vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    We probably lose our top 4 hitters
    I think Mangum comes back.

Probably Gridley too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I think Mangum comes back.
    Good start. I think macnamee and vansau are good hitters next season. I think Skelton and Alexander make big jumps.

ETA... get gridley and mangum and that's a game changer. I really think vansau and macnamee give us some thump next season

vCash
    We probably lose our top 4 hitters
    Gridley will be back and Mangum should be back. Mangum isn't ready for Pro-Ball. He'll have a lot of leverage if he comes back for his junior year. Should be pretty easy decision.

vCash
    Good start. I think macnamee and vansau are good hitters next season. I think Skelton and Alexander make big jumps
    Shit Alexander better make a gargantuan jump.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Why not next year? We get tons of pitching back and they lose Lange and Poche. Hopefully someone will come after Alan Dunn.
    Hopefully that someone is us. No offense to Gary Henderson who has done a great job this year.

We go to Baton Rouge next year.

vCash
    Hopefully that someone is us. No offense to Gary Henderson who has done a great job this year.

We go to Baton Rouge next year.
    Yep. How many players do you see us losing to the draft? We got a ton of great recruits especially INF/OF players.

vCash
    Good start. I think macnamee and vansau are good hitters next season. I think Skelton and Alexander make big jumps.

ETA... get gridley and mangum and that's a game changer. I really think vansau and macnamee give us some thump next season
    Actually I hope some of our freshmen OF's beat out MacNamee and Vansau. No guarantee on that though- but the guys we have coming in have much higher ceilings. I think the Cape will do LA some good. I think Skelton frames pitches better than Lovelady already. We'll see how he does this summer and that will probably give us an indication on what kind of jumps we will see. My guess is Skelton will be around .250 next year and put up numbers similar to Lovelady this year.

vCash
    Actually I hope some of our freshmen OF's beat out MacNamee and Vansau. No guarantee on that though- but the guys we have coming in have much higher ceilings. I think the Cape will do LA some good. I think Skelton frames pitches better than Lovelady already. We'll see how he does this summer and that will probably give us an indication on what kind of jumps we will see. My guess is Skelton will be around .250 next year and put up numbers similar to Lovelady this year.
    If someone beats our vansau and macnamee, even better. I really like how vansau drives the ball to the opposite field. I think with an offseason, he could get those deep flies over the fence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Yep. How many players do you see us losing to the draft? We got a ton of great recruits especially INF/OF players.
    My guess is about 4-6 recruits and then Rooker and that's probably about it other than Cody and Lovelady. I could see someone taking a flyer on Rigby and Bragg and I could see them leaving kind of like Paul Young and Vance Tatum did last year.

Most of the recruits that I think we will lose are JUCO guys- Pearson McMahan, Rey Rivieria, and Troy Bacon. I think we lose Quenton Holmes. I could see Anderson and Hutchinson being risks but I think there is a decent chance we get both.

vCash
    If someone beats our vansau and macnamee, even better. I really like how vansau drives the ball to the opposite field. I think with an offseason, he could get those deep flies over the fence
    Yeah- they're not bad players. Them starting is not out of the realm of possibility at all. Both of them need to work on their defense a little bit. But I think there's going to be a lot of competition out there. I think everyone will benefit from Cann in the fall and offseason next year. Jordan Anderson if we get him is an Under Armour AA guy and Tanner Allen is the guy that Manieri was pissed at Cann for "poaching". He's the kind of guy LSU typically gets that is able to contribute as a freshman. Owen Lovell could figure in the mix and possibly start as well.

Tanner Poole is really going to have to step it up this summer too.

vCash
    My guess is about 4-6 recruits and then Rooker and that's probably about it other than Cody and Lovelady. I could see someone taking a flyer on Rigby and Bragg and I could see them leaving kind of like Paul Young and Vance Tatum did last year.

Most of the recruits that I think we will lose are JUCO guys- Pearson McMahan, Rey Rivieria, and Troy Bacon. I think we lose Quenton Holmes. I could see Anderson and Hutchinson being risks but I think there is a decent chance we get both.
    That's a huge chunk of our class to lose. I hope like heck Cann can use his magic to get it down to 1-2. This has been part of our problem under Cohen and is why we are where we are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    That's a huge chunk of our class to lose. I hope like heck Cann can use his magic to get it down to 1-2. This has been part of our problem under Cohen and is why we are where we are.
    Cann didn't put our class together aside from a couple of guys. I think getting guys into school is as much about identifying high end guys that actually really do want to go to school vs just sweet talking them into coming to school. That's actually where Cann's scouting ties come into play.

I don't expect to see changes with that until next year and then by 2019 we'll start seeing typical Cann classes in terms of both rating and retention. Right now I think Perfect Game has our next three classes rated in the top 10 already.

vCash
    Cann didn't put our class together aside from a couple of guys. I think getting guys into school is as much about identifying high end guys that actually really do want to go to school vs just sweet talking them into coming to school. That's actually where Cann's scouting ties come into play.

I don't expect to see changes with that until next year and then by 2019 we'll start seeing typical Cann classes in terms of both rating and retention. Right now I think Perfect Game has our next three classes rated in the top 10 already.
    Oh I agree and am not putting this on Cann at all. The most recruits you should lose are 3 tops. If you get to the 5-6 range, you are in a world of hurt and are doing it wrong.