Thread: Was the umps as bad on TV as they were in person?

vCash

Was the umps as bad on TV as they were in person?

Nm

vCash
    The replay of the HR and calling out EM for the base running mistake was atrocious. Not reviewable. The call on TP was unbelievably terrible.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    No. Our guys were pretty wild.

vCash
    I agree with Todd. We just didn't have it today.

vCash
    Yea, if you don't stay around the zone you aren't going to get the marginal calls. Umps weren't great, but we played pretty bad.

vCash
    The Poole call was bad because Poole wasn't out of the baseline but it was called because of a bad throw. The other play should have been immediately called and they did review an unreviewable play even though it may have been the right call they shouldn't have been able to review it to get it right.

vCash
    Right. It was a missed call. You can't review the play to see if it was an HR and then change a missed call somewhere else.
    Happy Festivus

Senior Member messageboardsuperhero's Avatar
    vCash
    I would just like to see some consistency with the replay rules. We've gotten screwed multiple times this year on bad calls that weren't reviewable- but when it looks like we catch a break on one, sudendly and unreviewable play is being review? Let's either review everything or nothing

vCash
    Actually the step before the bag Poole was clearly inside the line. But it wouldn't have been called if not for the bad throw. I'm not sure whether or not the HR call is actually reviewable (or whether that was what was actually reviewed. They might have reviewed Elijah passing the runner) but the right call was made on the back end. That was one hell of a play by the OF.

As for pitching that might have been the worst display of pitching I've ever seen. Ump was not the problem. How we only gave up 4 runs is beyond me. Plumlee was horrendous. Missing spots by feet. Lovelady should punch both him and McQuary in the gut post game. He probably blocked 30 or more pitches. I've never seen a pitcher bounce 3 FBs in a row before like Plumlee did. We must have had 11 walks today. McQuary I can forgive some. He's a freshman. Plumlee has to do better than that. I've never seen someone miss FB spots like that multiple pitches in a row.
    Last edited by MetEdDawg; 05-13-2017 at 06:48 PM.

vCash
    You can review the play to make sure the ball was actually in his glove and came back in play and not hit something outside of the park and bounce back in. Whether they got the call right or not is irrelevant. You can't go back change the missed call.

Being a step inside the line is not out of the baseline. If he was on or near the grass, then yes he should've been called out.
    Happy Festivus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDAWG85 View Post
    You can review the play to make sure the ball was actually in his glove and came back in play and not hit something outside of the park and bounce back in. Whether they got the call right or not is irrelevant. You can't go back change the missed call.

Being a step inside the line is not out of the baseline. If he was on or near the grass, then yes he should've been called out.
    Actually it is. If his foot is on the line it's never called. His left foot very clearly hit completely in fair territory prior to the right foot hitting the bag. I've got no problem with that call. Like I said, it's not called if the throw is anywhere else and bounces because your eye isn't drawn to it. But the bad throw screwed him.