Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Vansau

vCash

Hunter Vansau

.342 in SEC games and .318 overall in 66 at bats. For all the talk about Bragg, I think it's Vansau who needs to be in the lineup every day. Adds a left handed bat too. Keep mcnamee at DH and put Vansau in right, or vice Versa.

Mangum, Rooker, gridley
    Brown, mcnamee, Vansau,
    Alexander/Bragg, Lovelady, Stovall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    .342 in SEC games and .318 overall in 66 at bats. For all the talk about Bragg, I think it's Vansau who needs to be in the lineup every day. Adds a left handed bat too. Keep mcnamee at DH and put Vansau in right, or vice Versa.

Mangum, Rooker, gridley
    Brown, mcnamee, Vansau,
    Alexander/Bragg, Lovelady, Stovall
    Couldn't agree more

vCash
    I could live with that- but my focus on Belmont is because he is alot worse than Poole. Its becoming ludicrous that we continue to play Belmont yet sit others.

Conference stats:

Poole .222 Avg... .290 OBP
    Belmont .165 Avg.... .191 OBP

Poole's OBP is 100 points higher than Belmont's. For all the shit Poole gets- that's a big damn difference.

We probably should replace both. As we saw vs Georgia- we've come to point where playing weak hitters because of their D just doesnt get it done anymore. It's hot outside- time to play some offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    I could live with that- but my focus on Belmont is because he is alot worse than Poole. Its becoming ludicrous that we continue to play Belmont yet sit others.

Conference stats:

Poole .222 Avg... .290 OBP
    Belmont .165 Avg.... .191 OBP

Poole's OBP is 100 points higher than Belmont's. For all the shit Poole gets- that's a big damn difference.

We probably should replace both. As we saw vs Georgia- we've come to point where playing weak hitters because of their D just doesnt get it done anymore. It's hot outside- time to play some offense.
    The difference outside of league play has to mean something, too, then. But even I will admit that Alexander's defense may not be worth his bat right now. I still believe in his future offensively, but he's not showing any of it right now.

vCash
    Honest question on Alexander, why have we not had him on the mound this year? At least I don't remember him taking the mound this year. We all agree we have to get his bat out of the line up. I defended him for a while but it's just not worth it any more. I have it on good authority the kid could sling it back in high school, was there some injury that I don't know about? Does anyone know if we have even given him a look? I admittedly haven't followed the team like I normally do this year...

vCash
    I wish Hunter would bat lead-off. Jake has no plate discipline.Put Cody behind Rooker and get warning track Gridley down to about 7th.Vansau needs to be 5th or sixth. Put Macnamee behind Cody. if Poole plays He needs to bunt every time and use his speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    The difference outside of league play has to mean something, too, then. But even I will admit that Alexander's defense may not be worth his bat right now. I still believe in his future offensively, but he's not showing any of it right now.
    He needs to work on his hitting this summer or else he needs to be a late defensive replacement next year. We don't need anyone in the lineup that is going to strike out on fastballs around your chin on the reg.

vCash
    Vansau and MacNamee's SEC stats stood out to me as did the fact that Gridley is hitting .290 in SEC play. I think it's time to shake up some things.

CF- Mangum
    SS- Gridley
    1B- Rooker
    LF- Brown
    DH or RF- MacNamee
    DH or RF- Vansau
    C- Lovelady
    3B- LA
    2B- Stovall

I'm hoping that will allow Gridley to see more fastballs. Cody Brown is more clutch than Gridley and therefore more likely to make a team pay if they choose to walk Rooker. LA still starts over Bragg because Bragg's issues are more attitude related.

Also- Billingsley is starting against Troy. I say we still keep our rotation intact and then go to Gordon out of the bullpen after an inning or two with JB because he seems much better out of the bullpen vs. starting.

vCash
    This is the last regular season series for the grand old lady known as Polk-Dement. She was the classy broad when she was built! Over the years she has witnessed our cheers and our tears, she has always been there for us as we always come back. We owe Her our loyalty, in this final weekend of her life, against our true rival, that we made hire Skip Bertman just to keep up with us. Turn out Bulldogs, show them the power of the Bulldog Baseball Nation!

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Move hunter to third, Cody to 2nd, mac in left and leave Poole alone, DH vansau.

Grid - arguably our most disciplined hitter
    Rooker
    Mangum
    Cody -
    Mac
    Vansau
    Lovelady
    Poole
    Stovall

vCash
    For all the hate of LA here, I don't get the love for MacNamee. He sucks worse than LA ever will at the plate. He's a damned black hole in the 5 spot. He only has 17 RB this season in one of the prime RBI spots in the lineup. That's not getting in done. LA is currently 4th on the team in RBI with 21. MacNamee can be counted on to hit so long as 1) no one is on base and/or 2) there's less than 2 outs. Otherwise, he's useless.
    It's the roller coaster of hope that this program keeps us on that makes it hell being a State fan. - CadaverDawg, 10/15/22

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    For all the hate of LA here, I don't get the love for MacNamee. He sucks worse than LA ever will at the plate. He's a damned black hole in the 5 spot. He only has 17 RB this season in one of the prime RBI spots in the lineup. That's not getting in done. LA is currently 4th on the team in RBI with 21. MacNamee can be counted on to hit so long as 1) no one is on base and/or 2) there's less than 2 outs. Otherwise, he's useless.
    Holy shit. I'm at a loss with this one. Mstate7 need your stats

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    I bet LA has lot more at bats than mcnamee

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    I bet LA has lot more at bats than mcnamee
    Noooooooooooo

vCash
    Alexander = .230/.289/.358
    ops = .647
    ISO = .128

Macnamee = .268/.309/.379
    Ops = .679
    ISO = .102

vCash

This post is no bueno
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-15-2017 at 11:05 PM.

vCash
    Move hunter to third, Cody to 2nd, mac in left and leave Poole alone, DH vansau.

Grid - arguably our most disciplined hitter
    Rooker
    Mangum
    Cody -
    Mac
    Vansau
    Lovelady
    Poole
    Stovall
    I can dig it.

vCash
    Damn dude. That was not a very good post. Belmont has way more AB's than Mac. LA is literally the worst hitting starter in SEC baseball. It's documented

vCash
    Last numbers I looked at MacNamee is over .300 against SEC competition too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    Damn dude. That was not a very good post.
    Haha, that was the politest attempt at not calling his post "shitty", that I've ever seen.

(You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.)
    Last edited by CadaverDawg; 05-15-2017 at 11:09 PM.