Thread: Dave Serrano out at Tennesseee

vCash

Dave Serrano out at Tennesseee

Retiring at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see who they hire.

vCash
    Here are some preliminary names to watch from Kendall Rogers:
    - Chris Burke (ESPN)
    - Eric Balkich (Michigan)
    - John Sfecz (Maryland)
    - Cliff Godwin (ECU)
    - Rick Honeycutt (Dodgers)
    - Randy Mazey (WVU)
    - Mark Calvi (South AL)

On a related note, I saw something from Aaron Fitt the other day about George Horton possibly being on the way out at Oregon. Didn't I see somewhere on the board that Gary Henderson has connections to the Pacific northwest?

vCash
    uT is a graveyard job. Just a fact.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    uT is a graveyard job. Just a fact.
    Yea and what's weird about them is they have some pretty decent MLB players history, Todd Helton, R.A. Dickey, Chase Headley, Luke Hochevar and they had a 1st round draft pick two years ago and have another top 5 overall projected pick this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Retiring at the end of the year. It will be interesting to see who they hire.
    Mullen to UT.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    - Chris Burke (ESPN)
    - John Sfecz (Maryland)
    - Cliff Godwin (ECU)
    - Randy Mazey (WVU)
    - Mark Calvi (South AL)

On a related note, I saw something from Aaron Fitt the other day about George Horton possibly being on the way out at Oregon. Didn't I see somewhere on the board that Gary Henderson has connections to the Pacific northwest?
    Hasn't Burke already been the coach at UT?
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    They should go after Rob Walton at Oklahoma State.

He is the former head coach at Oral Roberts & turned down the Missouri job last off season.

He has ties to the new AD at Tennessee, who tried to hire him at Kansas State more than once.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Coenz to UT*
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-17-2017 at 11:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexDawg View Post
    - Chris Burke (ESPN)
    - John Sfecz (Maryland)
    - Cliff Godwin (ECU)
    - Randy Mazey (WVU)
    - Mark Calvi (South AL)

Henderson used to be the pitching coach at Oregon State and I believe he went to college there. With Oregon State doing so well this year I could see some turnover there as well as other schools will inevitably offer their assistant coaches jobs as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Yea and what's weird about them is they have some pretty decent MLB players history, Todd Helton, R.A. Dickey, Chase Headley, Luke Hochevar and they had a 1st round draft pick two years ago and have another top 5 overall projected pick this year.
    They can thank Vanderbilt for some of their problems. Most of the top players in Tennessee want to go to Vanderbilt for baseball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    They can thank Vanderbilt for some of their problems. Most of the top players in Tennessee want to go to Vanderbilt for baseball.
    Of course! As long as you have the GPA, who WOULDN'T choose a full ride and Nashville over Knoxville?! Private school advantage! All things equal, UT could be a powerhouse

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    Of course! As long as you have the GPA, who WOULDN'T choose a full ride and Nashville over Knoxville?! Private school advantage! All things equal, UT could be a powerhouse
    UT could never be a powerhouse in this league with how little they give a shit about baseball

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg61 View Post
    Senzel went 2nd last year. I don't know if anybody they have high this year.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Senzel went 2nd last year. I don't know if anybody they have high this year.
    Yup my bad, Senzel is who I was thinking of and the year before that they had a 1st round pick too (Stewart) albeit 34th overall pick

vCash
    Raffo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TStationDawg View Post
    I think with baseball players it's more about the coach and getting drafted in the first round along with a legit chance to win a NC. The Vandy education is nice fallback I guess- if you want to live in New York City.

vCash
    If Henderson goes to Oregon, I could see us getting Dunn. That would be Cann's first priority. Heck, if we hadn't had Henderson already here, Dunn would have been Cann's choice before.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Not necessarily. Not saying it's not true but I wouldn't just assume Cann is gonna go poach Dunn from LSU. He may have something else up his sleeve.