Thread: Coach DM takes shot at UNM

vCash

Coach DM takes shot at UNM

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=19405724

"Coming in, I had an athletic and university administration that wanted to help me build the program the RIGHT WAY"

Pretty good video of DM talking about Nick's athleticism and getting back to our style of aggressive defense.

I just want to say, through all the ups and downs of Miss State football, I am so thankful to have coach DM come in and build this program and not do it like those ****birds up north. We produce great players who succeed in the NFL, but also who graduate and appreciate the university. I think what truly tells the truth about MSU and our program is how former players still come back and are invested in the program. Its truly a family.

Praise the Lord and Go Dawgs

vCash
    I didn't see a shot at OM.

But I saw a cannonball at Peter Sirmon when he said "we didn't play Mississippi State defense last year."

Wait for the smoke to clear!

Last edited by Reason2succeed; 05-18-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Defense improves. Now it's time to get better at OL and WR. And KICKER.

Banned
    vCash
    He's said "the right way" numerous times before the greatness that is this NCAA probe in Oxford. It's just funny now instead of infuriating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    I didn't see a shot at OM.

But I saw a cannonball at Peter Sirmon when he said "we didn't play Mississippi State defense last year."

Wait for the smoke to clear!

Yea picked that up too. Sirmon definitely took us away from our identity. I think Grantham could be the best hire Dan has made. We will see.

vCash
    Grantham might be a 3 win swing by himself. It isn't like when don't have talent on the defense. That side of the ball is made up of mostly 4 stars with a 5 star badass.

vCash
    Grantham is the most exciting hire to me that Dan has made by far. Just thinking about all his previous d coordinators, and comparing their accomplishments pre-MSU to Granthams. With that said, add in the fact that we definitely have some d talent has me very excited at this point.
    You're blind if you can't see improvement.....Freshmens......Strain.....Kick rocks and pound sand......Drag my Yankee ass outta here!......

vCash
    with just a little defense last year, we could probably add three games to the win column (South Alabama, BYU, Kentucky). Hell, if we could have just made Arkansas punt, ONCE, it might have been four!

vCash
    Would any of you agree that this may be the beginning of us consistently being a perennial 9 or 10 regular-season-wins program?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcomdawg View Post
    with just a little defense last year, we could probably add three games to the win column (South Alabama, BYU, Kentucky). Hell, if we could have just made Arkansas punt, ONCE, it might have been four!
    A little offense would've helped against USA & BYU.

vCash
    I didn't take what Dan said about the "right way" as a shot at OM. He has said that from the minute he became coach. Croom also used the exact same phrase when he took over as coach too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    Would any of you agree that this may be the beginning of us consistently being a perennial 9 or 10 regular-season-wins program?
    I believe we can get there. Probably 7 - 8 wins on the odd years and 9-10 on the even years. Hopefully Dan can get over the always lose to Bama issue. If we upped our Oline and WR recruiting, we can compete with the big boys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I believe we can get there. Probably 7 - 8 wins on the odd years and 9-10 on the even years. Hopefully Dan can get over the always lose to Bama issue. If we upped our Oline and WR recruiting, we can compete with the big boys.
    I really believe that we are right on the cusp of this. I'm just not buying LSU's talent. TSUN's demise is looming. aTm seems to lay an egg in the latter part of the season. Ark can't quite ever seem to get it together. That just leaves Bama and Au. And Au can be pretty suspect at times too. I just got this itch that we are about to blow up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JoseBrown View Post
    Grantham is the most exciting hire to me that Dan has made by far. Just thinking about all his previous d coordinators, and comparing their accomplishments pre-MSU to Granthams. With that said, add in the fact that we definitely have some d talent has me very excited at this point.
    The Grantham hire demonstrated the difference in Athletic Directors, Cohen opened the purse and said go get who you need, Strickland has our assistants paid at the lowest level in the SEC.

vCash
    Mullen is that good player who could be elite if he'd just do a couple things better. It's maddening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PassInterference View Post
    Mullen is that good player who could be elite if he'd just do a couple things better. It's maddening.
    lets face it. We desperately need a real special teams coach. Mullen's special teams have always been "special"

vCash
    I think expecting 9-10 wins as the norm for our program in the current landscape is delusional and unrealistic. 6-8 wins and make a run every 4ish years for 9-10 wins.
    Do I not look like a pothouse? Six foot down the bar. Go on, jog on, walk on, goodbye, bon voyage, **** off.

vCash
    I hope so but we will need to increase our talent profile in order to make that type of jump. We will need to start consistently getting all the top players in Mississippi and going into Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia and snatching some of their top to mid tier players to fill out our roster. We can't simply dominate Mississippi because there is just not enough elite talent every year to compare with what Bama is bringing in nationwide.

And we must do it without getting to what OM did because OM will have PIs watching us like a hawk. But I am hopeful that with the type of program Mullen has run, the consistency in coaching, with the Dak effect, and the success of guys we've put in the NFL that we should be able to get on recruits' short list. Once there we have to identify guys who fit our system and battle to get them. They are not going to fall into our lap like they do at Bama and LSU.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***