Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Let's salvage 1... vs lsu game 3

vCash
    Down 4 in the 9th and lsu plays a shift on Cody. Hey Cody, try to go the other way or drop a bunt to the left side.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Chill dude
    Don't even pretend that you haven't thought the same thought before in the past

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    It's not just pitching. They're better than us in literally every facet of the game. We realize it too and that's why we're so uptight out there... hesitant to swing, booting balls, just tight in general. If an Lsu player yelled boo out there, one of our players might crap himself. Lsu didn't just sweep us... they took every ounce of our confidence
    Here's a happy thought- Cann recruited most of their team. That's pretty encouraging to me. I saw one of their players taking to Cann about hitting before the game. I think that says a lot about Cann.

Obviously we would have been able to compete a lot better with an average rotation. We're pitching a first baseman a good bit of the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Here's a happy thought- Cann recruited most of their team. That's pretty encouraging to me. I saw one of their players taking to Cann about hitting before the game. I think that says a lot about Cann.

Obviously we would have been able to compete a lot better with an average rotation. We're pitching a first baseman a good bit of the time.
    Hopefully we can get some of those JUCO guys on campus next year. If so, we should be in good shape next year especially if we get that kid from ICC to campus that just signed yesterday.

vCash

None of those kids come back if not for Cann. Manieri should thank Cann for that. I think some of the questionable players we have lost in the past in the draft will come back because of Cann. Overall, I think Cann will build this program and get us where we want to go but he has made questionable rookie coaching mistakes these last two weekends. He is a rookie coach so I think he learns from this in the future.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Sometimes I just wish that God would send a meteor into the campus of LSU and destroy it forever. Don't give the Cajun cousins a home to go back too. Like literally rip it off the face of the earth and never look back
    I would prefer that meteor land in Oxford than Baton Rouge, just my opinion- everybody is entitled to their own meteor narrative

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I would prefer that meteor land in Oxford than Baton Rouge, just my opinion- everybody is entitled to their own meteor narrative
    Well since I have in laws that live in Oxford I think my wife wouldn't be too happy with me if I wished that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Agree my paycheck comes from BR. Oxford should be the target

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Activated Alpha View Post
    Don't even pretend that you haven't thought the same thought before in the past
    You got me........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Hopefully we can get some of those JUCO guys on campus next year. If so, we should be in good shape next year especially if we get that kid from ICC to campus that just signed yesterday.
    He sounds like a good prospect but ICC kids worry me because they usually don't translate well over to the SEC after they put up huge numbers there. See Tanner Poole and Andy Rice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    None of those kids come back if not for Cann. Manieri should thank Cann for that. I think some of the questionable players we have lost in the past in the draft will come back because of Cann. Overall, I think Cann will build this program and get us where we want to go but he has made questionable rookie coaching mistakes these last two weekends. He is a rookie coach so I think he learns from this in the future.
    I'm not to worried about the rookie mistakes because at least he seems to correct them pretty quickly. Like pitching Self and Price tonight. Even though that didn't work out tonight the statistics indicate it will more often than not.

It is difficult to manage with a team this short on players especially pitchers. Sometimes things are going to work out better than others- like when we played Ole Miss and other times it's going to seem like nothing is going to work like this weekend.

vCash
    He sounds like a good prospect but ICC kids worry me because they usually don't translate well over to the SEC after they put up huge numbers there. See Tanner Poole and Andy Rice.
    Yeah but I don't care what level you are, he is hitting .516 with 15 homers. I think he challenges for 1b or an outfield spot right away.