Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

Updated SEC stats

Tanner Poole

20/93- .215 Avg.... .282 OBP....32 K's in 93 ABs...5 HBP and 4 BB's

Luke Alexander

15/93- .161 Avg... .196 OBP....30 K's in 93 AB's...0 HBP...and 4 BB's

vCash
    Not pinch hitting for Poole with 1 out and bases loaded blew my mind. He wasn't close the previous 2 ABs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stalkingpoon View Post
    Not pinch hitting for Poole with 1 out and bases loaded blew my mind. He wasn't close the previous 2 ABs.

I think LSU knew they had a win win situation, when no pinch hitter came up to the plate.

vCash
    Tanner Poole's stats the last three SEC games are worse. He is like 0-10 with 6 strikeouts. He is on a death spiral and taking our chances of winning the west with him.

vCash
    Bragg is not there so it's Alexander or Skelton.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steakonastick View Post
    Bragg is not there so it's Alexander or Skelton.
    I don't know why our fans don't seem to be getting this. It's not even a debate. Cann in his press conference even said that Bragg was ill.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't know why our fans don't seem to be getting this. It's not even a debate. Cann in his press conference even said that Bragg was ill.
    I've gotten it once you said it. Our whole point though is you absolutely can't have Lovelady, Alexander, and Poole all batting bunched together. With what we know now, you absolutely can't play Poole. Alexander at least drew a walk yesterday. The last three SEC games Poole has really hurt us with his 0-10 batting and six strikeouts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    I've gotten it once you said it. Our whole point though is you absolutely can't have Lovelady, Alexander, and Poole all batting bunched together. With what we know now, you absolutely can't play Poole. Alexander at least drew a walk yesterday. The last three SEC games Poole has really hurt us with his 0-10 batting and six strikeouts.
    I agree about not having all three bunched together. But we have to play Lovelady and LA right now. We don't have much of a choice. So complaining about those two is bated breath.

LA is simply the chosen scapegoat that some of our fans have chosen. There's always a Sam Frost, a Reid Humphreys and it will always be someone.

vCash
    remember Luke missed all last summer with broke hand and has part of this season with a broke finger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I agree about not having all three bunched together. But we have to play Lovelady and LA right now. We don't have much of a choice. So complaining about those two is bated breath.

LA is simply the chosen scapegoat that some of our fans have chosen. There's always a Sam Frost, a Reid Humphreys and it will always be someone.
    LA wouldn't be so glaring if we hit him 9th. Instead, we have one of our better hitters hitting ninth in Stovall. We really should hit Stovall further up the order since we have so many holes in the lineup. I'd really take benching Poole for starters and putting Alexander ninth and maybe moving Stovall to the eight spot to break up the rally killer 3. Lovelady hasn't been that bad and was a big reason we won the A&M Sunday game so I'm not going to rag on him that much. Alexander does have five home runs so you just hope he comes out of his huge slump soon as he has a chance to hit a homer or extra base hit. We can replace Poole in the lineup and should for the forseeable future. There is really no excuse to play him right now.

vCash
    I don't care about playing 1 or the other, but not both. 3b is a more important defensive position and no other 3b means Poole has to sit

vCash
    Yup, it's time to put macnamee in left and just let vansau dh. Poole has zero confidence right now and it's not going to improve this year. He needs to spend all summer learning to hit a breaking pitch from a right hand pitcher.

vCash
    I didn't get to watch the game, but Belmont and Poole may be the two worse all time Msu hitters for everyday players.

Random has posted the stats that don't lie.

Now I recall some heated arguments bout Belmont, I will say it again, he will never hit Sec pitching, he and Poole have been rally killers.

I wonder if they even make the team next year as Cann is gonna get better players.

Durango, Silverton, Quray and Telluride area is just awesome! Cold and snow but.........lots to see in God's creation!
    Last edited by basedog; 05-19-2017 at 08:35 AM.

vCash

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    That's funny, but I was nowhere near an SEC player so I'm not going to rip them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    That's funny, but I was nowhere near an SEC player so I'm not going to rip them.
    Oh no doubt, they're all way better than me. And it's not their fault, they dont make the lineup. Just making a joke

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh no doubt, they're all way better than me. And it's not their fault, they dont make the lineup. Just making a joke
    I knew it was a joke, I just don't see the value in starting a thread to rip players that are trying and not acting like shitheads off the field from what I know. The coach is the one putting them out there everyday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    Really? We rip every sport and none of our fans were SEC players in football or men's basketball. Why would baseball get a pass?

vCash
    I like this. Bravo Cadaver, bravo.

vCash
    To be fair Lovelady has been way better than the other 2