Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you want to get fired up about the future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Will be interesting.

Will likely be hit or miss. Some guys can return in 12 months and possess 100% of their former stuff, command, & feel.

Most return in 12 months with their stuff but lack the same feel or command. That usually returns in about 20 months.

For this reason, my guess is that the majority of the TJ guys will return & help our bullpen where they can use their stuff in short stints.
    If all they do is help our bullpen out, I'll take it.

vCash
    Tommy John surgery is not devastating. Pitchers come back everyday from it. It's Just a slow process.

vCash
    Please tell me who we have coming in that could be immediate impact players with their bats. I expect us to be better regarding pitching/bullpen, but we need some position players that can hit the ball. Edumacate me baseball guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Agree. Just don't be shocked when a few of those guys are throwing 95 and walking guys early in the year. Hopefully it's not like Woodruff's JR year.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Please tell me who we have coming in that could be immediate impact players with their bats. I expect us to be better regarding pitching/bullpen, but we need some position players that can hit the ball. Edumacate me baseball guys.
    The kid that just committed from ICC. He hit .509 to lead all JUCO batters and clubbed 15 home runs. He is a 6'1" 260 lb kid who could take over first base for Rooker too. He is a heck of an athlete and moves well also especially for his size.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    The kid that just committed from ICC. He hit .509 to lead all JUCO batters and clubbed 15 home runs. He is a 6'1" 260 lb kid who could take over first base for Rooker too. He is a heck of an athlete and moves well also especially for his size.
    This should get you excited about him as well (from 247 article):

"With 25 home runs on the docket over his two-year career, colleges from around the country have come calling for his services. Mississippi State, Kentucky, Auburn and Samford all offered and LSU was getting close before this past week.

That’s when MSU pushed the issue with the instate hitter. Will Coggin and Andy Cannizaro brought Reed in on a visit during the week a couple of weeks ago and he was on campus for the LSU series this weekend. It was there where he told Cannizaro he wanted to be a Bulldog.

“He was excited jumped up and gave me a hug and said ‘Hail State’,” Reed said of the coach’s reaction. “I know that Cannizaro is a cool guy and is a great guy to be around.”
    Last edited by MarketingBully; 05-22-2017 at 07:12 AM.

vCash
    How sure are we he gets to campus?
    Leicester Till I Die

vCash
    Thanks MB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I'm with you. I think the lack of pitching this season will lead to huge pitching depth the next few seasons. Denver McQuary , for example, might not have 5 innings pitched this year if not for injuries...and now he's shown that he has filthy stuff, and if he can throw strikes he'll be hard to keep out of the rotation or will at least give us a Lights out midweek guy. So instead of having to break in bullpen guys...we already got experience for guys like Gordon, Barlow, Ashcraft, and even some really good signs from Parker Ford lately. Add that to Self, Price, and Rigby and you've got a lot of reliable arms and some potential starters to add to Pilk & McQuary. That's not even mentioning the injured guys returning and any instant impact newcomers.

Now let's make sure Gridley and Mangum return, and we'll at least have a core of guys that can swing it some....

Mangum
    Gridley
    Stovall
    Macnamee
    Vansau

Who is going to fill the rest of the lineup?

Skelton
    Alexander
    ?
    From what i've heard, Mangum is going to come back. Hope we can get Gridley to stick around for sure.

Is Gordon going to ever do anything hitting wise? Wish we could get his big ass stroking the ball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by louisvilledawg View Post
    From what i've heard, Mangum is going to come back. Hope we can get Gridley to stick around for sure.

Is Gordon going to ever do anything hitting wise? Wish we could get his big ass stroking the ball.
    He has developed into a good pitcher with a possible summer helping develop him further. Not sure if he can hit the breaking stuff well enough to take time away from pitching.

vCash
    We need Bragg to transform into a full time player, and hopefully he develops well over the summer too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    What is this bullpen you speak of? Is that where you have more than 5 pitchers on your roster?