Thread: Jay Burrell of MSU killed on bike in Starkville

vCash

Jay Burrell of MSU killed on bike in Starkville

Sad day. Struck by a car near Pinelake church. Good guy that was the Director of Information Technology infrastructure at MSU. Everyone be safe and be alert when driving.
    I'm linking the CL this one time because it has the most details. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...led/101709330/
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 05-16-2017 at 03:26 PM.

vCash
    That's terrible. Isn't Pinelake by HWY 25?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    That's terrible. Isn't Pinelake by HWY 25?
    Isn't it the church on the bypass or am I thinking of something else?

vCash
    Jay was an amazing man. When I was in college back in the late 90's, I went to the church that he and his wife attended. The church had a program where couples "adopted" college kids; basically just helped look out for them, give them a home cooked meal a couple of times a month, take them to lunch after church, etc. Jay and his wife were the adopted parents of the future Mrs. CowtownDawg. He along with his brother and sister-in-law were some of the finest people I have ever known. Fun loving, down to earth, give you the shirt off their back kind of folks. Yesterday was a sad day in my house when we learned of the passing of Jay.

On another note, if any of you were at State around 95 - 99 and knew Ritchie Miller, he passed away unexpectedly on Friday at 41 years old. Another magnificent man with a larger than life personality, a hardcore State fan, and a treasured friend.

The State family lost two good ones. RIP Jay and Ritchie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Isn't it the church on the bypass or am I thinking of something else?
    Yeah. It's on the frontage Rd right before 25 crosses 12.

I'm on that road everyday. People, especially college kids, on it all the time walking.

vCash
    Vehicular manslaughter. Too many cyclists are killed by irresponsible motorists.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyDawg13 View Post
    Vehicular manslaughter. Too many cyclists are killed by irresponsible motorists.
    I wouldn't be so quick to throw that accusation out... not many people are looking for someone riding a bicycle at 7 pm on Hwy 25...

vCash
    Agree, it's a stupid argument.
    Share the road or don't drive.
    RIP Jay Burrell
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 05-16-2017 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    How about you ****ers start the law discussions and pissing match to ensue on the politics board. This is a respects thread to a tragedy. Some of you need to get a clue.
    You are correct. Apologies.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash

Jay Burrell of MSU killed on bike in Starkville (let's try again)

RIP

Sad day. Struck by a car near Pinelake church. Good guy that was the Director of Information Technology infrastructure at MSU that. Everyone be safe and be alert when driving.
    I'm linking the CL this one time because it has the most details. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/n...led/101709330/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    RIP

Sad day. Struck by a car near Pinelake church. Good guy that was the Director of Information Technology infrastructure at MSU that. Everyone be safe and be alert when driving.

Yeah as you can imagine it's been a tough few days for the family. It is a tragic situation for all of us. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

vCash
    Everything I have seen said he was a great guy. Praying for the family.

vCash
    Seems like a lot of people lost a good friend. Hated to hear he's got two kids that will have to endure this. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

vCash

Originally Posted by I seen it dawg
    How about you ****ers start the law discussions and pissing match to ensue on the politics board. This is a respects thread to a tragedy. Some of you need to get a clue.

Alright,... I broke all the Bike law talk into a new post. If you wanna talk that. Go to the politics forum.
    If anyone ruins this thread again, that is for the memory of a damn good man. You will get a vacation.

vCash
    Condolences to the Burrell family!
    Last edited by Gutter Cobreh; 05-16-2017 at 05:08 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobaDawg View Post
    Alright,... I broke all the Bike law talk into a new post. If you wanna talk that. Go to the politics forum.
    If anyone ruins this thread again, that is for the memory of a damn good man. You will get a vacation.
    Just wanted to say thanks Scooba. The other discussions have their time and place, but the original thread definitely wasn't that place. Jay and his brother Gary were like fathers to me when I was in Starkville, so I appreciate you restoring the original purpose of the thread; i.e. a place to pay honor to a wonderful man.

vCash
    Really hate to hear the news and feel for his family and close friends. May he RIP.