Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: SEC West Championship Series - Game 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bully13 View Post
    Damn TJ disease strikes uhGAIN****
    We can blame TJ and you can't really disagree; but the fact is if we hit the ball ANY the last 3 sec games, we're in a position to win the sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    But you agreed to start defense???? I'm the one clamoring to start the better hitters. We see what happens yet again
    If Alexander, lovelady, or Poole is up with bases loaded, you PH no question in situations like Poole and lovelady saw tonight

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Last 27 innings of sec play, we've scored 3 runs. The wheels on the bus go round-and-... nevermind they've fell off

Pitching has been good enough to win last 3 sec games, but we can't score
    Maybe we should bunt more. Also, I ruined the Auburn guys perfect game by mentioning it. Ha.

vCash
    Screw this putting Stovall at the nine. Why not bench Alexander and Poole and bat Lovelady at the nine, move Stovall up to the seven hole, put Bragg in the eight spot and have Macnamee and Vansau hitting sixth and seventh. That would shore up our lineup and make it at least servicable. Batting Lovelady Alexander and Poole together is a big reason why we have lost our last three SEC games. When one player has 30% of your strikeouts and three of those guys have half of your strikeouts, you have to fix the lineup right? If Cann does nothing and keeps the lineup as is, my prediction is we have a very short SEC tournament and post season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarketingBully View Post
    Screw this putting Stovall at the nine. Why not bench Alexander and Poole and bat Lovelady at the nine, move Stovall up to the seven hole, put Bragg in the eight spot and have Macnamee and Vansau hitting sixth and seventh. That would shore up our lineup and make it at least servicable. Batting Lovelady Alexander and Poole together is a big reason why we have lost our last three SEC games. When one player has 30% of your strikeouts and three of those guys have half of your strikeouts, you have to fix the lineup right? If Cann does nothing and keeps the lineup as is, my prediction is we have a very short SEC tournament and post season.
    I complained forever about Stovall 9th and finally quit, but it makes no sense. We want to get lovelady, Alexander, and Poole more ABs than Stovall. It never made sense

vCash
    I complained forever about Stovall 9th and finally quit, but it makes no sense. We want to get lovelady, Alexander, and Poole more ABs than Stovall. It never made sense
    If Stovall is moved up even just one batter just one, the game would have been tied 2-2 and the dumb dumbs would have made the right decision and put in Self in the eighth and we probably are still playing baseball in extras right now.

vCash
    We can blame TJ and you can't really disagree; but the fact is if we hit the ball ANY the last 3 sec games, we're in a position to win the sec.
    Yep. I think our guys are choking because of the fact that they could do something special and they're letting the moment Get too big.

We pat these players on the back and they try to do too much.

vCash
    Bragg was MIA.. don't even think he dressed .. he is obviously a *****
    I have been telling everyone for months LA isn't a SEC caliber player.

This isn't on Cann.
    It's obvious AD Cohen was spending more time getting groomed for the AD gig than he was recruiting position players..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by archdog View Post
    Maybe we should bunt more. Also, I ruined the Auburn guys perfect game by mentioning it. Ha.
    Or maybe we can actually play the best players for a change. I mean I know it was Troy but we scored 10 runs on Tuesday doing that.

Bragg has been ill. That's part of the reason he hasn't been playing lately. Poole however should not play. RF is not an elite defensive position. The only way we could justify playing Poole would be if he was Hunter Renfroe good defensively and he's not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Or maybe we can actually play the best players for a change. I mean I know it was Troy but we scored 10 runs on Tuesday doing that.

Bragg has been ill. That's part of the reason he hasn't been playing lately. Poole however should not play. RF is not an elite defensive position. The only way we could justify playing Poole would be if he was Hunter Renfroe good defensively and he's not.
    If Poole can't get that throw to the plate to cut down the 3rd run, he shouldn't play over macnamee.

vCash
    If Poole can't get that throw to the plate to cut down the 3rd run, he shouldn't play over macnamee.
    Absolutely.

vCash
    We need more power somewhere in our lineup. And get Stovall up in the order...

Stovall 2B
    Mangum CF
    Rooker 1B
    Gridley SS
    Cody LF
    Bragg 3B
    Macnamee RF
    Vansau DH
    Lovelady C

Something like that. Look at what swapping Poole & LA for Macnamee & Bragg does to our lineup. We go from our run potential stopping in the 5 hole, to it never really stopping until Lovelady...and Josh has been the better of the 3 in the black hole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Bragg was MIA.. don't even think he dressed .. he is obviously a *****
    I have been telling everyone for months LA isn't a SEC caliber player.

This isn't on Cann.
    It's obvious AD Cohen was spending more time getting groomed for the AD gig than he was recruiting position players..
    The buck stops with Cohen but I wonder how much of it was Mingione.

I think Butch recruited some quality pitchers- it's just that most of them have gotten hurt.

At any rate I ultimately think it was a breakdown in recruiting philosophy. Oh we lost Austin Riley to MLB? OK- let's get Tanner Poole from JUCO. People thought I went off the deep end when I complained about that philosophy two years ago but I don't think anyone will disagree with it or think I am "melting" now.

That's where I think/hope Cann will help us going forward- our recruiting problem has boiled down to losing too many guys to the draft, losing too many juniors to the draft, and not having a quality contingency plan in place when we lose a player to the draft.

I heard Ben McDonald talking about LSU tonight- Kramer Robertson, Cole Freeman, Deichman, Poche- ALL returned to LSU. What kind of team would they be right now without those guys? What kind of team would we be with Austin Sexton, Jack Kruger, Zac Houston, and maybe Nate Lowe? Cann is a big reason why those guys came back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    We need more power somewhere in our lineup. And get Stovall up in the order...

Stovall 2B
    Mangum CF
    Rooker 1B
    Gridley SS
    Cody LF
    Bragg 3B
    Macnamee RF
    Vansau DH
    Lovelady C

Something like that. Look at what swapping Poole & LA for Macnamee & Bragg does to our lineup. We go from our run potential stopping in the 5 hole, to it never really stopping until Lovelady...and Josh has been the better of the 3 in the black hole
    LA = Kivon Coman

Poole = Holloway up the middle

vCash
    LA = Kivon Coman

Poole = Holloway up the middle
    Yep.

vCash
    Lettuce on sps said Lange mouthed "f' you" to Cann after the 6th. Our swagger seems to be gone

vCash
    Lettuce on sps said Lange mouthed "f' you" to Cann after the 6th. Our swagger seems to be gone
    Pure class those LSU Tigers are. What Cann should have done was stay in Baton Rouge as an assistant and turn down being the head man at one of the premier jobs in the country, to keep guys like Alex D-Bag Lange happy.**

Who are these corn dog ****ers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CadaverDawg View Post
    Pure class those LSU Tigers are. What Cann should have done was stay in Baton Rouge as an assistant and turn down being the head man at one of the premier jobs in the country, to keep guys like Alex D-Bag Lange happy.**

Who are these corn dog ****ers
    In about two years- our bitches.

vCash
    In about two years- our bitches.
    Why not next year? We get tons of pitching back and they lose Lange and Poche. Hopefully someone will come after Alan Dunn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydawg1 View Post
    Why not next year? We get tons of pitching back and they lose Lange and Poche. Hopefully someone will come after Alan Dunn.
    We probably lose our top 4 hitters