Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mullen's QB Delimma

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    And JJ carrying the load. Loved Wayne's competitiveness though. Never forget that last minute drive to beat arky and win the west. Was sitting on the 20 with my 4 year old son and watched him convert two 4th and longs on that drive. He was a great competitor but just an average qb.
    I believe Mullen would have turned madkin into a pretty good qb. Relf plus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I believe Mullen would have turned madkin into a pretty good qb. Relf plus.
    Madkin was a winner. My only comment: He was a better passer than Relf but not nearly the runner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDDawg View Post
    He was "leading" behind an all-time great defense though...
    Which is why there is such a sour taste regarding 2014. A better defense and we're gold! Regardless of QB quality, defense wins championships (or at least gets you in the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    No disrespect to those guys but they wouldn't get a preferred walk on offer from Mullen...at least not as a QB. And let's be honest about that SEC West Championship: it wasn't quite Nick Saban level coaching over at Bama.
    No doubting Mullen is great w/ QBs, but let's not disrespect the only time we've played in the SEC Championship. For us to get back, Mullen is going to have to fix the holes outside of QB. Hopefully, Grantham helps with that this year!

vCash
    FTFY
    Ain't that the truth. If Mullen could put together some late 90s Sherrill OLs, we could win big
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    FTFY
    Good one!

vCash
    Forgive my possible memory loss due to the amount of alcohol I drank in college, but wasn't Fant a decent qb with a horrible porous OL? Had like 2 seconds to throw?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Forgive my possible memory loss due to the amount of alcohol I drank in college, but wasn't Fant a decent qb with a horrible porous OL? Had like 2 seconds to throw?
    He was rated higher than Eli out of some summer camps if I remember correctly. Peyton manning would look horrible behind some of the olines Fant played behind.

vCash
    Mayden is a 247 Composite 4*, but the 247 rating has him as a 3*. What gives here? Get with the program, 247.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowman79 View Post
    Quarterback controversy. Fant had two seconds to throw, because they wanted another quarterback to play and did not give Fant the blocking or support. I have a friend who was on the team. Fant had all the potential in the world if he would have had the support.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    He was rated higher than Eli out of some summer camps if I remember correctly. Peyton manning would look horrible behind some of the olines Fant played behind.

He had the potential to be better than Eli, if not for the MSU quarterback controversy. Coaches should have stepped in and stopped it. Some starters needed to be benched.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    no ... who was the 1 decent QB ?
    Fant was a stud coming out of HS. Then he got murdered back in the pocket his 2nd year.