Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Andy, you're a good young coach...but you sucked royally tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    When you were 60 years old apparently.
    Freshmen at MSU actually. I saw a BIT of good college baseball back then. I'm sure YOU would blame Gene Morgan getting hit on the foot on Polk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Ok Rebel...............I always find it interesting that defending a coach means that I must think he is infallible. Anyone that thinks THAT really is a Rebel. You aren't smart enough to be a DAWG.
    Defending a coach no matter what is pretty much saying he or she is infallible. Are you Megan Mullen? Or Allison Cannizaro??

vCash
    Ok Rebel...............I always find it interesting that defending a coach means that I must think he is infallible.
    That's interesting, bc you have no problem claiming that every time one of us says someone did poorly that we are really saying "MSU sucks!". How can you see it when it's being done to you, but not see it when you do it to others? (In literally every single post you make pretty much)

And quit calling him "Rebel". It's lame, and he's not one...so it makes you look bad, or worse

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Are you Megan Mullen? Or Allison Cannizaro??
    Who's hotter?? Pics!!!!!!**

vCash
    Freshmen at MSU actually. I saw a BIT of good college baseball back then. I'm sure YOU would blame Gene Morgan getting hit on the foot on Polk.
    Most people blame Polk for not taking him out after the ball hit his foot. But we actually understand sports.

vCash
    LOL...............REALLY LOL.
    That's what I thought when you told us in this thread that Cann has done a better coaching job than Vick Scheaffer this year.

I don't blame you for backing away from that hot potato.

Banned
    vCash
    Saving Self just put us in the Supers. Watch. Sometimes a move you don't make today is because you have bigger plans 2 weeks from now. I know y'all want that Stansbury West Banner so bad but I want to go to ****ing OMAHA!!! I do not blast Cann for saving Self this weekend, I do however blast him for ever putting Poole in the batters box again. I can hit better than that guy left handed and drunk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Saving Self just put us in the Supers. Watch. Sometimes a move you don't make today is because you have bigger plans 2 weeks from now. I know y'all want that Stansbury West Banner so bad but I want to go to ****ing OMAHA!!! I do not blast Cann for saving Self this weekend, I do however blast him for ever putting Poole in the batters box again. I can hit better than that guy left handed and drunk.
    Self will pitch today now that the series is over. We aren't resting him the weekend. I think we see self for an inning with lsu up say 7-2

vCash
    I can hit better than that guy left handed and drunk.
    I could do that as well and be masturbating while doing it.

vCash
    Can and the pitching coach have held this team together with duct tape and bailing wire. What they have done is perhaps the best coaching job I have ever seen in any sport at MSU. Remember what we lost to the draft last year. The injuries to the pitching staff are pretty much unprecedented. I say this from a point of view that could really care less about the entire sport of baseball. It sucks as a sport, but give credit where it is DUE instead of bitching.
    I've been on Cann's bandwagon as much or more than anyone and criticism earlier in year was almost completely unwarranted.

But the last few series ... I'm puzzled by his decision making. Why Poole and Alexander seem untouchable in the lineup is beyond me. I groan every time they come up to bat, especially with runners on. They have the worst at bats and don't come close to putting the ball in play usually. It really is bad.

Bragg played really good one weekend and then disappears. He hit and fielded well. I don't know what happened with that. And I, unlike everyone else, don't think that Luke is such an 'awesome' fielder. That ball he missed from Gridley to get lead runner that was right there for the tag out the other night was terrible. He's done that a couple of times on tags. Bragg played D as good as Luke has when he was in there that one weekend. And that bunt attempt Luke had the other night ... it was worse than the one Bragg had screwed up. Horrible bunting attempts and AB. Right now Belmont can't hit, can't bunt, and ain't Craig Nettles or even close at third. He is a slightly above average fielder at best IMO. If you can't produce anything to help the offense at all, then you better be Craig Nettles at third.

Our good bats, especially Rooker, are pressing too much at the plate now. And to me at times it looks like our good hitters haven't even studied the opposing staff much. They look so totally surprised at times with what's coming toward them ... it just looks to me like they may not be doing their homework. This is excluding Thur night LSU game ... that guy had some nasty shit with that knuckle curve.

And the pitching staff management ... I'm not understanding those decisions either.

We aren't real talented and the pitching staff has been thin, but we have had some opportunities to win AU and GA series, and probably had a chance to win last night's game too (didn't watch it). Cann's decisions at key points during these 3 series have been head scratchers to me. Maybe not batting for Poole and Alexander earlier in game ... I might understand that if he considers them stellar defenders. But when you absolutely have to have runs and still sticking with them ... I don't understand that at all. Sticking with them with multiple runners on base with 1 or 2 outs in 7th inning or later down a couple to 3 runs ... that's ludicrous with the way they are hitting right now. Same with pitching staff management decisions.

ETA: To sum up ... the bitching that is going on now is pretty warranted IMO.
    Last edited by dawgday166; 05-20-2017 at 08:22 AM.

vCash
    You really are a Rebel. Good lord why do you bring that NAFOOM crap here?
    LOL ... what a typical response from a Mullen "is God" fan to someone who disagrees with them. Just call them a Rebel SMH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hailstate17 View Post
    You have to win tonight to even have a chance at the series. Have to burn self tonight to try everything to win in a 4-4 game. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here.
    Yep, the 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th all should have belonged to Riley Self and Spencer Price.

The way these two were used in the last month I find it hard to believe -- Price's last "meaningful" game was against TCUN in the Governors Cup. Strategically going to Self earlier during the past few SEC weekend series would have allowed Price (who is also one of our better pitchers) to be used in meaningful games as well, but that didn't happen.

I fully expect Price to give up several runs when he finally does get a chance to pitch just from the rust that Cann and Henderson have allowed to build up on his arm.

vCash
    Uh, no. Just no. This isn't anywhere close to a Super Regional team. IMO, we HAD to win the LSU series to host and I don't think we are hosting now and not throwing the kitchen sink into last night's effort (to give us a chance for today) has cost us a regional host spot.

vCash
    Could have kept us from the Supers....bc instead of hosting, now we're a 2 or 3 seed on the road. Nothing about "saving" Self makes sense. He throws about 2 innings per weekend...he's as rested as a pitcher can get at this point in the year EVEN IF he had pitched 3 innings last night and kept LSU at 4 runs for us to win it

Banned
    vCash
    If Self goes Bumgarner and pitches us into a Super it won't matter if we host or not.

vCash
    The funniest part of us "saving" self is we used him vs Troy, but not lsu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's what I thought when you told us in this thread that Cann has done a better coaching job than Vick Scheaffer this year.

I don't blame you for backing away from that hot potato.
    In a way he actually has. Vic's roster was deep and loaded. I don't think anyone would say that about our baseball team.

vCash
    If Self goes Bumgarner and pitches us into a Super it won't matter if we host or not.
    You do realize we don't play in a Regional for 2 weeks...so why couldn't he pitch yesterday for a few innings and still go "Bumgarner" in Regionals? Does it take 3 weeks of rest to be effective? We all know Self not pitching had nothing to do with "saving" shit, and everything to do with Cann & Henderson trying to get by with a weaker pitcher to try and maximize Self to close out a game....unfortunately, they were too dumb to realize that maximizing him would have been bringing him in with the game tied at 4, and giving us a shot at winning the series. Our coaches have progressively gotten more and more stingy with he and Price, and last night they finally let it hurt the team. I just hope they learned from it.

Sometimes you have to worry about tomorrow tomorrow. We were doing that most of the year...doing what we had to do to win THAT game, and then worrying about the next one when we get to it. We got away from that though, and tried to create a pitching rotation or system over the last few weeks...but we don't have a good enough staff to do that. You just have to ride a hot hand with this staff, and do what it takes to win today. We abandoned that, it has cost us lately, and will continue to shorten our season if we don't get back to playing every game without thinking about the next one.
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-20-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Banned
    vCash
    Guess they were giving others the opportunity to grab the glory. They didn't but let's be real here we weren't winning the SEC if Self pitches then or not. Stop melting over it. Cann registered the result. He doesn't have Alzheimers.

vCash
    Guess they were giving others the opportunity to grab the glory. They didn't but let's be real here we weren't winning the SEC if Self pitches then or not. Stop melting over it. Cann registered the result. He doesn't have Alzheimers.
    This shit right here is poor ol MSU. Yeah- we're so bad we took two out of three from the best team we've played in Kentucky and were in first place going to play a sub 500 Georgia team. No chance to win the SEC at all.

And even if we don't have a chance to win the SEC at least go down using the best players on the team. Every damn coach we have on campus seems to have a problem with this concept.

Also, I hate to tell you but if Cann's comments last night were any indication of how we're going to use Self going forward we'll be lucky to see him once if we even get to a SR.