Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guys, enough with the "None of us expected to be where we are" posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    Let me add something to this "poor coaching decisions" thread. I coached football for over 25 years. Did I make mistakes, you bet I did. Did I ever make a decision with the intent purpose of it being a mistake that would get us beat, hell no! As a coach, you get a feel for your players and their strengths and weaknesses and you put them in the best position to be successful for the team and the player. I laugh at those who criticize coaches when a change in personal fails and praise them when it works. As a coach you do your best to go over techniques so when the time comes to make a change, that player has practiced and honed his skills to step in and be successful. Does it always happen, hell no nor does it always fail either. My point, players make plays, not coaches. The coach has the responsibility to get the player ready and after that, its on the player, especially at this level. This isn't little league where guys are scared to death of a hard throwing pitcher. Thank about this before you post some of the excuses some post.
    Sounds good, but I wonder why Cann thought jolly was a good option in the 6th.

Jolly...
    22.1 ip 24 h 14 er 14 bb 15 k
    Era = 5.78
    Whip = 1.73
    H/9 = 9.82
    Bb/9 = 5.73

Sec games only...
    Era = 6.39
    12.2 ip 14 h 10 bb 5 k
    Avg against = .292 (only ashcraft, blaylock, Ford, and Mahoney are worse)

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Jolly...
    Era = 5.78
    Whip = 1.73
    H/9 = 9.82
    Bb/9 = 5.73

Sec games only...
    Era = 6.39
    12.2 ip 14 h 10 bb 5 k
    Maybe because he was good Tuesday night and he thought he would come in and compete in a big environment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Maybe because he was good Tuesday night and he thought he would come in and compete in a big environment.
    Maybe so. Hopefully he gets it going in his next outing... we certainly need him or anyone

vCash
    We, as a fan base, love a good melt. I sometimes think we like having a reason to be pissed more than we like success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WeWonItAll(Most) View Post
    We, as a fan base, love a good melt. I sometimes think we like having a reason to be pissed more than we like success.
    There it is!

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Some people hate seeing an opportunity at hosting go down the drain in the field's last season. So talking about it half a day later seems pretty common. Hell, we debate football wins vs Troy for 4-5 days, but you want this to stop bc you know we make a great point.
    I agree with you that we should have exhausted all of our best options before conceding the West title to LSU so you're wrong on the last point. You aren't wrong about people bitching about Troy for 3 months actually but were you are wrong with me is that I get on those people too. Pretty much just about any point that is beaten into a bloody pulp (besides Spoon needing surgery, I am guilty of that) I will step in at some point and try to get these threads done with. It's really the main reason why y'all see me taking up for Hevesy and Mullen so much. I want people to stop bitching once it gets to the point of overkill. It's not just sports either, I have avoided Facebook for this exact reason. People will not stfu about shit I don't want to continuously bitch about. Maybe that is my own personal issue that I have to conquer but probably not gonna happen at this point. Sorry ;/ not sorry

vCash
    Some people are summarizing Cann's overall performance, since this was the final weekend of regular season. I think that's why you see those kind of comments.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Jolly...
    Era = 5.78
    Whip = 1.73
    H/9 = 9.82
    Bb/9 = 5.73

Sec games only...
    Era = 6.39
    12.2 ip 14 h 10 bb 5 k
    Same reason he thought putting Barlow in with the bases loaded was a great idea. Of which I called in the game thread there was a 25% chance he would get an out and 75% chance he would walk batters. We were far enough into that game where Self has to come in in that position no excuses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Some people are summarizing Cann's overall performance, since this was the final weekend of regular season. I think that's why you see those kind of comments.
    The last two weekends he made questionable coaching decisions that led to a 1-5 SEC finish.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    The last two weekends he made questionable coaching decisions that led to a 1-5 SEC finish.
    He got SEC COY shy, went and sabotaged it so he wouldn't get it**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Now you're just beating a dead Hevesy.
    Lol

vCash
    Y'all some damn haters...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Both sides are legitimate positions. Why should one side have to stop?
    Because the side who was saying two months ago how bad we were going to be and be lucky to win five SEC games have egg on their faces and they hate to eat crow. Lot of those guys are "know it all's" and hate to be wrong. Many of them disappear or denies they said it when they get it wrong. But when they end up being right they throw it in your face on how smart they were. I don't mind someone being negative but when you have 15 threads started in about an hour on the same subject and all being negative really sucks.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 05-20-2017 at 08:41 PM.

vCash
    In response to any negative comment. Obviously, we ALL know how great a job Cann has done this year. We ALL know how we had low expectations to begin with, then compounded that with more injuries and disciplinary removals. We ALL know that getting to where we are this year is a credit to Cannizaro, Henderson, and gritty overachieving players. We ALL know these things. Nobody is debating any of them or taking any of them away from anybody.

That being said, you can still get frustrated about coaching decisions, personnel usage, and other criticisms EVEN when the season has been great and we have gotten further than anybody thought. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to compartmentalize the two. When someone says, "that was a poorly coached game", they aren't suddenly forgetting all the things listed in the first paragraph of this post. They are simply talking about THIS game, or THIS series, etc.

So can we stop with all the "but who thought we'd be here?" as justification for Andy and Gary's coaching blunders last night. It's ok for them to screw up, and it's ok for us to criticize their screw ups. The great job they've done doesn't make them void of criticism. Let people vent about a poor coaching effort on a message board, and then those same people will be praising decisions by those same people as we do every game and have all year.

Carry on. HailState
    So you are entitled to express your opinion but those who have different ones need to shut up. Gotcha. Pardon me if I don't comply with your wishes.

vCash
    In response to any negative comment. Obviously, we ALL know how great a job Cann has done this year. We ALL know how we had low expectations to begin with, then compounded that with more injuries and disciplinary removals. We ALL know that getting to where we are this year is a credit to Cannizaro, Henderson, and gritty overachieving players. We ALL know these things. Nobody is debating any of them or taking any of them away from anybody.

That being said, you can still get frustrated about coaching decisions, personnel usage, and other criticisms EVEN when the season has been great and we have gotten further than anybody thought. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to compartmentalize the two. When someone says, "that was a poorly coached game", they aren't suddenly forgetting all the things listed in the first paragraph of this post. They are simply talking about THIS game, or THIS series, etc.

So can we stop with all the "but who thought we'd be here?" as justification for Andy and Gary's coaching blunders last night. It's ok for them to screw up, and it's ok for us to criticize their screw ups. The great job they've done doesn't make them void of criticism. Let people vent about a poor coaching effort on a message board, and then those same people will be praising decisions by those same people as we do every game and have all year.

Carry on. HailState
    Because you, of course expected it.