Thread: Baseball Clinching scenarios

vCash

Baseball Clinching scenarios

Edited.....

Discussion is always welcome.
    Last edited by I seen it dawg; 05-17-2017 at 12:06 PM.

vCash
    What will the tie breaker be if we share the SEC title?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Apparently there is no tie breaker. It's just shared. I searched 100s of sites and that's all I could find.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    There isn't. Co champs.

vCash
    IF my calculations are correct....

Winner of MSU/LSU wins West

if FL sweeps they win it all period
    I dont think we can win it all, only a share of it.. (I may be wrong)

LSU, FL, and KY are looking like they are only wins who can win it all. the 4 top teams are battling now...

vCash
    MSU sweeps this is the standings

MSU 20-10
    LSU 18-12

So best we can finish is 20-10.

If KY takes 2 of 3, that would put MSU, FL, and KY at 20-10. We would all share.

If KY sweeps, they win it at 21-9, if FL sweeps they are at 22-9. IF LSU sweeps, they are at 21-9.

So if FL takes 2 of 3 and we beat LSU once, FL wins it.

So best case is KY take 2 of 3 from FL and we sweep LSU. That would make MSU, FL, and KY co-Champs with us owning the series win at KY. (which deosnt really matter)

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    If we take 2/3 and Arkansas sweeps then Ark finishes ahead of us by half game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    If we take 2/3 and Arkansas sweeps then Ark finishes ahead of us by half game
    What is the difference in posting a link to my article and Out of bounds posting a link to his podcast??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    IF my calculations are correct....

Winner of MSU/LSU wins West

if FL sweeps they win it all period
    I dont think we can win it all, only a share of it.. (I may be wrong)

LSU, FL, and KY are looking like they are only wins who can win it all. the 4 top teams are battling now...
    We have to sweep lsu to win the west outright. Win 2 of 3 and we are tied and co-champs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We have to sweep lsu to win the west outright. Win 2 of 3 and we are tied and co-champs.
    With the way we ALL thought this team was gonna be at the seasons start, ill be more than happy with a co share of the west...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg10msu View Post
    What is the difference in posting a link to my article and Out of bounds posting a link to his podcast??
    It's a life style.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    But we would get the #1 seed due to the head to head. Winning the SEC or West is great whether it is co - champs or whatever but I would like the better seed in the tourney.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    With the way we ALL thought this team was gonna be at the seasons start, ill be more than happy with a co share of the west...
    Also, just making the post season should win Canny Coach of the Year.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    You know what they say about assuming, but I assume it's because he was a site sponsor at one point although I don't see his ad up top anymore.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    You know what they say about assuming, but I assume it's because he was a site sponsor at one point although I don't see his ad up top anymore.
    I kind of figured it was something like that. One of those, you give me something, I give you something back. I would understand if I was linking another forum but it's an article where people can't even comment on. It's MSU sports news. I would think it would be welcomed.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    I kind of figured it was something like that. One of those, you give me something, I give you something back. I would understand if I was linking another forum but it's an article where people can't even comment on. It's MSU sports news. I would think it would be welcomed.
    Then cut and paste it. I very nicely requested thru pm. I'm not sure why you are creating a stink about it.