Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ethics commision meets tomorrow

vCash

Ethics commision meets tomorrow

And Rosebowl is on the agenda concerning his request for OM's open records. I'm sure they'll deny his request, but the guy is relentless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodaski View Post
    And Rosebowl is on the agenda concerning his request for OM's open records. I'm sure they'll deny his request, but the guy is relentless.
    How many UM grads on the commission?

vCash
    Name City App'ted By Term Expires
    Ben Stone, Chairman Gulfport Lt. Governor 11/14/17
    Donnell Berry Jackson Governor 11/14/19
    Derek R. Arrington Hattiesburg Lt. Governor 11/14/18
    Sean A. Milner Clinton Speaker 11/14/17
    Dana S. Stringer, Secretary Brandon Governor 11/14/16
    Ronald E. Crowe Brandon Speaker 11/14/18
    Paul V. Breazeale, Vice Chairman Jackson Chief Justice 11/14/16
    Brenda T. Redfern Richland Chief Justice 11/14/19
    my cowbell is louder than yours

vCash
    i met him briefly one time and gave him some tickets... seemed kind of odd dude. he is on a mission. I'm not sure where along the way it happened but those MF shitbirds pissed in his cheerios something serious. hope that stadium sinks into the ground permanently

vCash
    There is no request, when Mississippi is taken before the Ethics Committee it is because they have broken the open records law. A institution in Mississippi has so many days to respond to a freedom of information request. If they violate this law, they are fined between $50 to $75 per day. TSUN has no problem paying this fine to continue to keep the violations they have committed from their fan base, so they can continue to sell season tickets and raise money.

vCash
    From the "Penalties" section:

A nonelected public servant can also be censured by the Commission and fined up to $10,000.00. The Commission may also recommend to the Circuit Court for Hinds County that the nonelected public servant be removed from office, suspended, or subjected to a demotion or reduction in pay.

http://www.ethics.state.ms.us/ethics...s?OpenDocument

Does this not potentially put Vitter squarely in the crosshairs if pursued vigorously, and if Vitter, then Bjork & Freeze?
    Last edited by blacklistedbully; 05-11-2017 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    Rosebowl be like
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Rosebowl be like
    I think OM peeps see Rosie more like this, lol...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Rosebowl be like
    Ethics is Ole Miss's kryptonite.

vCash
    $10K ?

Everyone wants to be a beast...until its time to do what beasts do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Jenkins View Post
    $10K ?

The Commission may also recommend to the Circuit Court for Hinds County that the nonelected public servant be removed from office, suspended, or subjected to a demotion or reduction in pay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroon Wizardry View Post
    i met him briefly one time and gave him some tickets... seemed kind of odd dude. he is on a mission. I'm not sure where along the way it happened but those MF shitbirds pissed in his cheerios something serious. hope that stadium sinks into the ground permanently
    Well, when their fans keep attacking him about his past and calling him nothing but a junkie and that is putting it nicely compared to what some of them have tweeted I can understand. The dude has completely turned his life around. There are some things you can poke at but for former addicts that are clean and have managed to stay clean that is not something to joke about or harass someone over. It is actually a pretty amazing feat as the majority of addicts can't stay sober for long. I don't blame him for going after them.

vCash
    An institution completely void of ethics does not fear an "Ethics Commission".

vCash
    Is there some type of MS CSPAN that will broadcast this or could he record his remarks and play them on BSR? I'm sure it will be entertaining.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    I think I remember reading that it's $50 or $75 per page per day, or something like that. Depending on what was requested, that could actually add up. If it was just the NOA, it won't be much though.

If the ethics commission has any ethics, they'll force the issue and threaten to withhold state funding from a state institution that does not follow state laws.

One more thing, if State was violating the law, it would be front page news in the CL.

vCash
    OM has stiff armed several NOAs this year alone. They've made a practice of it I believe since Boone was there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDawg View Post
    An institution completely void of ethics does not fear an "Ethics Commission".
    Exactly how can you fear something you don't know of.

vCash
    When the OM alum, lead attorney was told it was for ethic violations.

vCash
    The result is that UM's attorneys state that UM will release the redacted NOA amendment and their response the week of June 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    The result is that UM's attorneys state that UM will release the redacted NOA amendment and their response the week of June 5
    So in other words, on June 9