Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooker SEC POY

vCash

Rooker SEC POY

Brent Rooker is the SEC POY. Also got 1st team All-SEC along with Gridley. Mangum got 2nd team.

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    No one more deserving than Rooker. Phenomenal player and person. Hope we can play enough for him to lock up triple crown.

Senior Member HereComesTheSpiral's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I seen it dawg View Post
    No one more deserving than Rooker. Phenomenal player and person. Hope we can play enough for him to lock up triple crown.
    When do Triple Crown stats end?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HereComesTheSpiral View Post
    When do Triple Crown stats end?
    When all the SEC teams are done playing... The only thing I am worried about with that is Diechman at LSU catching him in the HR department...

Denver Airport Director
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    When all the SEC teams are done playing... The only thing I am worried about with that is Diechman at LSU catching him in the HR department...
    I think the deeper they go the more he is walked. Coomes is no threat once thempost season starts. Their offense is gonna struggle when facing the pitching they will see coming up. No one is gonna let Deichmann beat them.

vCash

vCash
    Our first POY

vCash
    Isn't the race over since not all teams make the SEC tournament? How would the triple crown still be decided when some teams have no more games to play?

vCash
    Triple Crown is over after the SEC tournament.

vCash
    Brent Rooker is the SEC POY. Also got 1st team All-SEC along with Gridley. Mangum got 2nd team.
    He has a great shot for the Golden Spikes. He has better numbers than Benintendi two years ago. Ben McDonald likes the two way guy in Louisville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    He has a great shot for the Golden Spikes. He has better numbers than Benintendi two years ago. Ben McDonald likes the two way guy in Louisville
    Yea, McKay is gonna win that one. I dont see anyway around it. I wish there was a way, but I just dont see it... hopefully im wrong though...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    McKay's numbers are crazy good.

vCash
    Yea, McKay is gonna win that one. I dont see anyway around it. I wish there was a way, but I just dont see it... hopefully im wrong though...
    McKay is having a great season both pitching and hitting but Rooker is having arguably the best season by a hitter in SEC history. It isn't like Rooker is doing this in the Sunbelt, he is going against guys that will be in MLB. I can't fault people that would vote for McKay but Rooker is playing a different game than everyone else. I think with the level of hitters that have come through the SEC that you put the season in perspective. Every few years someone does what McKay is doing but Rooker is just on a different level.

vCash
    McKay vs rooker...

Rooker = .415/.519/.873 40 bb 43 k
    McKay = .361/.478/..683 40 bb 32 k

McKay pitching...
    85.0 ip 51 h 21 er 27 bb 116 k
    2.22 era
    0.92 whip

Obviously rooker is the better hitter. Both's bb to k ratio is crazy good. McKay's pitching can't be discounted though. His 12.28 k per 9 is unbelievable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    McKay vs rooker...

McKay pitching...
    2.22 era
    0.92 whip

Obviously rooker is the better hitter. Both's bb to k ratio is crazy good. McKay's pitching can't be discounted though. His 12.28 k per 9 is unbelievable.
    McKay is great and I won't be mad if he wins it but Rooker is going to be only the 2nd player in history to win the triple crown in the SEC. The other guy that did it should be in the MLB Hall of Fame and there are several guys in the Hall that didn't come close to his season. I just think that 8-3 with a 2.22 era is very good but isn't amazing and his hitting stats might be 2nd team All SEC. The SEC is also the stronger conference and Rooker did this with very little protection in the lineup. If you look at total bases then Rooker had over 50 more total bases with 17 more stolen bases. I just think a season that you only see every 10 or so years and never in the SEC deserves it more than this years great dual position guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    McKay is great and I won't be mad if he wins it but Rooker is going to be only the 2nd player in history to win the triple crown in the SEC. The other guy that did it should be in the MLB Hall of Fame and there are several guys in the Hall that didn't come close to his season. I just think that 8-3 with a 2.22 era is very good but isn't amazing and his hitting stats might be 2nd team All SEC. The SEC is also the stronger conference and Rooker did this with very little protection in the lineup. If you look at total bases then Rooker had over 50 more total bases with 17 more stolen bases. I just think a season that you only see every 10 or so years and never in the SEC deserves it more than this years great dual position guy.
    That's probably a stretch... deichman is considered 2nd best sec hitter and here's his stats... .320/.431/.617. So his ops is 1.048 and McKay's is 1.161. McKay would also lead the sec in Ks (by 5 more) as a pitcher despite pitching 5 less innings than Lange
    Last edited by msstate7; 05-23-2017 at 08:53 AM.

vCash
    That's probably a stretch... deichman is considered 2nd best sec hitter and here's his stats... .320/.431/.617. So his ops is 1.048 and McKay's is 1.161. McKay would also lead the sec in Ks (by 5 more) as a pitcher despite pitching 5 less innings than Lange
    Sorry, he would probably be 2nd team but Evan White was at 1B.

.385/.460/.661 with his ops at 1.121 which is very comparable to McKay. So it would really be close to a toss up on which was 2nd team behind Rooker. White also was on the all Defensive Team so I might could see him getting the nod over McKay.

vCash
    McKay is one of the better hitters in the country and is a shut-down ace on the mound. Rooker is the best hitter in the country, but McKay will win the GS.

If you put it in WAR terms, Rooker has probably been worth something like 5 WAR at the plate. McKay has probably been worth 3.5-4 WAR at the plate and another 3 on the mound. It's just the kind of thing that Rooker can't really overcome, no matter how insane his offense is. And it is insane.

vCash
    McKay vs rooker...

McKay pitching...
    2.22 era
    0.92 whip

When comparing offense numbers, you have to also include doubles, stolen bases, and home runs.

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    I think we've really underestimated and haven't paid enough attention on how big Rooker's year actually is. He is in first or tied for first in 10 SEC offensive categories.

Batting Avg .415, 2nd at .385
    Slugging % .873, 2nd at .661
    OB % .519, 2nd .478
    Hits 85, 2nd 83
    RBI 73, 2nd 64
    Doubles 28, 2nd 22
    HR's 20, 2nd 17
    Total Bases 179, 2nd 146
    Stolen Bases T-1 18, 2nd 17
    Steal Attempts T-1 23, 2nd 22