Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mullen has a chance...

vCash

Mullen has a chance...

to better Kang Jackie this year in the Egg Bowl. The Kang was 5-3 against the Shitbirds before #Snitch U had to do everything possible to take him down. As we all know- Mullen is 5-3 vs the Shitbirds and has them at home this year. They have a HS-level LB group and should be pretty shitty on D.

With all the problems they have coming this Fall- that should be a beautiful Thanksgiving for Bulldog fans this year

vCash
    Could they be even worse on D this year? Is that possible, lol?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Could they be even worse on D this year? Is that possible, lol?
    If they have a few injuries? Absolutely

vCash
    Our defense can't get worse and Fitz and Aeris ought to be more mature in the offense.
    Death penalty or bust!!!***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reason2succeed View Post
    Our defense can't get worse and Fitz and Aeris ought to be more mature in the offense.
    We were 56.4% run and 43.6% pass last year. We probably need to be closer to 60% run this Fall

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster View Post
    If they have a few injuries? Absolutely
    What do you think about their dl with speaks, Benito jones, and Haynes? Heard talk on the radio this morning that speaks allegedly is back to form after going through some personal issues last year.

vCash
    As long as the WRs and TEs can keep the defense honest and the Oline can be at least mediocre then we should be pretty good this year. We have one of the best overall QBs in the SEC and what seems like a very good group of RBs. I think the defense is going to be vastly improved because the talent is there. I think the defense was just a recipe for disaster last year. Sirmon being in charge for the first time ever along with the transition to the 3-4 made it a tough to be successful.

vCash
    We were 56.4% run and 43.6% pass last year. We probably need to be closer to 60% run this Fall
    If Williams was the feature back all season we probably would have been there. He was the difference in the Offense last year and I think he is the reason our O Line play got better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    What do you think about their dl with speaks, Benito jones, and Haynes? Heard talk on the radio this morning that speaks allegedly is back to form after going through some personal issues last year.
    Their DL will be solid. But Haynes is light in the britches and teams did more running right at him this past season to neutralize his pass rush. Thats why his numbers were down this past season. Running away from him only plays to strength which is speed and great reaction. Having big guys hitting him in the face play after play wears his wormy ass down

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    If Williams was the feature back all season we probably would have been there. He was the difference in the Offense last year and I think he is the reason our O Line play got better.
    No doubt about it. Makes you wonder why a genius like Mullen couldnt figure it out before Holloway got hurt to force the switch

vCash
    I agree completely

vCash
    Not a popular opinion here, but I'm not near as sold on Fitz as everyone else appears to be. Sure he can run and that offers some hope, but he's a well below average passer IMO and that kills us in games where we can't run the ball.

As good as the Egg Bowl and St Pete Bowl were, he was bad throwing the football in both games. He's got to get better, because teams are going to focus on shutting down our read option game this Fall. Fitz's lack of feel and touch leaves a lot of meat on the bone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotgunDawg View Post
    Not a popular opinion here, but I'm not near as sold on Fitz as everyone else appears to be. Sure he can run and that offers some hope, but he's a well below average passer IMO and that kills us in games where we can't run the ball.

As good as the Egg Bowl and St Pete Bowl were, he was bad throwing the football in both games. He's got to get better, because teams are going to focus on shutting down our read option game this Fall. Fitz's lack of feel and touch leaves a lot of meat on the bone.
    Room for improvement, for sure. I hope he makes the Dak jump, though. Dak was very average as a passer his sophomore year too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    Room for improvement, for sure. I hope he makes the Dak jump, though. Dak was very average as a passer his sophomore year too.
    Exactly, Dak's biggest improvement was between sophomore and junior year. He developed a lot more touch on the ball. Hopefully Fitz is as dedicated as Dak was at becoming a great passer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missouridawg View Post
    That's my hope as well, but Dak always threw a softer, more catchable ball. I know we blame Fred Ross for all those drops last year, but Fitz was throwing Kendall Graveman bowling ball, sinkers to him.

Ask any former high level catcher how easy those are to catch.

Fitz is explosive but lacks the feel and touch for consistency.

vCash

I didn't think Fitz was a very good passer last year. He was awful early in the year. The key was his passing got better once he was used correctly. When the offense switched from spread pass with Holloway at RB to spread option with Aeris at RB, all of the sudden teams had to play the run which opend up the passing lanes enough for Fitz to make some plays. I think this year we'll run a scheme from day 1 which will be more Fitz friendly. That and every single Mullen QB gets better on a yearly bases throwing the ball. So a little improvement from Fitz and the right scheme and I think the offense could be mucho improved.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I didn't think Fitz was a very good passer last year. He was awful early in the year. The key was his passing got better once he was used correctly. When the offense switched from spread pass with Holloway at RB to spread option with Aeris at RB, all of the sudden teams had to play the run which opend up the passing lanes enough for Fitz to make some plays. I think this year we'll run a scheme from day 1 which will be more Fitz friendly. That and every single Mullen QB gets better on a yearly bases throwing the ball. So a little improvement from Fitz and the right scheme and I think the offense could be mucho improved.
    I watched their spring game on TV recently. Their defensive team speed did not look good. Their LB play is really bad. I will say, their offense has some weapons! Patterson looks really good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastMan View Post
    I'm certainly hoping this happens

vCash
    That's my hope as well, but Dak always threw a softer, more catchable ball. I know we blame Fred Ross for all those drops last year, but Fitz was throwing Kendall Graveman bowling ball, sinkers to him.

Ask any former high level catcher how easy those are to catch.

Fitz is explosive but lacks the feel and touch for consistency.
    Fitz gets blamed for Fred dropping balls that hit him in the hands? Tell me, what was wrong with the ball that hit Fred in the hands dead stride in OT vs byu?

vCash

If you're expecting Fitz to lead us to a championship, you're going to be disappointed. But if Fitz is just good enough to make teams pay when they overcommit to the run, we can have a fun year next year. That will still leave some games out of reach, but will make Fitz one of the more dangerous QBs in the SEC.