Thread: I remember Archie saying Freeze had a different way to recruit.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash

I remember Archie saying Freeze had a different way to recruit.

I'm not too good on searching for stuff to prove what I'm saying, but I distinctly remember Archie being interviewed about how successful Hugh and OM were in recruiting after that 2013 signing class. Archie made the comment that Hugh brought new ideas and maybe recruited "a little different" then others. I thought then that was an unusual statement. Archie knew the plan, dang he was on the search committee when Freeze was hired. Now we all know what Freeze's "little different" way to recruit was, and its exactly what everyone thought when he was hired with NO D-1 HC experience, or even a coordinator at a D-1 school.

vCash
    I would have to say yeah, as he fit the type of coach the Network was looking for.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 05-17-2017 at 01:55 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    I would have to say yeah, as he fit the type of coach the Network was looking for.
    There is no doubt in my mind that the Network hired Ed Orgeron for one purpose, and that was to recruit unadulterated and lights out. Then when Ed couldn't produce on the field, Nutt was brought in to take them to back-to-back Cotton Bowls with Ed O's talent. After Nutt petered out, they had to get another "yes man" that the Network could manipulate to get the talent level back up to a decent level.

was living way out West, but now back in the blessed state of Mississippi
    vCash
    He actually was a D-I head coach at Arky State for like one or two years at most before being hired at OM. But that's it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Westdawg View Post
    He actually was a D-I head coach at Arky State for like one or two years at most before being hired at OM. But that's it

Must have been that recruiting prowess, when he was a high school girl's basketball coach. *********

vCash
    Just part of the narrative they were using. Building him up to be this soothe saying apostle that is hip with the mama's and the kids.

vCash
    They cheated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They cheated.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Good summary by BuckyDog here:
    http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ng+hugh+freeze

-Sean Touhy comes from New Orleans where he starred at Newman HS, otherwise known as Manning HS!!
    -Archie Manning is obviously a hero at OM and still well connected and his sons are prized recruits and Cooper and Eli choose OM.
    -Touhy obviously goes to OM and sets records in Bball and meets the love of his life.
    -The Touhy's settle in Memphis and become millionaires many times over where they now own some 80 restaurants such as KFC and Taco Bell.
    -They send their kids to Briarcrest School where there is a girls basketball coach and football coach named Hugh Freeze.
    -There is a local athlete named Michael Oher that needs some heppin and the Touhy's adopt him and he stars in football for Coach Freeze and is the top rated OL recruit. Yes we have all seen The Blindside.
    -OM and the Ogre are in hot pursuit of this highly rated recruit and "somehow" they are at the top of the list against the tradional powers in the nation, in spite of a new coach and mediocre record.
    -Oher shockingly chooses OM in 2005, and his HS coach, Hugh Freeze, takes an assistant coach job at OM and is ingrained now in the Network and learns quickly how recruiting works.
    -Meanwhile, Eli Manning just completed his career and is the top NFL draft pick and his dad Archie is back in business as a hero amongst the Bear fans after Peyton chose Tennessee and Archie was banished.
    -Ogre doesn't last, Oher gets drafted and Coach Freeze is now off to Lambuth College. Houston Nutt goes to OM and then Freeze heads to Ark State as OC, then becomes HC after Malzahn heads to Auburn. I'm sure Freeze must stay in touch with the Touhy's during this time
    -Nutts doesn't last after losing 3 to Mullen and the Network/Forward Rebels has gained control. Remember the Touhy's and Archie Manning, and Dickie Scruggs, just to name a few??
    -Archie heads the search committee and they have the money promised to go get the right man and best candidate for the job. After a few months and with input from said members of the Network, Archie brings in Hugh Freeze, a former HS coach of Michael Oher, who is the adopted son of the Touhy's, and then an assistant at OM and coach at small college.
    -Hugh Freeze, who has never recruited on a national level, and recruited successfully at any level, and OM, coming off of average at best recruiting classes the previous 5 plus years, lands a top 5 class with the number one WR from Illinois, the number one DT in nation and overall from GA, and the. number one OT in the country from Florida who had been commited to Georgia for more than 2 years.
    -these top rated recruits play at the UA all star game the night before the OM Birmingham Bowl, and somehow they end up on the sideline the next morning. I bet a private plane could get them there, and I'm assuming you would have to be pretty wealthy to have a private plane.
    -There are also rumors of a certain one of these top recruits being at the Super Bowl right before signing day, where by the way, Michael Oher was the starting left tackle for the Ravens. It is public knowledge that Tunsil has received benefits while an athlete at OM.
    -Immediately the NCAA shows up on campus and have been in Oxford for 4 years.
    -Meanwhile Archie is selected a s a charter committee member of the BCS selection process and during these four years, suddenly leaves for medical reasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Good summary by BuckyDog here:
    http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread...ng+hugh+freeze

-Sean Touhy comes from New Orleans where he starred at Newman HS, otherwise known as Manning HS!!
    -Archie Manning is obviously a hero at OM and still well connected and his sons are prized recruits and Cooper and Eli choose OM.
    -Touhy obviously goes to OM and sets records in Bball and meets the love of his life.
    -The Touhy's settle in Memphis and become millionaires many times over where they now own some 80 restaurants such as KFC and Taco Bell.
    -They send their kids to Briarcrest School where there is a girls basketball coach and football coach named Hugh Freeze.
    -There is a local athlete named Michael Oher that needs some heppin and the Touhy's adopt him and he stars in football for Coach Freeze and is the top rated OL recruit. Yes we have all seen The Blindside.
    -OM and the Ogre are in hot pursuit of this highly rated recruit and "somehow" they are at the top of the list against the tradional powers in the nation, in spite of a new coach and mediocre record.
    -Oher shockingly chooses OM in 2005, and his HS coach, Hugh Freeze, takes an assistant coach job at OM and is ingrained now in the Network and learns quickly how recruiting works.
    -Meanwhile, Eli Manning just completed his career and is the top NFL draft pick and his dad Archie is back in business as a hero amongst the Bear fans after Peyton chose Tennessee and Archie was banished.
    -Ogre doesn't last, Oher gets drafted and Coach Freeze is now off to Lambuth College. Houston Nutt goes to OM and then Freeze heads to Ark State as OC, then becomes HC after Malzahn heads to Auburn. I'm sure Freeze must stay in touch with the Touhy's during this time
    -Nutts doesn't last after losing 3 to Mullen and the Network/Forward Rebels has gained control. Remember the Touhy's and Archie Manning, and Dickie Scruggs, just to name a few??
    -Archie heads the search committee and they have the money promised to go get the right man and best candidate for the job. After a few months and with input from said members of the Network, Archie brings in Hugh Freeze, a former HS coach of Michael Oher, who is the adopted son of the Touhy's, and then an assistant at OM and coach at small college.
    -Hugh Freeze, who has never recruited on a national level, and recruited successfully at any level, and OM, coming off of average at best recruiting classes the previous 5 plus years, lands a top 5 class with the number one WR from Illinois, the number one DT in nation and overall from GA, and the. number one OT in the country from Florida who had been commited to Georgia for more than 2 years.
    -these top rated recruits play at the UA all star game the night before the OM Birmingham Bowl, and somehow they end up on the sideline the next morning. I bet a private plane could get them there, and I'm assuming you would have to be pretty wealthy to have a private plane.
    -There are also rumors of a certain one of these top recruits being at the Super Bowl right before signing day, where by the way, Michael Oher was the starting left tackle for the Ravens. It is public knowledge that Tunsil has received benefits while an athlete at OM.
    -Immediately the NCAA shows up on campus and have been in Oxford for 4 years.
    -Meanwhile Archie is selected a s a charter committee member of the BCS selection process and during these four years, suddenly leaves for medical reasons.
    Outstanding post by Bucky dawg, nailed it. But it should be mentioned that David Saunders, of Wayne County ACT fame was on the staff under Yaw Yaw.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Outstanding post by Bucky dawg, nailed it. But it should be mentioned that David Saunders, of Wayne County ACT fame was on the staff under Yaw Yaw.
    This time period.... was when the new degree "General Studies" degree was created.....

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Lol...yaw yaw never gets old. Anybody got any of those clips?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    They cheated.
    That's one thing I enjoy regarding the 30 for 30 Pony Express, which was made about 5 years ago -- 25 years AFTER the DP was administered to SMU, many SMU alumni and those affiliated with the athletic program admit that they cheated, and while prideful of their actions in the mid-80s, you can tell they tell their story with remorse and contrition and (to some) regret.

I wonder if TCUN and their following will own up to their actions in a similar way a couple of decades down the road?

I really love that 30 for 30 b/c the entire story goes in-depth with the investigation and is well done, plus I had just started at MSU during SMU's 1st season back on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    When Archie said Freeze had a staff that "feeds off each other", he damn sure wasn't lying. They fed and fed and fed off each other long enough to create a systematic process for breaking NCAA rules. When the Asst Athletic Director is coordinating cash exchanges between players and their parents + orchestrating payouts to recruits that haven't even hit campus then that's intentional and systematic in nature. That shit's not isolated in any way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Thanks to you for finding that.

vCash
    Archie helped put that "special" recruiting in place back in the O days. He knew Freeze would go along with it b/c he helped start it. All they did was put O's recruiting strategy on steroids.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Manning and Glenn—who, by the way, had a preexisting personal relationship with Freeze—have talked a lot in the last 24 hours about Freeze’s “it” factor.

Freeze himself talked about “it” in the presser on Monday, though his is a decidedly different type of “it.”

Whatever “it” is, “it” is why Manning, et al. chose Freeze and created a highly suspect hiring process that doesn’t pass the smell test and produces more cynicism than an Occupy Wall Street kumbaya.

Wherever “it” is, Freeze better find “it," mass produce “it” and make his new team—whose double-digit conference losing streak was stopped only by this season’s end—breath, eat and sleep “it.”

Otherwise, the “it” is going to hit the fan and end up all over Archie Manning’s reputation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9...-chooses-sides

This brings a whole new meaning to "It's Happening"!!

vCash
    I used to know a high school coach who took a kid up to Arkansas State for a visit when Hugh was the coach there. This guy has no MSU ties. It was on a game day. He said the visit started with a short meeting with Hugh. Then Hugh took him and the kid to a tailgate full of alumni and boosters. That was the rest of the visit. The HS coach said at the time he was just a wet behind the ears assistant high school coach by even he knew that was against NCAA rules. He said he will have them in probation before he leaves. He told me all that not long after UM hired Freeze.

Banned
    vCash
    639 views in 3 hours