Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
I was helpfully woken up before 5am this morning even though I was about 4-5 hours away from Jackson.

They really need to figure that shit out. I'll gladly have the emergency alerts going off for things in my area, but I can't keep the alerts on and have it wake up me and kids randomly at 2am for stuff not in the area. I had already had to turn the alerts off because I was getting irrelevant amber alerts and flash flood alerts in the middle of the night; I guess one of the system updates switched it back to the default setting. Just make the damn thing a screen alert and not an emergency alarm that blares even when your phone is on silent.

The amber alerts are such a good thing is stupid to make it so painful for people to keep them on.
I get some of that, but by the time the sent out the alert they could've been already 3 hours from Jackson. Which puts you possibly in a better position to see the cars if they're out of Jackson. There definitely needs to be some tweaks to the system though.