If you look at our current grandstand the box seats are at a different angle than most of the seats in the grandstand. I guess what they will do is demolish the seats behind the box seats and then build everything in line with the angle of the current box seats.

I'm not sure why we're doing that. My guess is cost or more than likely people that sit in those seats bitching. I can't imagine that it would be cheaper to keep those seats vs. just demolishing them but I've also never built a baseball field. Thanks Madison County.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelner34 View Post

Initial rendering:

Put out for bid:
    So are we getting the lofts and RF seats or no? everything else looks the same pretty much

vCash
    We've cut the budget so badly that the new stadium will only be in black and white!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    We've cut the budget so badly that the new stadium will only be in black and white!
    That's the funniest thing I've read all week....other than maybe rp' s trophies talk

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyshotmypaw View Post
    WIN!

eta: Once demolition and the new footprint is complete, I may try to go by each week and post some photos when structure starts going up on the grandstand and the LFL.
    Last edited by Mjoelner34; 05-21-2017 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    So are we getting the lofts and RF seats or no? everything else looks the same pretty much
    I think Cohen gave the lofts new life (thank God). Initially I believe they were going to be scrapped but now we'll still get them, just a little later.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BossDawg View Post
    I think Cohen gave the lofts new life (thank God). Initially I believe they were going to be scrapped but now we'll still get them, just a little later.
    Lofts are dead....in that they don't have near enough to make them a go. They "say" they will be built later. Don't hold your breath.

vCash
    I think we are ****ing up. Needed more chairback seats down the line. The "out for bid" rendering doesnt even look like much of an improvement from what we already have

vCash
    Personally, I'd rather us wait a year or two, raise more $, and do it right

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Personally, I'd rather us wait a year or two, raise more $, and do it right
    I hope so to. I heard the Lofts were a separate project. It sort of reminds me of when the Cardinals put out plans for Busch Stadium III which had Ballpark Village with them but it didn't happen until 10 years or so later.