Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I agree, a funeral for LFL is silly.

vCash

I agree, a funeral for LFL is silly.

The mofos on Nafoom are having a ball with it, of course besides girl's softball they really have nothing else to talk about. But really, is it any more silly than this? https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...a-message-home
    Last edited by Drugs Delaney; 05-20-2017 at 08:22 AM. Reason: left out the part about what a strange looking cat The Beav is
    "They live in bizarro world...up is down...yes is no...hot is cold. Now they've determined that the NCAA sends a Letter of Inquiry AFTER an investigation is basically over. Uh...NO. Not how it works." Zv2, Bafoom Motard , 10/12/15

vCash

Meh...if it makes folks feel a little better, let them have their moment

Quote Originally Posted by Drugs Delaney View Post
    The mofos on Nafoom are having a ball with it, of course besides girl's softball they really have nothing else to talk about. But really, is it any more silly than this? https://www.seccountry.com/mississip...a-message-home
    Rigs are dead, but Left Field Lounge will live on

vCash
    Maybe the funeral was for our season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Cdawg, The last 3 weeks have been very disappointing, mistakes have been made, the players are wore slap down to nothing. I think we are in better position than any of us would have thought at the beginning of the season. Let's just celebrate and congratulate our players for the hard work they have put in.

vCash
    Don't know about LFL, but it sure seems the team has now died for the season. Talk about finishing with a whimper. Not even looking that forward to the regional now because it seems like we are like "stick a fork in us" done for the year.

vCash
    I'm not sure it wouldn't be best to tank game 1 in Hoover and come home and rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I'm not sure it wouldn't be best to tank game 1 in Hoover and come home and rest.
    Things like the SEC Tournament are why you play baseball. Screw that, I want us to try to win it. Ain't like we're going to Omaha this year...so why not try to win some hardware.

vCash
    On this ridiculous topic- I saw ONE person with a black RIP LFL t-shirt. I'm pretty sure she wasn't any younger than 70 either.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Don't know about LFL, but it sure seems the team has now died for the season. Talk about finishing with a whimper. Not even looking that forward to the regional now because it seems like we are like "stick a fork in us" done for the year.
    Don't really agree with this. Still could have a 2011 type run. That year was a very similar finish to this one. Lost 2 of 3 at home to a really, really bad LSU team when winning one more would have handed us the SECW. Didn't do much in Hoover. Wound up as a 3 seed in ATL and went 3-0, took UF down to the wire and were just a couple of outs away from Omaha until Caleb Reed ran out of gas. That would be a hell of a finish in my book, and still very possible.

vCash
    Things like the SEC Tournament are why you play baseball. Screw that, I want us to try to win it. Ain't like we're going to Omaha this year...so why not try to win some hardware.
    I'd typically agree. But we need rest.

I still think we can make postseason noise.

vCash
    The folks on Nafoon need something to do.... their ath. program is TANKED.... for YEARS......

They will visit often here in the next few weeks just to see who we call on the carpet and who was left out..... js

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HSVDawg View Post
    Don't really agree with this. Still could have a 2011 type run. That year was a very similar finish to this one. Lost 2 of 3 at home to a really, really bad LSU team when winning one more would have handed us the SECW. Didn't do much in Hoover. Wound up as a 3 seed in ATL and went 3-0, took UF down to the wire and were just a couple of outs away from Omaha until Caleb Reed ran out of gas. That would be a hell of a finish in my book, and still very possible.
    I agree, I kinda put the season behind us and feel like now it's anybody's to win. Gotta get hot at the right time, and while we definitely aren't hot...sometimes a fresh postseason start is just what the doctor ordered. Especially when now we have little to no pressure, but still have the best player in college baseball and a capable ace/closer. Never know. At least we have an opportunity at it.

Now it comes down to matchups, and who wants it more. I like our guys' fight, so while we may not win a game, I think we'll fight

vCash
    I still can't believe they're going to screw with the best thing in college baseball. It's a tremendous risk. We could go from the best ballpark in the nation to just another shiney new dime.

vCash
    Exactly, but we are MSU and we could fvck up a wet dream.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I still can't believe they're going to screw with the best thing in college baseball. It's a tremendous risk. We could go from the best ballpark in the nation to just another shiney new dime.
    In the rendering video, it shows several contraptions in the new LFL, almost as if people will be able to customize and even add contraptions. Is that accurate? I'll see if I can find the pic

vCash

If they'll at least let people customize and get creative with the seating and setup, that would be pretty cool. I still think as long as they don't put super strict rules on it, it will be pretty kick ass. But now there'll be more people able to take advantage and enjoy it. We'll see...at first I was bummed, but I'm starting to think it will retain much of its character, and the fans and their creativity will be what keeps it special

vCash
    If they allow customization that will help, but I'm still sad they're getting rid of the most college baseball thing ever. Every announcer that ever called a game wanted to go out there for a reason. Same for visiting fans and players. Now we have concrete boxes. Woohoo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    I recall the wrap up of one of the early DNF small group fundraising meetings. To an attendee, your sentiment was echoed 100%. Administratively, it was quickly dismissed.

Interestingly (I feel safe saying without access to Bulldog Club rankings) of the 10 folks there, at least 7 were Top 20 Bulldog Club lifetime donors.

Senior Member Intramural All-American's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg34 View Post
    If they allow customization that will help, but I'm still sad they're getting rid of the most college baseball thing ever. Every announcer that ever called a game wanted to go out there for a reason. Same for visiting fans and players. Now we have concrete boxes. Woohoo.
    they didn't want to go out there to sit on old trucks. If you think the rigs are the thing that make LFL special, you're mistaken. People go out there because of the people. The environment. The food. The beer. Opposing fans and players go out there because they are invited and treated graciously by many people offering them food and a party like atmosphere. The fans make LFL, not the trucks. That doesn't have to change. The only way LFL will suffer, is if some stubborn fans make it suffer.

Yes, we are losing uniqueness, but that should be it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Intramural All-American View Post
    they didn't want to go out there to sit on old trucks. If you think the rigs are the thing that make LFL special, you're mistaken. People go out there because of the people. The environment. The food. The beer. Opposing fans and players go out there because they are invited and treated graciously by many people offering them food and a party like atmosphere. The fans make LFL, not the trucks. That doesn't have to change. The only way LFL will suffer, is if some stubborn fans make it suffer.

Yes, we are losing uniqueness, but that should be it.
    The rigs definitely played a part. Uniqueness can't be overstated. They helped make the environment. A tiki bar and a set of bleachers on the back of a flatbed in the outfield was special. It was the most recognizable thing about MSU along with the cowbell. And before someone accuses me of having a rig out there and pissed because I'm losing it you'd be wrong. I've watched a game from out there a total of one time in my life. Everybody can mark my words. There will come a day when we all wish we had back what we're discarding now.