Thread: Can anyone remember...?

vCash

Can anyone remember...?

In fairly recent memory, an active head coach from a P5 school passing? Especially one as popular as Coach Leach? The only one that comes close in my mind is Bear. Although he passed soon after he retired, (less than a month I think) I cannot remember an active coach of this magnitude passing. Thoughts?

vCash
    I can't think of one as well-known for sure. Closest I can think of is when Marshall lost their team and staff.

vCash
    Joe Morrison, HC at South Carolina. Feb 1989 also of a heart attack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I can't think of one as well-known for sure. Closest I can think of is when Marshall lost their team and staff.
    Yes. I thought of them as well.

vCash
    Northwestern lost their HC Randy Walker to a heart attack in June of 06 and hired Pat Fitzgerald 7 days later. That's the only time I can think of a sitting HC passing outside of Marshall in 74

vCash
    Didn’t we lose an offensive coach last year to health issues. I am pretty sure it was one of Leach’s WR coaches.

vCash
    Forgot his name, but he had moved on to another program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    In fairly recent memory, an active head coach from a P5 school passing? Especially one as popular as Coach Leach? The only one that comes close in my mind is Bear. Although he passed soon after he retired, (less than a month I think) I cannot remember an active coach of this magnitude passing. Thoughts?
    Someone on an LSU board mentioned that South Carolina lost their coach in like '89 or so.

LSU Hired Bo Rein for the 1980 season and he died in a plane crash on a recruiting trip before ever coaching a game.

vCash
    Rex Dockery of Memphis died in a plane crash as coach in the early 80's
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutriaitch View Post
    Someone on an LSU board mentioned that South Carolina lost their coach in like '89 or so.

LSU Hired Bo Rein for the 1980 season and he died in a plane crash on a recruiting trip before ever coaching a game.
    Yeah Joe Morrison at usce

vCash
    Nothing like this has ever happened.. It makes it even more touch now with the early signing day being the read signing day in a week.