Thread: Braves

vCash

Braves

Acquire matt Adams from cardinals for cash considerations and Juan yepez. Nice trade

vCash
    That was a good pickup. He's got some pop and I like it a whole lot better than the thought of Loney.

vCash
    A they are also playing really well at the moment going for the sweep vs the nats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Acquire matt Adams from cardinals for cash considerations and Juan yepez. Nice trade
    that is a surprising "win now" trade. nice bench bat for later this year and next year. dealt a quality MI, position of strength that was likely blocked.

vCash
    I like the way this team has played without Freddie. We are still a long way from thinking about challenging for playoffs this year (I still think a couple pitching moves either via call up or trade could make us competitive enough to think about it), but you have to be happy about the core this team has. Playing hard and finding ways to win. I like what I'm seeing. Now if we can just get Teheran to figure out how to pitch at home we will be in business.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 05-21-2017 at 07:42 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I like the way this team has played without Freddie. We are still a long way from thinking about challenging for playoffs this year (I still think a couple pitching moves either via call up or trade could make us competitive enough to think about it), but you have to be happy about the core this team has. Playing hard and finding ways to win. I like what I'm seeing. Now if we can just get Teheran to figure out how to pitch at home we will be in business.
    i saw a quote from DOB earlier that indicated the team thinks Blair and Wisler fell apart because they brought them up too early, and they are hellbent on not repeating that with the next wave.

vCash
    The braves are playing good baseball. Got beat today, but strasburg was really good. Still had a shot at the end though. Swanson had one of the best ABs by a brave all year in the 8th resulting in a 2-run double

vCash
    As a Cardinals fan- thanks. He can't hit LH pitching to save his life. Except that one time against Clayton Kershaw.

You can have Kolten Wong and his terrible contract too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    As a Cardinals fan- thanks. He can't hit LH pitching to save his life. Except that one time against Clayton Kershaw.

You can have Kolten Wong and his terrible contract too.
    Matt Adams as a brave...

110 PA .303/.364/.636 ops = 1.000, 8 HR

No, thank you, todd

vCash
    If it weren't for Colon being so terrible, we would be a .500 ball club at worst. Dickey can get added into that as well. I didn't expect them to be world beaters, but they have been much worse than I expected. And Colon is getting back on the mound for us this week. I can only predict bad things.

Like what I've seen from Newcomb. He's got a bright future. I just have to wonder who's next. Gonna have to have another arm. Like Boom says earlier, we've had issues with guys being brought up too early. Who is ready? Think we have a couple options, but considering playoffs are out of the picture, we need to make sure we play this right when we do bring someone up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    If it weren't for Colon being so terrible, we would be a .500 ball club at worst. Dickey can get added into that as well. I didn't expect them to be world beaters, but they have been much worse than I expected. And Colon is getting back on the mound for us this week. I can only predict bad things.

Like what I've seen from Newcomb. He's got a bright future. I just have to wonder who's next. Gonna have to have another arm. Like Boom says earlier, we've had issues with guys being brought up too early. Who is ready? Think we have a couple options, but considering playoffs are out of the picture, we need to make sure we play this right when we do bring someone up.
    Next guy up will most likely be medlen, wisler, or sims... could be Blair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Matt Adams as a brave...

110 PA .303/.364/.636 ops = 1.000, 8 HR

No, thank you, todd
    If it helps us get rid of Mo and Matheny- no thank you.

The Cardinals have major problems and a lot of it is because Matt Carpenter while he is an All-Star is also inflexible. He's a DH that can only hit lead off. So, he's stuck at first base and so now we're stuck with a first baseman in RF in Piscotty and trading a guy that could have been used at first base because they couldn't stick him in LF.

A lot of Cardinals fans bitch about Matheny but Mo hasn't put together a team that any manager can really win with. I hope DeWitt axes Mo after the season rather than let Mo play Matheny as the scapegoat card and keep Mo around. And I definitely want Mo gone before the big free agent class of 2018 comes around.