Quote Originally Posted by Liverpooldawg View Post
Well Todd, given the fact that we were never supposed to even be anywhere near first place to begin with......yes.
The expectations were too low to start with. Most people remember 2015 where we lost a lot of players and assumed that 2017 would be the same way. In the meantime I contended that we should expect to be a two seed because we had Pilkington, Rooker, and Mangum- three guys that are better than anyone on the 2015 team plus I assumed we would have Rigby and Smith in the bullpen.

Well golly gee- look where we are now.

That aside- Cann made some very obviously terrible moves that hurt us this weekend. And that is a fact. The fact that he put Vansau and MacNamee in the lineup together tells me he regrets not pinch hitting for Poole last night- which was incredibly dumb given how Poole looked in his other AB's. And now he's telling is that Self can only go x amount of times and with the lead despite pitching him multiple times a weekend in the past.

Look- it sucks now but I hope he learns from it. He can't expect to put pitchers who have terrible BB/K rates with ERA's through the roof and expect it to work and then not be criticized when it doesn't work.