Quote Originally Posted by MaroonFlounder View Post
Poole is a great outfielder, so same deal with him. I wish a pinch hitter would have been called on with bases loaded.

The hitting will likely be equally anemic vs Poche' tomorrow.
I get the argument that Poole is a plus defender because of his speed, but I have to disagree with great. He throws like he is in a pie chunking contest. On LSU's 3rd run last night, there was a routine fly ball to fairly shallow right field, and Poole caught it with his feet set to make a strong throw to the plate but he barely got enough on the throw to hit the cut off man. The announcers even said that we were going to have a play at the plate. Umm, not so much. The same thing happened at UGA last weekend. He is a rangy outfielder with a bad throwing arm, which does not make him an elite defensive outfielder considering your right fielder typically needs the best arm in the outfield. At least with McNamee in the line up, there is a chance that he can put the ball in play every now and then. I think some of these guys are gonna be lucky to stick on the roster next fall, but it seems this is the hand we are going to play the rest of the season.