Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy, you're a good young coach...but you sucked royally tonight.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Well said. This series has been Cannazaro's worst coached series of the year. Not PH'ing for Poole with the bases loaded lost us that game last night and not starting Self in the sixth lost us the game tonight. I've never seen him coach with such idiocy. This has been down right embarrassing.
    Amen!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Like how Cohen and company didn't even get to Omaha with one of the best teams we have ever had last year?
    So now you're criticizing the coaches? Typical MSU.**

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Can and the pitching coach have held this team together with duct tape and bailing wire. What they have done is perhaps the best coaching job I have ever seen in any sport at MSU. Remember what we lost to the draft last year. The injuries to the pitching staff are pretty much unprecedented. I say this from a point of view that could really care less about the entire sport of baseball. It sucks as a sport, but give credit where it is DUE instead of bitching.
    Oh.My.Gosh!!
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    So to you the best coaching job ever at MSU is a guy that had his team in first place and choked away the last two series? Cohen 2013 and Vick Shaeffer laugh at you.
    Well Todd, given the fact that we were never supposed to even be anywhere near first place to begin with......yes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    So now you're criticizing the coaches? Typical MSU.**
    Facts vs emotions.

vCash
    You have to win tonight to even have a chance at the series. Have to burn self tonight to try everything to win in a 4-4 game. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    We ran out of gas. We have 5 ****ing players in our program...5!!!!!!!! Smoke and mirrors doesn't do this season justice to Cann and Henderson.

vCash
    Cannizzaro deserves all the credit he gets though. Heck of a job this year, just a bad weekend. Henderson gets more credit than he deserves. Let's all hope he finds another job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    We ran out of gas. We have 5 ****ing players in our program...5!!!!!!!! Smoke and mirrors doesn't do this season justice to Cann and Henderson.
    Yep. It's been really amazing. I've never seen anything quite like it here. PAY Cann and Henderson, PAY THEM WELL. I could care less about baseball but since as a university we DO seem to care about it, PAY THEM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    I have been saying for weeks now that the advantage of having 2 closers despite a weak pitching staff, was that you could bring one in to kill a threat and bridge a big game to your other closer to finish it. Cannizaro literally handed LSU this series and the West by failing to pitch our best two arms a single pitch until this series was over. That is inexplicable. I'm livid, and I'm sure many others are as well and rightfully so. And to think we brought in the Wiley veteran Henderson to help avoid dumbass rookie mistakes like that...yet he's the actual pitching coach and didn't even suggest going to Self or Price. Un****ingbeluevable. This team fought too hard all season for their coaches to shit their britches and fail them with so much on the line. I expected better than tonight, and this team deserved better. Pitiful.

And there better be some cut asses from the pitching staff this offseason. If you can't throw strikes, go play intramurals brother...this is the SEC and this is MSU. Man up and throw strikes, or hit the road.

HailState
    The game was lost when State didn't put in Self in the 6th with the score 4-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgoneyall View Post
    The game was lost when State didn't put in Self in the 6th with the score 4-4
    Yep

vCash
    Yep. It's been really amazing. I've never seen anything quite like it here. PAY Cann and Henderson, PAY THEM WELL. I could care less about baseball but since as a university we DO seem to care about it, PAY THEM.
    Good grief, do you not understand English? EVERYONE on the board is saying he has done a great job over the year. That is not even in question. That doesn't change the fact that he has coached like crap these past 2 games. You get a 3 run rally to tie the game in the bottom of the 5th and then you throw the game away in the 6th because you are "saving" your best guys? NOTHING about that makes good sense. If he had pitched Self and Price for the last 4 innings we MIGHT be sitting here celebrating a 5-4 win. If Cann is counting on us to score 9 or 10 runs to beat LSU right now with the way they are playing and with their pitching then he has lost his senses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Good grief, do you not understand English? EVERYONE on the board is saying he has done a great job over the year. That is not even in question. That doesn't change the fact that he has coached like crap these past 2 games. You get a 3 run rally to tie the game in the bottom of the 5th and then you throw the game away in the 6th because you are "saving" your best guys? NOTHING about that makes good sense. If he had pitched Self and Price for the last 4 innings we MIGHT be sitting here celebrating a 5-4 win. If Cann is counting on us to score 9 or 10 runs to beat LSU right now with the way they are playing and with their pitching then he has lost his senses.
    Liverpool is "Coach is never wrong" guy. As soon as he saw my thread title, his poor ole MSU self jumped to the defense's of the coaches. He's the guy that never wants MSU to achieve more, so long as they don't risk losing less than where they are at the current moment. We'd still have Felker on the sidelines at Davis Wade if he was in charge.

Every single person on this board agrees AC has done great this year and appears to be a great hire. The right hire. But what Liverpool doesn't understand is, that doesn't mean you can never criticize or question their decisions on a message board. Nobody's trying to fire Andy, Liverpool...so you can put down your pitchfork and torch.

vCash
    Like how Cohen and company didn't even get to Omaha with one of the best teams we have ever had last year?
    Us not going to omaha last had nothing to do with Cohen. We werent as hot as the national runner up (Cohen got us there) Arizona was at the time. You defend Mullen like he is your mom so this doesnt surprise me. I dont blame this series entirely on Cann I think hes done a great job this year but still. Not PHing for Poole last night was pure idiocy

vCash
    Liverpool is "Coach is never wrong" guy. As soon as he saw my thread title, his poor ole MSU self jumped to the defense's of the coaches. He's the guy that never wants MSU to achieve more, so long as they don't risk losing less than where they are at the current moment. We'd still have Felker on the sidelines at Davis Wade if he was in charge.

Every single person on this board agrees AC has done great this year and appears to be a great hire. The right hire. But what Liverpool doesn't understand is, that doesn't mean you can never criticize or question their decisions on a message board. Nobody's trying to fire Andy, Liverpool...so you can put down your pitchfork and torch.
    The fact that he defended Mullen all year this past season did it for me. You speak truth

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    I understand English perfectly. Unfortunately so in this thread.

vCash

LOL. Actually I'm not. YOU are the perfect example of the poor old whooped down MSU I grew up with.

vCash

My take is you don't go after, IN PUBLIC, a coach that has done good job overall . You obviously want to, whatever your motive is. By all means emphasize the negative and damn MSU, if that is what you want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The fact that he defended Mullen all year this past season did it for me. You speak truth
    8 posts................Ok. Nice body of work here. I'll take that for the compliment it is, inadvertently.

vCash
    8 posts................Ok. Nice body of work here.
    Knew that was coming. I was actually GTHOM but since I hadnt posted in a while and forgot my password and all I went to an older one. Doesnt change the fact you would wipe Mullen's ass if he asked you to.