Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
Bragg was MIA.. don't even think he dressed .. he is obviously a *****
I have been telling everyone for months LA isn't a SEC caliber player.

This isn't on Cann.
It's obvious AD Cohen was spending more time getting groomed for the AD gig than he was recruiting position players..
The buck stops with Cohen but I wonder how much of it was Mingione.

I think Butch recruited some quality pitchers- it's just that most of them have gotten hurt.

At any rate I ultimately think it was a breakdown in recruiting philosophy. Oh we lost Austin Riley to MLB? OK- let's get Tanner Poole from JUCO. People thought I went off the deep end when I complained about that philosophy two years ago but I don't think anyone will disagree with it or think I am "melting" now.

That's where I think/hope Cann will help us going forward- our recruiting problem has boiled down to losing too many guys to the draft, losing too many juniors to the draft, and not having a quality contingency plan in place when we lose a player to the draft.

I heard Ben McDonald talking about LSU tonight- Kramer Robertson, Cole Freeman, Deichman, Poche- ALL returned to LSU. What kind of team would they be right now without those guys? What kind of team would we be with Austin Sexton, Jack Kruger, Zac Houston, and maybe Nate Lowe? Cann is a big reason why those guys came back.