Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freeze is actually compared to the Apostle Paul (Link)

vCash

Freeze is actually compared to the Apostle Paul (Link)

I shit you not: https://omrebelnation.com/hugh-freez...n-99c502e3b4d6

Anyone needing more proof that the shitbirds are a cult that meet in the Grove look no further.

Banned
    vCash
    Total cult.

vCash
    I don't necessarily disagree with the premise of this article and to be honest I'm not totally sure where Freeze's heart lies and nor is it my right to judge that.

What I do know, however, is that he's severely broke NCAA rules, was a hypocrite in front of many, and should never coach college football again.

Where his heart lies in terms of his salvation is between him and God. I could care less and don't believe what his beliefs are should have any influence on whether or not he should be able to coach college football.

My personal opinion, if a gun was put to my head, is that Freeze is a very conflicted man. He knows too much about the Gospel to be a complete fraud. What I do think though is that he's an extremely ambitious man that made minor concessions along the way to reach his goals and be accepted as successful. Then the minor concessions became a slippery and he lost control. Either way, he cheated and should never coach again.
    Last edited by ShotgunDawg; 05-17-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with the premise of this article and to be honest I'm not totally sure where Freeze's heart lies and nor is it my right to judge that.

What I do know, however, is that he's severely broke NCAA rules, was a hypocrite in front of many, and should never coach college football again.

Where his heart lies in terms of his salvation is between him and God. I could care less and don't believe what his beliefs are should have any influence on whether or not he should be able to coach college football.

My personal opinion, if a gun was put to my head, is that Freeze is a very conflicted man. He knows too much about the Gospel to be a complete fraud. What I do think though is that he's an extremely ambitious man that made minor concessions along the way to reach his goals and be accepted as successful. Then the minor concessions became a slippery and he lost control. Either way, he cheated and should never coach again.
    I don't think the fact he can quote scripture means anything more than he has a good memory. I always find it funny when "servants of God" have 5,000 square foot houses and private jets. Maybe he really does care about people and he is in just a bad situation. Getting a show clause might be great for him in that it leads him to genuinely help people for the rest of his life. He should have enough money in the bank to comfortably retire so he could dedicate his life to something more important than entertainment.

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    There are a couple of nice comments under the story and to add, I fail to see what his faith has to do with his coaching??? Being ridiculed and mocked for being a Christian is not even on the same planet as being ridiculed and mocked for engaging in cheating to get football players for multiple years. The person writing this and anyone who believes this nonsense needs to have a reality check and stop bringing his faith into this, thinking that it will somehow justify breaking rules to gain a competitive advantage.

vCash
    Uh.....his proclamation of the gospel does not imply his moral superiority. But quotes like this do:

“Well, Coach Freeze told me when you’re that big and out there with faith in Christ, he’s like, ‘What do you expect? Jesus got nailed to the cross,’” Calloway said.

“No doubt there were universities and staffs that chose to talk about us. I’m not privy to the direct conversations so I can’t say exactly what was said, but when we were in the battle for a lot of kids it came up with other staffs. I don’t go too much on hearsay. I choose not to talk about other staffs and other programs when we’re recruiting, and I respect the heck out of those others– and there are many– that do it that way. I do believe there are some that chose to use it to their advantage and that’s the choice they had to make.”

“I’m the type of guy who goes straight to people. I’ll have conversations with people if I deem that’s the right thing to do. Some, I probably don’t know well enough and will let it go. It’s made my appreciation for the people who do it the right way that much greater, I know that. Many of them are in our conference and my friendship has grown with several of those throughout this just because of the respect that I’ve gained even more when you’re in a great battle with an Alabama or somebody and they do it the right way in recruiting and I respect that.”

"From the moment I arrived in December 2011, I have emphasized to all of my staff that our program is founded on certain core values – faith, attitude, mental toughness, integrity and love. Integrity – doing things the right way. I am extremely disappointed to learn that any member of my staff violated any SEC or NCAA rules, and as the head coach, I regret those actions. Any behavior by my staff that is inconsistent with that commitment to do things the right way simply does not reflect the emphasis I personally place on NCAA compliance. As the record will show, I am constantly communicating to our compliance office, the SEC office, and industry leaders to make sure we are using best practices when it comes to doing things the right way. Contrary to the allegations, I have demonstrated throughout this entire process that I have a strong record of promoting compliance and monitoring my staff, and I look forward to presenting that evidence to the Committee on Infractions."

vCash
    He knows too much about the Gospel to be a complete fraud.
    Is this a serious statement?

vCash
    “What do the church and the mafia have in common? You have to be bad to get in.”

What?

Side note: The Apostle Paul could not be crucified which is what Freeze is saying what happening.
    Last edited by Jack Lambert; 05-17-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    Dear Ole Miss fan reading this thread: No one "poisoned" your putrid program. You cheated. You got caught. You're done. State has more success in one sport than you do your entire athletics department. Always remember that.

vCash
    Even Satan has knowledge of the scriptures.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pollodawg View Post
    Dear Ole Miss fan reading this thread: No one "poisoned" your putrid program. You cheated. You got caught. You're done. State has more success in one sport than you do your entire athletics department. Always remember that.
    Don't ever make the assumption they are done. They won't stop until the NCAA chokes every bit of life out of them.

Banned
    vCash
    When as a child, I thought as a child, as I grew to a man, I put away my childish ways.

Banned
    vCash

Well I put a dailymotion video up but it's showing as blank so here's just the song, sorry, Scooooooba to the rescue

Last edited by Dawg61; 05-17-2017 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    He's a fraud. End of discussion. I judge a man on his actions not his words. If those two things conflict then that person is (at best) a liar but most often a complete fraud. If the things being said about Freeze prove to be true then his actions are on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to what he "preaches". This equals a fraud.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    He's a fraud. End of discussion. I judge a man on his actions not his words. If those two things conflict then that person is (at best) a liar but most often a complete fraud. If the things being said about Freeze prove to be true then his actions are on the opposite end of the spectrum compared to what he "preaches". This equals a fraud.
    Well, all us Christians are frauds. We all do stuff that conflict with the words we say. Freeze's mistakes just happen to be magnified because of his position. A few years ago, our preacher admitted to having an affair with the children's minister (who was also married w/kids). Turns out, it had been going on for 7 years, during which he had convinced our elders to fire nearly everybody else in the church office since they were getting suspicious. Talk about systematic cheating... After he resigned, he stayed with his wife (amazingly), did counseling, and rediscovered himself over a few years. He now preachers at another church in the area.

I'm with Shotgun. I think Freeze deep down is a good man who is very conflicted with how to win and please OM boosters while maintaining a strong faith. As a MSU fan, I hope he gets buried, and OM's program gets buried. And when that happens, I hope he'll spend time reflecting on what went wrong and rediscover himself like my former preacher. Additionally, I hope he realizes that God's Will has nothing to do with winning football games and NCAA investigations are not real 'trials and tribulations'...

Banned
    vCash
    Not bad beav

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaver View Post
    Well, all us Christians are frauds. We all do stuff that conflict with the words we say. Freeze's mistakes just happen to be magnified because of his position. A few years ago, our preacher admitted to having an affair with the children's minister (who was also married w/kids). Turns out, it had been going on for 7 years, during which he had convinced our elders to fire nearly everybody else in the church office since they were getting suspicious. Talk about systematic cheating... After he resigned, he stayed with his wife (amazingly), did counseling, and rediscovered himself over a few years. He now preachers at another church in the area.

I'm with Shotgun. I think Freeze deep down is a good man who is very conflicted with how to win and please OM boosters while maintaining a strong faith. As a MSU fan, I hope he gets buried, and OM's program gets buried. And when that happens, I hope he'll spend time reflecting on what went wrong and rediscover himself like my former preacher. Additionally, I hope he realizes that God's Will has nothing to do with winning football games and NCAA investigations are not real 'trials and tribulations'...
    mcconaugheyTHIS.gif

vCash

All Christians sin but not all christian are frauds.

vCash
    I'm the last person to judge another man's faith, religion, or relationship with a higher being.

Actions speak louder than words.

Freeze failed to monitor his own staff, players, and the very systems he put in place as head coach at OM.

OleMiss had zero control of their "Institution", period. When rampant cheating and a total disregard for the rules and regulations of the NCAA and the SEC are in existence in multiple sports, multiple coaches, multiple AD's, including Academic Fraud .............. then there is no control whatsoever of the Institution at he highest level of authority.

Religion, faith and the good man upstairs has nothing to do with the inner workings of the systematic cheating machine OleMiss built.

vCash

I'm not going to get into a theological debate but I know a lot of people who claim to be Christians that DON'T do that kind of thing. I call a spade where I see a spade. If you want to call yourself a Christian (or Muslim, or Scientologist, or Jedi) that's fine....act like one. Or don't claim it.