Thread: OT: Best study guides for the CPA

vCash

OT: Best study guides for the CPA

I am about to break down and attempt to get my CPA. Anyone have any opinions on the different companies? Becker seems like it is expensive just for the name. I was thinking of going with Wiley or Gleim but any information from someone who has used them is greatly appreciated.

vCash
    Try Rogers

vCash
    I'm not a CPA, but I have a few friends that are and they swear by Becker. They passed each part the first time. I do remember them talking about how pricey it is though, so its definitely a downside.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ETDawg View Post
    Try Rogers
    That was another one that a comparison website said was the best for visual learners.

vCash
    Becker. Do it. Pay the money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    I am about to break down and attempt to get my CPA. Anyone have any opinions on the different companies? Becker seems like it is expensive just for the name. I was thinking of going with Wiley or Gleim but any information from someone who has used them is greatly appreciated.
    I'm in the throes of studying too. Take REG in July. I broke down and paid for becker. I have multiple people at my firm that have used Wiley and not passed. Also have some people that have used Rogers and had various results.

vCash
    When both of my kids graduated i paid for them to take the Becker course that was offered at State. Both passed the exam without any trouble. I did not take Becker and it took me a few (6 times) to pass i would highly recommend Becker.

vCash
    Just be glad it's not a hard test like the PE..... I kid, good luck and get those letters behind your name.

vCash
    Becker is the way to go.

Another good site for browsing is: https://www.another71.com/

Good community in the same boat as you. I also recommend their 'Ninja Notes'

vCash
    Look into Yaeger CPA review. It's cheaper than the others and I loved it. They are very forthcoming that their objective is to get you to pass. If there's a topic with low chances of being tested, they just skip it. You don't have the time or energy to prepare for all possibilities. It's probably not as polished as Becker or has the advertising dollars they spend, but you should be satisfied with the combo of effectiveness and price. Give it a look.

vCash
    I'm starting grad school at state in June and will be taking the Becker course next semester when I begin studying for it. All of my friends have used Becker and none have had any trouble passing. Defiantly think it is worth the price.

vCash
    I took Gleim and also took an intensive 5 day on-campus review course offered by a local university. The college course was held the week before the exam so things were fresh in my memory. It helped me pass.