Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guys, enough with the "None of us expected to be where we are" posts

vCash

Guys, enough with the "None of us expected to be where we are" posts

In response to any negative comment. Obviously, we ALL know how great a job Cann has done this year. We ALL know how we had low expectations to begin with, then compounded that with more injuries and disciplinary removals. We ALL know that getting to where we are this year is a credit to Cannizaro, Henderson, and gritty overachieving players. We ALL know these things. Nobody is debating any of them or taking any of them away from anybody.

That being said, you can still get frustrated about coaching decisions, personnel usage, and other criticisms EVEN when the season has been great and we have gotten further than anybody thought. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to compartmentalize the two. When someone says, "that was a poorly coached game", they aren't suddenly forgetting all the things listed in the first paragraph of this post. They are simply talking about THIS game, or THIS series, etc.

So can we stop with all the "but who thought we'd be here?" as justification for Andy and Gary's coaching blunders last night. It's ok for them to screw up, and it's ok for us to criticize their screw ups. The great job they've done doesn't make them void of criticism. Let people vent about a poor coaching effort on a message board, and then those same people will be praising decisions by those same people as we do every game and have all year.

Carry on. HailState

vCash
    OK +

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    OK +
    Ha, wasn't referring to you brother. You just happened to be the most recent to say it. Lol

vCash
    Both sides are legitimate positions. Why should one side have to stop?

vCash
    Hell, if we didn't have all views represented on this board, this board would disappear or we would be like nafoom.
    But, one thing we can all agree on is HAIL STATE!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by turkish View Post
    Both sides are legitimate positions. Why should one side have to stop?
    How is the following a "good position"?

Poster A: "Not bringing Self in ruined our chance at a W. Cannizaro messed up on that move"

Poster B's response: "But none of us expected to be where we are"

Poster B's response has zero to do with Poster A's point.

Now obviously I'm not saying they literally have to stop, surely you realize that. And if they're saying it as a general statement it's fine...just not as a response to criticism, as if you can't criticize a poor decision bc "but we made it this far". A bad coaching decision is a bad coaching decision, regardless of how far you've made it that year.

Banned
    vCash
    What you're failing to realize is we all got your point last night in the 6th inning. It's been 15 hours straight of y'all bitching about it. The point has been made. Now you're just beating a dead Hevesy. This shit ain't that serious.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Hell, if we didn't have all views represented on this board, this board would disappear or we would be like nafoom.
    But, one thing we can all agree on is HAIL STATE!
    True that. And y'all please don't take my post out of context as if I'm saying " don't post that or else!"....I'm not. I'm just venting about that being a poor response to a criticism, that's all.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    What you're failing to realize is we all got your point last night in the 6th inning. It's been 15 hours straight of y'all bitching about it. The point has been made. Now you're just beating a dead Hevesy. This shit ain't that serious.
    Some people hate seeing an opportunity at hosting go down the drain in the field's last season. So talking about it half a day later seems pretty common. Hell, we debate football wins vs Troy for 4-5 days, but you want this to stop bc you know we make a great point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Don't be dragging my boy (hev) in this haha

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Well why was it closed? Thread was ****ing stupid to begin with so I guess that's why.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Well why was it closed? Thread was ****ing stupid to begin with so I guess that's why.
    Not really, pretty accurate. Your post added a lot though.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Why start a thread telling a portion of posters with a certain, legitimate opinion to basically stfu don't want to hear it? If it was something that was just plain factually wrong that's one thing but this is a legit stance. I don't totally agree with it because it's some of both but it's certainly not patently wrong. Just as yours isn't. Although keep trying to ram it up everyone's ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    Why start a thread telling a portion of posters with a certain, legitimate opinion to basically stfu don't want to hear it? If it was something that was just plain factually wrong that's one thing but this is a legit stance. I don't totally agree with it because it's some of both but it's certainly not patently wrong. Just as yours isn't. Although keep trying to ram it up everyone's ass.
    Read it and you'll see. Oh and bc I ****ing felt like it. Set everyone straight though, tough guy.

Apparently none of you ****ers can read. I didn't say the opinion was wrong, I said it is a poor and irrelevant response to the other statement. That's why the thread was locked, bc people like you post before reading
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-20-2017 at 02:24 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    In response to any negative comment. Obviously, we ALL know how great a job Cann has done this year. We ALL know how we had low expectations to begin with, then compounded that with more injuries and disciplinary removals. We ALL know that getting to where we are this year is a credit to Cannizaro, Henderson, and gritty overachieving players. We ALL know these things. Nobody is debating any of them or taking any of them away from anybody.

That being said, you can still get frustrated about coaching decisions, personnel usage, and other criticisms EVEN when the season has been great and we have gotten further than anybody thought. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to compartmentalize the two. When someone says, "that was a poorly coached game", they aren't suddenly forgetting all the things listed in the first paragraph of this post. They are simply talking about THIS game, or THIS series, etc.

So can we stop with all the "but who thought we'd be here?" as justification for Andy and Gary's coaching blunders last night. It's ok for them to screw up, and it's ok for us to criticize their screw ups. The great job they've done doesn't make them void of criticism. Let people vent about a poor coaching effort on a message board, and then those same people will be praising decisions by those same people as we do every game and have all year.

Carry on. HailState
    That's about as well as it can be said! No coach is immune to making mistakes or having a bad game, it happens. Sometimes every move you make no matter how absurd it looks works and sometimes you just flat screwup. Cann and Henderson are to be commended for this year but the last couple of games haven't been their best work. It happens. Cadaver is right on with this post.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Read it and you'll see. Oh and bc I ****ing felt like it. Set everyone straight though, tough guy.

Apparently none of you ****ers can read. I didn't say the opinion was wrong, I said it is a poor and irrelevant response to the other statement. That's why the thread was locked, bc people like you post before reading
    Good job. Love how mad you are over this.

vCash

Carry on. HailState
    Let me add something to this "poor coaching decisions" thread. I coached football for over 25 years. Did I make mistakes, you bet I did. Did I ever make a decision with the intent purpose of it being a mistake that would get us beat, hell no! As a coach, you get a feel for your players and their strengths and weaknesses and you put them in the best position to be successful for the team and the player. I laugh at those who criticize coaches when a change in personal fails and praise them when it works. As a coach you do your best to go over techniques so when the time comes to make a change, that player has practiced and honed his skills to step in and be successful. Does it always happen, hell no nor does it always fail either. My point, players make plays, not coaches. The coach has the responsibility to get the player ready and after that, its on the player, especially at this level. This isn't little league where guys are scared to death of a hard throwing pitcher. Thank about this before you post some of the excuses some post.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    Let me add something to this "poor coaching decisions" thread. I coached football for over 25 years. Did I make mistakes, you bet I did. Did I ever make a decision with the intent purpose of it being a mistake that would get us beat, hell no! As a coach, you get a feel for your players and their strengths and weaknesses and you put them in the best position to be successful for the team and the player. I laugh at those who criticize coaches when a change in personal fails and praise them when it works. As a coach you do your best to go over techniques so when the time comes to make a change, that player has practiced and honed his skills to step in and be successful. Does it always happen, hell no nor does it always fail either. My point, players make plays, not coaches. The coach has the responsibility to get the player ready and after that, its on the player, especially at this level. This isn't little league where guys are scared to death of a hard throwing pitcher. Thank about this before you post some of the excuses some post.
    Oh shit a post from someone who has been there.....hey cadaver throw out that little girl flexing again

vCash
    I love this board! It's always entertaining!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I love this board! It's always entertaining!
    That it is