Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andy, you're a good young coach...but you sucked royally tonight.

vCash

Andy, you're a good young coach...but you sucked royally tonight.

I have been saying for weeks now that the advantage of having 2 closers despite a weak pitching staff, was that you could bring one in to kill a threat and bridge a big game to your other closer to finish it. Cannizaro literally handed LSU this series and the West by failing to pitch our best two arms a single pitch until this series was over. That is inexplicable. I'm livid, and I'm sure many others are as well and rightfully so. And to think we brought in the Wiley veteran Henderson to help avoid dumbass rookie mistakes like that...yet he's the actual pitching coach and didn't even suggest going to Self or Price. Un****ingbeluevable. This team fought too hard all season for their coaches to shit their britches and fail them with so much on the line. I expected better than tonight, and this team deserved better. Pitiful.

And there better be some cut asses from the pitching staff this offseason. If you can't throw strikes, go play intramurals brother...this is the SEC and this is MSU. Man up and throw strikes, or hit the road.

HailState

vCash
    Don't forget letting Poole hit with bases loaded after looking totally, completely lost his first 2 ABs last night. Cann got whipped by PM just like our team got whipped by lsu

vCash
    Yep. These ******s that can't throw a strike need to hit the intramural field. Our own fans were sarcastically cheering a strike. Absolutely unforgivable performance by a bunch of single A Academy pitchers.

vCash
    Well said. This series has been Cannazaro's worst coached series of the year. Not PH'ing for Poole with the bases loaded lost us that game last night and not starting Self in the sixth lost us the game tonight. I've never seen him coach with such idiocy. This has been down right embarrassing.

vCash
    Can and the pitching coach have held this team together with duct tape and bailing wire. What they have done is perhaps the best coaching job I have ever seen in any sport at MSU. Remember what we lost to the draft last year. The injuries to the pitching staff are pretty much unprecedented. I say this from a point of view that could really care less about the entire sport of baseball. It sucks as a sport, but give credit where it is DUE instead of bitching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
    Can and the pitching coach have held this team together with duct tape and bailing wire. What they have done is perhaps the best coaching job I have ever seen in any sport at MSU. Remember what we lost to the draft last year. The injuries to the pitching staff are pretty much unprecedented. I say this from a point of view that could really care less about the entire sport of baseball. It sucks as a sport, but give credit where it is DUE instead of bitching.
    **** that shit. They've been given credit year long. That doesn't excuse bush league mismanagement. Cadaver is right about everything he said in his post.

vCash
    Kiss my ass. I said TONIGHT, and since you don't care (or know) about baseball, spare us your posts about the shit show coaching job we saw tonight and the last few weekends. Nobody is taking away from what they've done this year...there's been a million good things said. So they aren't above criticism when they blow it.

vCash
    The eternal optimist in me is saying let's be glad Cann is making these mistakes and learning lessons now instead of down the road when he's playing with a full deck. Let's be honest; incredible coaching job (which it undeniably has been) or not, the level of relative success we've had this year wasn't sustainable under the circumstances, and the rational among us knew a dropoff was inevitable. Even if we'd finished the season strong, this team simply doesn't have enough horses for tournament play. Good to get as many growing pains than not out of the way now than over the next few years when we should be much better equipped for the post-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    **** that shit. They've been given credit year long. That doesn't excuse bush league mismanagement. Cadaver is right about everything he said in his post.
    I'm glad to hear you say it Todd! I'm still pissed about the Georgia series, but Cann could have shown some nuts this weekend by doing whatever it takes to win 2 out of 3. Instead, he showed that his nuts haven't dropped yet! Not sold that he's the right guy for a job of this caliber.

vCash
    So are you, Todd. Well said. **** his post, ha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thf24 View Post
    The eternal optimist in me is saying let's be glad Cann is making these mistakes and learning lessons now instead of down the road when he's playing with a full deck. Let's be honest; incredible coaching job (which it undeniably has been) or not, the level of relative success we've had this year wasn't sustainable under the circumstances, and the rational among us knew a dropoff was inevitable. Even if we'd finished the season strong, this team simply doesn't have enough horses for tournament play. Good to get as many growing pains than not out of the way now than over the next few years when we should be much better equipped for the post-season.
    We are pitching some pitchers that won't even be on the team next year so building these kids for the future is useless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I'm glad to hear you say it Todd! I'm still pissed about the Georgia series, but Cann could have shown some nuts this weekend by doing whatever it takes to win 2 out of 3. Instead, he showed that his nuts haven't dropped yet! Not sold that he's the right guy for a job of this caliber.
    I'm pissed about how we're finishing too. I don't care about how many injuries we've had- we were in a position to win the whole thing and we shit the bed.

Cann gets a pass this year no matter what. These aren't his recruits. If he recruits as well as advertised he'll look a lot smarter as a coach.

vCash
    Whatever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    So are you, Todd. Well said. **** his post, ha
    I hate holier than thou coach can do no wrong fans.

vCash
    Typical old MSU................from the fans. I didn't say I didn't know anything about baseball by the way, just that I'm not a fan of the sport. I'll stand by my statement...best coaching job at MSU I may have ever seen. We were supposed to suck, had perhaps unprecedented injuries, and we still went into the last weekend with a chance at the title. We didn't win it, but come on girls, don't let not being the bride at the ball cloud your judgement. I usually get blasted for being a homer. I keep up with how we are doing, I even went last night, but it ain't POSSIBLE for me to be a real homer in baseball. I'd trade the whole MSU baseball program for ONE SEC TITLE in football. I honestly think Can and staff did a MUCH better job than Cohen and staff did LAST year.

vCash

Canni blew it and I am sure he knows it,

I hate holier than thou coach can do no wrong fans.
    But I think he rolled the dice and came up craps. I think he thought to win 2 he needed to try and get through this game without pitching Self. You have to play to win though and then let the chips fall. Hopefully he learns from this mistake. That was Polkesque.

vCash
    Coaches make mistakes. And it's ok to talk about it when they do

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Coaches make mistakes. And it's ok to talk about it when they do
    Like how Cohen and company didn't even get to Omaha with one of the best teams we have ever had last year?

vCash
    Like how Cohen and company didn't even get to Omaha with one of the best teams we have ever had last year?
    Random hates Cohen... he's not gonna argue with you over that

vCash
    Typical old MSU................from the fans. I didn't say I didn't know anything about baseball by the way, just that I'm not a fan of the sport. I'll stand by my statement...best coaching job at MSU I may have ever seen. We were supposed to suck, had perhaps unprecedented injuries, and we still went into the last weekend with a chance at the title. We didn't win it, but come on girls, don't let not being the bride at the ball cloud your judgement. I usually get blasted for being a homer. I keep up with how we are doing, I even went last night, but it ain't POSSIBLE for me to be a real homer in baseball. I'd trade the whole MSU baseball program for ONE SEC TITLE in football. I honestly think Can and staff did a MUCH better job than Cohen and staff did LAST year.
    So to you the best coaching job ever at MSU is a guy that had his team in first place and choked away the last two series? Cohen 2013 and Vick Shaeffer laugh at you.