Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
I don't necessarily disagree with the premise of this article and to be honest I'm not totally sure where Freeze's heart lies and nor is it my right to judge that.

What I do know, however, is that he's severely broke NCAA rules, was a hypocrite in front of many, and should never coach college football again.

Where his heart lies in terms of his salvation is between him and God. I could care less and don't believe what his beliefs are should have any influence on whether or not he should be able to coach college football.

My personal opinion, if a gun was put to my head, is that Freeze is a very conflicted man. He knows too much about the Gospel to be a complete fraud. What I do think though is that he's an extremely ambitious man that made minor concessions along the way to reach his goals and be accepted as successful. Then the minor concessions became a slippery and he lost control. Either way, he cheated and should never coach again.
I don't think the fact he can quote scripture means anything more than he has a good memory. I always find it funny when "servants of God" have 5,000 square foot houses and private jets. Maybe he really does care about people and he is in just a bad situation. Getting a show clause might be great for him in that it leads him to genuinely help people for the rest of his life. He should have enough money in the bank to comfortably retire so he could dedicate his life to something more important than entertainment.