Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you want to get fired up about the future

vCash

If you want to get fired up about the future

Watch Cann's post game interview from tonight.

He talked about how LSU was built to win the SEC and then he says "we're going to build that here too."

Edit to say- based on the interview I think he wants to kick Georgia's ass badly on Tuesday.

vCash
    It's not hard to get fired up about the future:
    - we have one of the best young coaches in the country
    -there is no way we lose 8 arms and kick 2 players off mid season again
    -we already have a solid class coming in
    -we have some solid pieces to build around for next season
    -we have a team that almost scrapped their way to an SEC title, who will be out to prove it wasn't a fluke

I think this is the beginning of a great run of MSU baseball.

Senior Member maroonwhitedawg3ddd's Avatar
    vCash
    The future is in place with this coaching staff to provide nothing but success !! It's not hard at all too see this!! Yes we're all down and upset pissed about the last 6 games but overall so far this season has be very good!! Season is not over just yet maybe this team has a run in them!! #hailstate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    -we have a team that almost scrapped their way to an SEC title, who will be out to prove it wasn't a fluke

HAILSTATE BABY! HAILSTATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post

We are also about to have the best stadium in college baseball also which will help recruiting. It just feels like we are about to take the next step.

vCash
    HAIL STATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Watch Cann's post game interview from tonight.

He talked about how LSU was built to win the SEC and then he says "we're going to build that here too."

Edit to say- based on the interview I think he wants to kick Georgia's ass badly on Tuesday.
    It was an awesome interview! Dude is a winner and he's gonna be relentless until it's the way he wants it! I mean look at what he did with half a team this year. I know the finish wasn't what everyone wanted but Cann is to be commends for having this team In position to win a title in the last series of the yeast! Future is bright'

vCash
    Just wait till we get Tyrique Reed into lineup... Batting .504 15 HR at ICC this year....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Just wait till we get Tyrique Reed into lineup... Batting .504 15 HR at ICC this year....
    He's a beast! Seen him play. Bat speed to burn and rarely strikes out!

vCash
    I'm most excited about 5 maybe 6 returning pitchers from injury. Those guys are talented and to add them to Pilk, Denver, and others makes the future alot brighter before we even add the recruiting class

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I'm most excited about 5 maybe 6 returning pitchers from injury. Those guys are talented and to add them to Pilk, Denver, and others makes the future alot brighter before we even add the recruiting class
    Most definitely got to have plenty of pitching. Getting those guys back, provided they're healthy, will make us better immediately. Be almost like having an extra class of pitchers come in.

vCash
    I'm with you. I think the lack of pitching this season will lead to huge pitching depth the next few seasons. Denver McQuary , for example, might not have 5 innings pitched this year if not for injuries...and now he's shown that he has filthy stuff, and if he can throw strikes he'll be hard to keep out of the rotation or will at least give us a Lights out midweek guy. So instead of having to break in bullpen guys...we already got experience for guys like Gordon, Barlow, Ashcraft, and even some really good signs from Parker Ford lately. Add that to Self, Price, and Rigby and you've got a lot of reliable arms and some potential starters to add to Pilk & McQuary. That's not even mentioning the injured guys returning and any instant impact newcomers.

Now let's make sure Gridley and Mangum return, and we'll at least have a core of guys that can swing it some....

Mangum
    Gridley
    Stovall
    Macnamee
    Vansau

Who is going to fill the rest of the lineup?

Skelton
    Alexander
    ?

vCash
    If we were at a 3.80 ERA vs 4.80, that's a 5-10 win difference. Couldn't agree more.

vCash
    Not trying to be a smartass but what are the odds that these pitchers return to SEC form after a devastating injury?
    Who are some examples of our pitchers we have had with serious arm/elbow injuries who have returned to be bad asses?

vCash
    Lots of guys return now to top form from TJ. It just takes 16-20 months is all. They should be ready to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Now let's make sure Gridley and Mangum return, and we'll at least have a core of guys that can swing it some....

Mangum
    Gridley
    Stovall
    Macnamee
    Vansau

Who is going to fill the rest of the lineup?

Skelton
    Alexander
    ?
    Having Gridley, Stovall, and Magnum back in the middle would be huge for next year's team.

vCash
    Lots of guys return now to top form from TJ. It just takes 16-20 months is all. They should be ready to go.
    Will be interesting.

Will likely be hit or miss. Some guys can return in 12 months and possess 100% of their former stuff, command, & feel.

Most return in 12 months with their stuff but lack the same feel or command. That usually returns in about 20 months.

For this reason, my guess is that the majority of the TJ guys will return & help our bullpen where they can use their stuff in short stints.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm with you. I think the lack of pitching this season will lead to huge pitching depth the next few seasons. Denver McQuary , for example, might not have 5 innings pitched this year if not for injuries...and now he's shown that he has filthy stuff, and if he can throw strikes he'll be hard to keep out of the rotation or will at least give us a Lights out midweek guy. So instead of having to break in bullpen guys...we already got experience for guys like Gordon, Barlow, Ashcraft, and even some really good signs from Parker Ford lately. Add that to Self, Price, and Rigby and you've got a lot of reliable arms and some potential starters to add to Pilk & McQuary. That's not even mentioning the injured guys returning and any instant impact newcomers.
    Bingo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas_Dawg View Post
    Not trying to be a smartass but what are the odds that these pitchers return to SEC form after a devastating injury?
    Who are some examples of our pitchers we have had with serious arm/elbow injuries who have returned to be bad asses?
    Even if they don't return to their prior form, if they can just throw strikes it will be a major improvement to what we saw this year.

vCash
    That really excited me a lot too. I think we would have won the SEC this year if most of those guys were healthy. You can't win the SEC with a first baseman and two outfielders getting major innings for you- and we almost did.